M4/M16 changes?

Should this be added and how?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be added and how?

• Leave western platforms as they are
    • Add them as bases and make attachments mostly spawn by themselves
    • add them as bases but also have version with attachments spawn lots too

Tamaster92    14

So while doing preliminary work for the next major patch I configed and customized the RH M4/M16 pack - seen here

Basically the idea is that it completely changes how western ARs currently function in RP. Instead of hunting for that one elusive M4A3 RCO M203 whatever you instead find the body you want (M4A1/3/SBR/Magpul/M16A2/4 etc) then the rareness is in the attachments.

The pack contains TONS of possible variants from different sights, different stocks, different underslungs etc. Combined with the current custom M4s (including masterkey) we could have a western AR base which has multiple base models then a LOT of possible customization for each one.

An example -

You loot a western heli crash and find a M4A3 CCO. However you are more of a long range player so you switch out the CCO for a ACOG or a LRS. You are also a sneaky bastard so you throw a silencer on the end. Then to make those pesky zombies leave you alone you add a M203 launcher with some smoke grenades.

I think this would really help give people unique character to their weapons instead of just seeing them as loot. Plus it would make the search for said weapons a lot more interesting as well as providing a lot more options for combat.

The negatives however would be that ALL current M4/M16s (except the rusty ones and the customs) would be removed from the game. This likely would mean either deleting them from characters OR keeping only the ones currently in use till they go away. It would be very messy to start with as the current guns would not work with the crafting system and be obsolete.

Also please bear in mind this has no impact on adding civ guns or eastern guns or any other requested features. The pack is already done and would require minimal work to add.

Opinions?

Video of every weapon in the pack (of which only some M4s/M16s would be added) -

[video=youtube]

Dave    1

This would be really cool, for the disadvantages I would just remove the other one from the spawn list and wait for it to go away like you said. Mainly because I have one :P

Opinions?

So you're telling me i can customize my own M4/M16 platform as well as my own AK74 platform?

Why would anyone vote against this?

Hofer    20

Yes, as long as these attachments stay rare. I am still more in favour of the "civillian" and eastern weapon distribution in Chernarus.

Reptile449    0

Sounds good, issue with current guns can be removed however you deem fit and it would be worth it :).

Tamaster92    14

Yes, as long as these attachments stay rare. I am still more in favour of the "civillian" and eastern weapon distribution in Chernarus.

Absolutely, the idea is that you can find a base at about the same rate as currently but the sights etc would then be made rarer so getting that decked out gun would take time and effort and make you care about it more.

Absolutely, the idea is that you can find a base at about the same rate as currently but the sights etc would then be made rarer so getting that decked out gun would take time and effort and make you care about it more.

As long as you can guarantee they stay rare then im all for it i see no reason not to add this as it overalls the western rifles for the better.

Hmmm, as long as you can't put an ACOG on the m249 SAW like the picture in the link sudgests then i'm fine with it.

The only way I see that would be "fair" would be to make them ridiculously rare ;)

Tamaster92    14

Hmmm, as long as you can't put an ACOG on the m249 SAW like the picture in the link sudgests then i'm fine with it.

The only way I see that would be "fair" would be to make them ridiculously rare ;)

Nah I edited it to only include the AR platforms, no M249 craziness :D

Yuval    2

How rare? I don't want to go looting for ages for that loadout i want, I think keeping the same spawnrates of high tier rifles and detaching from them the attachments is the best way, so it'll stay at the same spawnrates as now with rare chance of finding sights in tents and barracks.

I definitely love more M4/16's

How rare? I don't want to go looting for ages for that loadout i want, I think keeping the same spawnrates of high tier rifles and detaching from them the attachments is the best way, so it'll stay at the same spawnrates as now with rare chance of finding sights in tents and barracks.

Hmm are you suggesting that the attachments dont spawn them selves at all? you just take them off the guns they spawn with?

Not a bad idea in my opinion

Tamaster92    14

Basically the easiest way of thinking about it is like this -

some platforms (custom M4, SBR, MAgpul) will be rarer than others. They will mostly spawn with no attachments or low end ones like a flashlight/CCO etc.

Then attachments will spawn with varying rarity, a LRS for example would be very rare whilst a simple RDS would be relatively common compared.

