Server time: 2017-10-23, 17:14
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Yuval

Toggle-able Filter for DayzRP

Yuval    2

I can't really describe this, But after viewing

video, i have to say, it looks so better and fitting for dayz after the nuclear explosion

Before and after shots

93Tok.jpg

93TmW.jpg

Does anyone agree?

Just to make it clear, this is not about a nuke going off, just a simpler filter option is some want it, which can be disabled. No need to nuke chernarus or bomb the shit out of it

Abit of info about implementation of this IG

This can be toggle-able, so it is not forced on anyone.

NOTHING TO DO WITH NUKES OR EXPLOSIONS.

Ego    1

Nuclear explosion? Lul wut

pls

Looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Anything that looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is good. It doesn't make much sense I guess (why would their suddenly be some instagram filter over the whole world just because there are zombies?) but who cares.

Ego    1

There is no nuke in the DayZ RP lore so this doesn't really work :P

Mush    2

It doesn't fit in with the lore at all, so there'd be no point in it. If it did however, I'd say yeah. But now, -1.

Burgz    6

It does look nicer, I'll give it that. Whether or not it would fit...I'm not sure yet.

*gazes at photo and then into the distance*

Samaritan    350

It looks really nice, but I cannot see where it would fit into things regarding DayZRP lore...shame it does look damn sexy in a Fallout kind of way.

Comrade Deg    13

Its the speaia filter (if I spelled that correctly) and its used in most wasteland servers. The filter personally annoys me allot.

Burgz    6

Ask Tomeran nicely. Council nuke Chernogorsk, win win.

Yuval    2

Its the speaia filter (if I spelled that correctly) and its used in most wasteland servers. The filter personally annoys me allot.

When i play wasteland it's usally a yellow filter, this has a much darker tone to it. Could be the same one but how i see it it's a different one.

Wasn't there a nuke explosion last wipe?

Mikachu    26

Yeah....

No thanks

Prince    119

-1 its hard to see for me already i dont want to be blind as a bat 24/7

enar21    1

No.

It looks annoying and I would not like to have that colour on my screen.

tumblr_inline_mgsj0uluUY1ql2udi.gif

Thumper    0

There are a few addons to make the world look different. Some of them are quite good, and I like the example above.

MartinJ    1

I love that. Wish you could just set that up on the client end.

Hofer    20

Tomeran, make Council blow up something.

+1

Owen    16

Tomeran, make Council blow up something.

+1

Prud?

Yuval    2

I love that. Wish you could just set that up on the client end.

Seen similar things with a toggle option on wasteland, so if someone doesn't like it he can switch to no filters

No nuke in RP lore. Except for the non-lore event prior to the release of the RP mod #Nostalgia.

Don't see much point and if there is no RP reason then it would be a no from me.

For personal preference as an option for others, as long as it does not affect visibility of players or other objects in game then I don't see why not.

For personal preference as an option for others, as long as it does not affect visibility of players or other objects in game then I don't see why not.

Yeah, fair point. It doesn't make sense so making it client-side (if possible) would be best. Your choice if you want to make the game look shit like that (I'm taking the piss because it's actually what I want :P).

Yeah, fair point. It doesn't make sense so making it client-side (if possible) would be best. Your choice if you want to make the game look shit like that (I'm taking the piss because it's actually what I want :P).

As a new person to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I can see the appeal. Just needs to be balanced so that it doesn't provide any unfair advantages and I would give ti ago myself.

MartinJ    1

It just gives the bleak atmosphere of a zombie apocalypse to me. I don't care if it's supposed to look like it's after a nuclear strike, it just looks more depressing and grimdark, as I would imagine a zombie apocalypse. I think it's really cool.

Akbar    0

pls

Looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Anything that looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is good. It doesn't make much sense I guess (why would their suddenly be some instagram filter over the whole world just because there are zombies?) but who cares.

I think seeing the zombies themselves gives us an indication that it is a zombie apocalypse :P

I don't see why the sky would change colour. I for one like that people can see it the way they want to. For example there are plenty of beautiful shots of Chernarus but if people want the option then I see no problem in it.

BK8Osc_CcAAs8Yc.jpg

More filters could be added in as well, like an off blue.