Server time: 2017-08-20, 23:14

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Colton

Good Samaritan rule

Question

Guest Colton   
Guest Colton

Just a simple and quick question about the Good Samaritan rule since it doesn't clearly state it in the rules. It says

"A Good Samaritan" may take lethal action if he directly witnesses a robbery or other hostile action being committed against a person and only in favor of the victim."

Now in there is says if he/she directly witnesses the hostile action they can take lethal action, does that mean they have to witness the initiation in voice/text? Or could it be farther away and only eyesight?

11 answers to this question

Baron    2

I think to initiate via the 'good Samaritan' rule, you have to be "100%" sure, that the person is indeed being robbed/in harms way. If you're not, then you're open to report, in most cases, I would say, yes, make sure you hear it over voice/text, always.

And like James below said, you have to be able to actually 'save' the person, otherwise again, it falls into bad RP.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Yes its advised you witness the initiation hence why it sais 'directly witness the robbery' however it also said if you 'directly witness a robbery or other hostile action' so if you see a hostage being tortured or being executed and you can stop them then yes that also counts and means you can intervene.

Few quick points:

-Only step in if your sure the hostage can be saved (1v7 isn't going to work)

-And only have good RP reason for example you wouldn't step in and try and save an enemy clan member

Mush    2

Hearing voice is the best way as it's a confirmation of a hostile action.

Eyesight is a maybe, you have to be certain it's a robbery. Although, some staff do not like you basing it off eyesight. It's best to hear it.

You have to be able to save the hostage too.

Houlton    3

Now in there is says if he/she directly witnesses the hostile action they can take lethal action, does that mean they have to witness the initiation in voice/text? Or could it be farther away and only eyesight?

-Snipping for the sake of OP-

Has this answered your question?

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Yep as Mush said best to hear it because you can never be 100% as to whats going on people could be dropping their weapons to trade.

In addition to this sometimes robberies can be turned around e.g. last week B-17 robbed me so I got away and counter robbed them as I wanted to RP it rather than shooting them all so it that case technically I was still the victim so yes you need to be 100% so you really should see voice or text before using good Samaritan and also know the situation too.

Hope this helped :P

Good Samaritan Exception
The exception to this rule is known as the "Good Samaritan" exception. This exception allows heroes to try and rescue a person being robbed or otherwise threatened. A "Good Samaritan" may take lethal action if he directly views a robbery or other hostile action being committed against a person and only in favor of the victim.
Warning: This should only be used when you are certain the victim you intend to save will not be injured or killed by any repercussions of your actions. A victim may be killed if their robbers start taking fire from their would be saviours.

From the supplimental rules found here

That seems to be outdated a little as the rule changed a little while back and robbers can NO LONGER kill their victim if they take fire from a good Samaritan so just a heads up on that one to the OP :)

Houlton    3

Yep as Mush said best to hear it because you can never be 100% as to whats going on people could be dropping their weapons to trade.

In addition to this sometimes robberies can be turned around e.g. last week B-17 robbed me so I got away and counter robbed them as I wanted to RP it rather than shooting them all so it that case technically I was still the victim so yes you need to be 100% so you really should see voice or text before using good Samaritan and also know the situation too.

Hope this helped :P

Good Samaritan Exception
The exception to this rule is known as the "Good Samaritan" exception. This exception allows heroes to try and rescue a person being robbed or otherwise threatened. A "Good Samaritan" may take lethal action if he directly views a robbery or other hostile action being committed against a person and only in favor of the victim.
Warning: This should only be used when you are certain the victim you intend to save will not be injured or killed by any repercussions of your actions. A victim may be killed if their robbers start taking fire from their would be saviours.

From the supplimental rules found here

That seems to be outdated a little as the rule changed a little while back and robbers can NO LONGER kill their victim if they take fire from a good Samaritan so just a heads up on that one to the OP :)

Forgot about that, someone needs to update the wiki then

Toorrik    4

Supplementals are no longer in affect as they are no longer linked anywhere in our Rulepage.

Guest Colton   
Guest Colton

Supplementals are no longer in affect as they are no longer linked anywhere in our Rulepage.

What do you mean supplementals?

Also thanks everyone for the posts cleared everything up for me.

Marking as solved.

/Solved

Toorrik    4

What do you mean supplementals?

Also thanks everyone for the posts cleared everything up for me.

Supplementals mean the Wiki, I was replying to the persons post just above mine. Should've quoted him to make if more obvious.