EDIT: The suggestion above could be interesting but then why bother adding all the different combinations? You would just look for the one gun with what you want like currently

EDIT: The suggestion above could be interesting but then why bother adding all the different combinations? You would just look for the one gun with what you want like currently

Well what i ment was say i wanted the Magpul M4 and i see an m16 with an ACOG on it i dont like the M16 so il strip it for its attachments and throw it away is what i was getting on but obviously this isnt for everybody.

Yuval    2

Basically the easiest way of thinking about it is like this -

some platforms (custom M4, SBR, MAgpul) will be rarer than others. They will mostly spawn with no attachments or low end ones like a flashlight/CCO etc.

Then attachments will spawn with varying rarity, a LRS for example would be very rare whilst a simple RDS would be relatively common compared.

I'm saying that the attachments will for the most part be on weapons you find, with rarer chance of the attachment to be found in spawns, It works with the AK's right now just fine, and i don't see why you'd find allot of attachments not on weapons in a war zone.

Tamaster92    14

Well what i ment was say i wanted the Magpul M4 and i see an m16 with an ACOG on it i dont like the M16 so il strip it for its attachments and throw it away is what i was getting on but obviously this isnt for everybody.

I'm saying that the attachments will for the most part be on weapons you find, with rarer chance of the attachment to be found in spawns, It works with the AK's right now just fine, and i don't see why you'd find allot of attachments not on weapons in a war zone.

Ah I misunderstood :)

That could work too for sure, but weapons with rarer attachments would be pretty damn rare like they are now or even more so

Yuval    2

That could work too for sure, but weapons with rarer attachments would be pretty damn rare like they are now or even more so

Pretty much what i was thinking, you will only find western scoped high tier AR's (such as M4 ACOG GL SD Flashlight etc) in crash sites, and a very low chance of a med range M4-16 in tents like stary in guglovo (CCO SD, Acog) and a low change of attachments spawning in any military spawn point. just my point of view on this

Tamaster92    14

Pretty much what i was thinking, you will only find western scoped high tier AR's (such as M4 ACOG GL SD Flashlight etc) in crash sites, and a very low chance of a med range M4-16 in tents like stary in guglovo (CCO SD, Acog) and a low change of attachments spawning in any military spawn point. just my point of view on this

Well maybe not quite ACOG at tents but I see what you mean :)

That's certainly possible, depends what people prefer.

Should I add a poll?

Owen    13

I'd love this see this ingame as it gives you the option to change your weapon to a specific scenario instead of looking for a particular weapon which has a set attachments to it. I'd like to see the possible combinations used ingame.

Masulii    24

I approve this kind of suggestion. As for now, I have my AK-74 PSO-1 S but when I run out of ammo, I can simply take my silencer off and maybe attach a GL into it. It just gives you something "valuable" also to trade with someone (*cough cough* expect 4 silencers)

Would really like to see this ingame as I have this whole mod added into my game and I just love those guns.

Tamaster92    14

Added a poll :)

Alan Woods    3

I'm gonna go with 3.

By that, I want to see guns spawning with the most common attachments(CCOs or forward grip)...

Of course these should be heli crashes only.

Hellbreed06    0

This should add alot more diversity and options to suit peoples playstyles, and jsut more customization overall. A big yes from me. #M4Customization4patch1.4.0

The only problem I can possibly find with adding a new pack is how they do not always fit onto your character.

Lots of weapons from packs will not completely fit into your characters hand, or the but stock will not even be shouldered.

If this pack is gonna be added, I would really hope that the weapons could somehow be given a better fit.

Other than that, it would be awesome to have more Western weapons. :3

(On another note, I would love it if the FN/F 2000 could be added as well in the future. <3)

Tamaster92    14

The only problem I can possibly find with adding a new pack is how they do not always fit onto your character.

Lots of weapons from packs will not completely fit into your characters hand, or the but stock will not even be shouldered.

If this pack is gonna be added, I would really hope that the weapons could somehow be given a better fit.

(On another note, I would love it if the FN/F 2000 could be added as well in the future. <3)

These are all based off the default M4 model so fit perfect :)

Also I don't think I've ever seen a FN2000 in ARMA

Yuval    2

These are all based off the default M4 model so fit perfect :)

Also I don't think I've ever seen a FN2000 in ARMA

linunits5.jpg

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?112284-Free-DLC-Lingor-Units-for-Arma-2-OA

F2000 pls :D