Server time: 2017-08-23, 19:25

Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheDirtyPianoman

A Different Map?

Guest TheDirtyPianoman   
Guest TheDirtyPianoman

Why not make another server or two with a different map like Taviana or some other large map. I do not see any reason why this would not work out with and RP, other than some peoples background stories. I truly do not see why this would be rejected, but I really do not know, and will let you decide.

Kravock    1

We've tried this multiple times, everyone always stays on Chernarus in the end.

Yuval    2

I'm used to cherno in a bad way.. I like NAPF allot.

Cherno is dull and as there are maps for dayz why not use them

Guest TheDirtyPianoman   
Guest TheDirtyPianoman

Oh... Never mind then

Daryl Dixon    0

I play the different maps for a while but I always seem to move back to good old Chernarus. Probably due to the different maps being low populated.

Guest TheDirtyPianoman   
Guest TheDirtyPianoman

also, at the moment at least... no one goes on s1/s3 and you still have them up, why not just change s3 into Taviana or something?

Moxy    19
Kravock    1

also, at the moment at least... no one goes on s1/s3 and you still have them up, why not just change s3 into Taviana or something?

S3 is the new hardcore server. S1 is used as well, S2 is just more popular these days due to the TP.

Owen    13

Say if a new map does come, people will just go back to the Chernarus one eventually. It is because it's a pretty good map.

No-one goes on S1 or S3 because TP isn't there and the low pop on S3 seems to be proof already that this community really doesn't want change. It's a shame but it's how it's been for a long time. Hopefully it might change.

Moxy    19

Give me a Hardcore (1st person only) server on a new map and I'd be set.

Would be my new home, no matter how shit it is compared to Chernarus. I just want to play a new map, so tired of the same routes over and over and over..

DinoB    20

I'd love a fresh new map, but I don't think it's going to work out. Never really did in the past...

It will only work out, if we get a new map, add tp to that map, and only make that map available I guess.

But like the others said, if we change S3 to a new map, people would still join chernarus because of the higher population and TP.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

As said, everyone goes back to Chernarus. But that's cause in the 1 year I'm here, I'm pretty sure the only new map that was tried was Taviana, with Epoch. Pretty silly idea if you ask me, as it's an average map WITH a shitty PVP mod. As long as I played there, there was zero player interaction, ecxept from PVP. People got their gold, buy stuff and then hide in their base, never to be seen again.

I remember Panthera winning in one of the major polls, and never being added, I think the reason was "it doesn't work with the RP mod" or something like that.

As mentioned, this community is afraid of change. And it's like a bunch of kids, going after shiny things that seem cool or have aa cool name. Bring TP to S1/S3 and they'll be full.

I remember Panthera winning in one of the major polls, and never being added, I think the reason was "it doesn't work with the RP mod" or something like that.

As mentioned, this community is afraid of change. And it's like a bunch of kids, going after shiny things that seem cool or have aa cool name. Bring TP to S1/S3 and they'll be full.

Panthera was added but only to Epoch, I remember hearing that one of the devs (Kravok) got DayZ 1.8 running on Panthera and that it was working but then the whole mod broke. So it would be interesting to know the possibility of S3 Panthera with the hardcore element.

ZeroXiz    0

I always enjoyed the new maps and would stay on them, even tho they seemed to always be empty. For a new map to work it would have to have a TP or other settlements. Even with this tho I don't see it working with the current playerbase.

LuckyLeo07    0

I personally would like a larger map to make things more challenging

but no extra mod like epoch, that what went wrong with the other maps

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Taviana has been tried before without Epoch, and that didn't work, usually those who suggest other maps are the first to get bored of it because no one else joins it, that's why Epoch Panthera shut down about 1 month before Chernarus Epoch.

LuckyLeo07    0

Taviana has been tried before without Epoch, and that didn't work, usually those who suggest other maps are the first to get bored of it because no one else joins it, that's why Epoch Panthera shut down about 1 month before Chernarus Epoch.

that's because the only change one server, I say if we change it change all the servers, or people will always go for the smaller map, need to force to play on a larger one, makes encounters more intense.

Zhunk    2

As said before, there is always someone asking for a 'new' map. Yet the community doesn't seem to prove this idea. At first, they hype is strong, yet after a short time it dies out and becomes an empty server.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

There is only one way for this to work. Force it upon everyone.

Moxy    19

I've never actually been here for a map change. It always seems to happen when I'm not on anymore.

I believe if they gave it the "hardcore" settings it would attract more people.

Whitefur    4

I will have to agree with Zhunk. Although I would play the shit out of another map a lot of people will only go there because its new. Look at Epoch Namp. That lasted a week before the hype died completely and brought Epoch Chernarus down with it.