Server time: 2017-08-21, 17:58

Sign in to follow this  
Misty

Suggestion: Make the coast area a part of the game again

Ever since the new spawnpoint system has been implemented, I noticed that the coast area has died out more and more. This stretches all the way from Kamenka to Balota, from Cherno to Elektro, Solnichny and the south edge of Berenzinho. This is a huge part of the map that has tons of potential for fun roleplay.

Ask yourself, when was the last time you actually met people in Cherno or Elektro who were not fresh spawns? When was the last time bandits had a roadblock at Solnichny? I remember the good old days when a roadblock at the factory was common and driving at the coast did not give you the feeling like you are the only player on the server.

I really want this to change. The coast should be a part of the game again and right now it's exactly the opposite. I want the coast to be active like it used to be.

At the moment the coast is just not interesting for people. How do we make this interesting again? Well, I hope we can discuss that here. Some ideas I have would be for example to add a high loot spawn such as barracks to the coast area, or perhaps restrict the player spawns to the coast area again. IMO adding new settlements to the coast is not a good way to improve the activity at the coast, because we have the Dragon settlement between Elektro and Cherno which is pretty much desolated like the rest of the coast.

So, anyone else noticed this and want it back to the way it used to be? More activity at the coast aka giving us more reasons to visit the coast? It would be nice if you could make some suggestions on how to solve this.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Shift TP back to Klen :troll:

The only reason the coast used to be good was because people would go up the coast to the old TP which isn't there any more.

As you said I like the barracks idea and high loot spawns :)

Reptile449    0

Remove medical spawns at Stary to force people to coastal hospitals, look for a settlement that could be implemented where Desal used to be (North of Berezino).

-1 to the idea of higher loot spawns, possibly a barrack or two though.

The reason for this is because the big clans who already have powerful weapons will have cars too. It'll just be a five minute drive from TP to along the coast and then they will come back with a car filled with high value loot.

However, I do wish the coast would be more active. I remember back when I ran Southern Crew and people would be constantly arriving at the block in Cherno (The customized appartment in cherno)

Tamaster92    14

A redo of Balota is being worked on and don't forget that the only hospitals on the map are at Elektro, Cherno and Berezino!

Voodoo    366

I have to agree. Something needs to be done to get people there again.

Maybe Balota can be worked on some more

A redo of Balota is being worked on and don't forget that the only hospitals on the map are at Elektro, Cherno and Berezino!

Yes, but medical loot spawns at Stary and since a short while at the Guglovo medical tents aswell. I have not been at the hospitals in Berezinho/Cherno/Electro for ages thanks to the medical box spawns in Stary.

Owen    13

Coastal wrecks which offer loot maybe?

Tamaster92    14

Yes, but medical loot spawns at Stary and since a short while at the Guglovo medical tents aswell. I have not been at the hospitals in Berezinho/Cherno/Electro for ages thanks to the medical box spawns in Stary.

Hmmm, possibly lowering the loot at medical tents?

Maybe yes :) Make bloodbags/morphine/painkillers/antibiotics so rare that you force them to drive/run to the hospitals?

Tamaster92    14

Maybe yes :) Make bloodbags/morphine/painkillers/antibiotics so rare that you force them to drive/run to the hospitals?

I was thinking make them spawn more singular items and less boxes. So you more find a loot pile of one bandage, one painkiller instead of a full medical box most the time

Hofer    20

Remove them.

Tamaster92    14

Remove them.

The tents or the loot? xD

Hofer    20

Remove them.

The tents or the loot? xD

Tents. I'd rather have to go back to the hospitals as we did before. That way the coastal line will be more "attractive" again.

In addition there could be medical tents added to Cap Golova (maybe a PCB surrounding the lighthouse) and Krutoy Cap.

Voodoo    366

Just been discussing the possibility of traffic jam wrecks on the coast.

