Server time: 2017-10-17, 05:52
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest zisb

Death of your character.

Guest zisb   
Guest zisb

I just wanted to raise the discussion of how do you (Personally) go about the death of a character? and I guess how does the general community feel about how death is treated?

So to start things off, how do you treat it when you die in game (Eg shot to death) will you decide to keep on playing with that character and just say that a crazy old Russian doctor healed you, or do you permanently stop playing as that character?

Personally If I were able to play, I would probably play in a permadeath way, so if I were to be killed I would never play as that character again.

Sorry if anything wasn't to clear, I'm not the best at organising my thoughts :(

Regards,

zisb

Valkerion    0

I add an injury for every death depending on how i died.

If i get killed by being shot il RP iv got bullets jammed in my shoulder or something or if i can remember where i got shot il RP for that area.

I just add more and more little injuries as my deaths add up. first time i die to a zombie i might have got smacked on the head a little so im a little slow for a few hours.

I die to a grenade il RP being kinda deaf due to ringing in my ears.

etc. etc. you get the idea :P

I only perma death if its a really really good reason to

in the bhm we often pretend that the person who died is 'some random BHM member' - the moment one of us dies it's not us anymore. it's easy to work with. sometimes i'll rp out the death as an injury if it suits me; i'm only going to permadeath jibrael/a character once i'm satisfied with their progression.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

I would love to go around in a way where my character is perma killed each time he dies, but there are limitations involved when being in a clan (Tags, XML).

As a result of that, I've been thinking of certain ways to go about this.

So far, when I die, I will gain some kind of injury that becomes inflicted on my body. For example; If I am shot in the chest and die, I will roleplay that I have an injury in that area, such as a deep scratch by a zombie or fire inflicted injury (burn) when I had respawned.

I just feel, over time, If I happen to have too many injury's inflicted on my body, it will be a great indicator if I should make a new character.

Guest zisb   
Guest zisb

I would love to go around in a way where my character is perma killed each time he dies, but there are limitations involved when being in a clan (Tags, XML).

As a result of that, I've been thinking of certain ways to go about this.

So far, when I die, I will gain some kind of injury that becomes inflicted on my body. For example; If I am shot in the chest and die, I will roleplay that I have an injury in that area, such as a deep scratch by a zombie or fire inflicted injury (burn) when I had respawned.

I just feel, over time, If I happen to have too many injury's inflicted on my body, it will be a great indicator if I should make a new character.

Yeah, I agree with this method as clans and such could be an issue, and the too many injuries would be a very nice way of balancing the feeling that people don't seem to die.

[Phone Grammar, Apologies]

Hatch    0

I've only perma-deathed one character in my whole year of playing RP.

That was my 501st character, it was a progress of about 4-5 hours (It was the weekend so I was playing for a good amount of time). It started when 501st was close to disbanding, it was in the Altar era and we all wanted to do different things, not sit in a castle all day.

It started with my character being depressed and was contemplating jumping off of the tower. BHM then saved his life (For a short while) as they started to talk to me and tell me how my life is something I shouldn't throw away.

A huge firefight then broke out when Enclave (I think) attacked the castle, I had killed the last attacker - I was very low blood and due to desync I couldn't bandage.

After speaking in voice about how much pain I was in and how I should just be left to die, a BHM member peeks around the corner and thinks I'm the enemy - He shoots me in the head.

Video can be seen

Ingore the fact I said "Nooo" when I got shot, it was kinda unexpected and my mic was open so it was a mix of OOC & IC :P

With any of my other characters, I will just play off an injury and not really remember how I got it. Once on my Timmy character I was killed but the guys who killed me played it so I was knocked out and put in the boot of their car, they then later dumped me at Green mountain (Where I spawned).

It's really a choice of what you want to do with your character when it dies. You don't have to play off an injury but it seems like a better option and in my opinion it's more fun & immersive.

Kanye    14

I have not yet killed off a character in dayzrp. When a character is getting boring, or all their in game relations either stop playing or get perm-deathed, I just make a new character, I don't kill them. This leaves me the option to bring them back later if I have a need for them.

Stagsview    624

If the execution is reasonable enough, with good rp motives and with a hardcore ic history.. I perma...

I play realistically. When i die i die.. And staggs has been close to perma 6 times.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

I've perma'd 2 characters that were made for that purpose, to kill 'em off IG to progress my main character's story. It was interesting as I actually enjoyed them OOC and felt kinda bad when I killed 'em off

I've been close to perma'ing my main multiple times, but never did it as the OOC/IC he has is too much to just wipe it off. He knows almost everyone IG, I have him for 1 year, since day 1 on the server! I've built him IG, he has the perfect amount of humanity and insanity I want, he can be the friendliest person ever and save you, or he can be the most cruel monster and torture you over a pack of bubblegum

When i die I just "RP it off".

If I die with noone around I just don't even mention it as a death, may use it just for some RP chit chat, like "Zombie knocked me down and almost ate me but I managed to push it off me and shot it" when the zombie actually Happy Meal'd me.

If I die in a fight I just add an injury, just like Valkerion mentioned. I just RP with my group that it was a close one, and that I need some time to rest due to the injury etc.

I've never been executed, I'm the kind of guy that if i comply I either talk my way out of it, or kill a couple before i go down, and then I use it as "they were too distracted trying to save their friends that I managed to crawl/run away"