This could spawn better gear than tents or barracks due to military wrecks plus extras from normal car wrecks. It would mean limited drivability but would be good dodging zombies or having a firefight around vehicle wrecks

Red    145

Why not just make a place that rivals TP and place it near the coast. That way you can also spread out players over the map, AND it will be less busy at TP, fixing fps lag and voice problems.

You could for example make it a uhhh... bandit TP, black market kind of area (i dunno)

This is just out of the top of my head.

Burgz    6

This could spawn better gear than tents or barracks due to military wrecks plus extras from normal car wrecks. It would mean limited drivability but would be good dodging zombies or having a firefight around vehicle wrecks

No!

Don't try and add more roadblocks to desync etc. I've already tried to get Rolle to remove them but it hasn't happened, plz don't add any more.

I do want the coast to be more active though, I would constantly be kidnapped along there etc. it was lovely to hear the ocean as you were taking lives. Ahh, the days.

I look forward to Balota being refreshed :P

Why not just make a place that rivals TP and place it near the coast. That way you can also spread out players over the map, AND it will be less busy at TP, fixing fps lag and voice problems.

You could for example make it a uhhh... bandit TP, black market kind of area (i dunno)

Oh, and CRA/bandit settlement? :troll:

Tamaster92    14

No!

Don't try and add more roadblocks to desync etc. I've already tried to get Rolle to remove them but it hasn't happened, plz don't add any more.

I do want the coast to be more active though, I would constantly be kidnapped along there etc. it was lovely to hear the ocean as you were taking lives. Ahh, the days.

I look forward to Balota being refreshed :P

Oh, and CRA/bandit settlement? :troll:

I'd love to remove the rubble but it's tied to the dayz objects which would also remove all the military camps except Stary and every single piece of rubble and wrecks :(

Burgz    6

I'd love to remove the rubble but it's tied to the dayz objects which would also remove all the military camps except Stary and every single piece of rubble and wrecks :(

giphy.gif

That's a bad thing?!?!?!

DO IT NAOW.

Yuval    2

Best way to get people to those areas is to have a settlement there, but i don't think it's that bad that some areas are not as high traffic as others, to some extent.

Maybe redoing a "prud 2.0" around there, skalisty PCB or other stuff like that will bring people over there intead of TP, and not effect loot in any way.

Masulii    24

I think that most of the people just stay around North because there is actually some good loot (examples: Stary, NWAF, NEAF...) so I think that is what keeps them there. Maybe if we had some sort of abandoned military base somewhere on the coast.

+Also saying, coast cities offer more food and drink (Elektro, Cherno - 1 market / Berezino - 2 markets)

Shanoby    36

I agree with Hofer. Remove Stary medical tents and then people would go to Cherno and Elektro more!

Guest neom   
Guest neom

I am working on something!!! its is still very much in the early stages of design, once I am happy with it and the dev team and rolle belive it can work and WILL work we will start testing,

But I strongly agree the coast needs to be part of the game again as there is only a small part of the map that is played on now and if we were to cut the map down I dont think anyone would notice at all. Cherno and elctro are not dangerous places to go anymore you can run freely and not care about seeing anyone and can get everything when you want. The days of having snipers set up to cover the looting partys are gone.

Also with groups like BSP and Kanen and Voodoo's clan not patrolling the coast takes away any sort of risk factor, In out 5 mins and there is no bother at all. I am all for removing Stry med tents and any other tents to bring people to the coast and maybe making small outposts dotted about that spawn meds but the main med sauce should be the 3 main citys.

Great Idea misty you have my backing 100%

Agree with this completely. If boats are still in the game (No idea, been away from a while and have heard of some stuff being removed), this would make them much more useful, which is something I'd love to see. The coast itself being active again would of course be awesome.

Tamaster92    14

Boats are still ingame and I think people will be pleasantly surprised with player movement around the map in 1.4.0

Along with some mechanic changes which require movement there are also going to be various map changes which make it worthwhile to visit areas other than just NWAF/NEAF/Stary :)

So yeah - the coast will be more important in the upcoming patch as well as some other less travelled areas :)