Server time: 2017-10-19, 14:51
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

The Art of War

Tomeran    3

So?

Amanda glanced inpatiently at the young council officer that had just entered her office at compound 14.

"Forward commander Andrews reports the ambush was a success, ma'am. Notable UEF, CTC and survivor losses. The surprise was total."

"Good. Our losses?"

"Andrews reports 3 T-90s lost, 2 damaged. 5 littlebirds lost, 3 damaged. One Mi-24 damaged. All in all, 14 people dead, 11 injured."

Amanda nodded and did a brief mental note "I hope our LB pilots dont start to feel too demoralized when they inevitably realize that they are expendable. The council wanted those helicopters "phased out" anyway for the new prototype."

"Within acceptable parameters then. Enemy losses?"

"Andrews reports 6 CTC T72's destroyed. 2 CTC BMP2's destroyed. 2 UEF MH60-S Sea hawks destroyed. One UEF AH-64 apache presumed destroyed. At least a dozen smaller vehicles and trucks. One CTC ZU-23 truck destroyed, 4 PK technicals destroyed. And one CTC BM-21 grad destroyed. Manpower losses are estimated to be around a 100, of whom 60 are CTC, 10 are UEF and the rest local survivors. Anderson also put emphasis on major hardware losses in equipment and HMG's for the CTC."

Amanda smirked. Excellent. Those T-72's were the real price. In one single blow planned and executed in two months, she had done more then twice the damage that Gerhardt had done with his numerous feeble attacks in the past year. The councillors would be pleased.

"Alright, good. Dismissed, lieutenant."

The lieutenant hesitated and Amanda raised a brow in response.

"...Lieutenant?"

"Ma'am, Andrews asked me to relay a question." the lieutenant uttered, clearly nervous.

Amanda sighed and leaned forward across the desk. Andrews, always the inquisitive one.

"Go on."

"Well, according to field commander Andrews, he had more then enough reserves to break the remaining defense at the Trade Post and wipe the place of the map. He's wondering why you gave the order to pull back. "

Amanda initially thought about taking action because of the disrespectful question from one of her commanders, until she realized that it was a fairly good question, and not necessarily one asked out of disobedience, but perhaps merely to have deeper insight into the planned strategy. She's kept that longterm plan mostly to herself so far. But Andrews had done well, perhaps he deserved this insight.

"You can tell him this. While its true that wiping that miserable Trade Post off the map would have been a great blow to the CTC, it would not have prevented their inevitable return. This is a war of attrition, and the CTC is vurnable because they have limited resources that also rely on a civilian populace that can be easily turned against them. Losses breeds discontent.

While the CTC has their little Trade Post, they're under the illussion they still have a proper foothold in this region. So they'll keep devoting resources here. They'll keep throwing their men and resources into the grinder, and they've provided a neat little "bunker" where they're mostly holed up in, thinking they're safe. Their "victory" at the Trade post will reinforce this strategy, despite their losses. They'll be all the more desperate now, and who knows, maybe some of those disgusting zagorian natives will help us bring ruin to their entire organisation when the CTC paranoia ruins their relationship with these local groups.

The lieutenant frowned as he thought about the strategy he had just heard. Amanda could tell he was taking notable time to process it.

"Think of it like this. The CTC are a den of rodents. We want to destroy the rodents. We can kill them off fairly easily in their den because we know where it is and because the rodents think its whats keeps them safe, but if we put too much pressure, maybe the rodents will flee. And they're a lot harder to catch and kill when out in the wild. This is the problem with the local zagorian natives, they're rodents in the wild. They rely on guerilla tactics and even with drone survailence its troublesome to hunt them all down. Somewhere along the line they had the horribly stupid idea to try and create settlements, and that moved many of them to the same location. Easier targets. Its the same thing with the CTC and the Trade Post, just on a larger scale. We want them to still have their little post, as we'll gradually bleed them dry through it.

Can you remember all that, lieutenant?"

The lieutenant hesitated again, but this was quickly followed by a nod.

"Yes ma'am."

"Good. You can tell that to commander Andrews then. And while you're at it, tell him to stop being a cowardly bastard and sending his officers as messengers because he's afraid of me. I want him to report to me personally, like all the rest. Or I'll really give him a reason to fear me.

Now, dismissed."

The lieutenant gulped but saluted and left the office.

Amanda returned to her cup of coffee and looked over a folder of recon photos. So many promising targets. She had busy days ahead of her.

Tomeran    3

We can never win against the council can we.

Well you certainly scored a few victories back when Gerhardt was the local commander. But staff felt these victories were too easy and eroded the fear of the faction. So I gave the faction a new commander, one that's meant to be a bit more skilled and ruthless.

Victories are still possible, but the "new" council is suppose to be a difficult opponent.

Voedric    28

We can never win against the council can we.

Well you certainly scored a few victories back when Gerhardt was the local commander. But staff felt these victories were too easy and eroded the fear of the faction. So I gave the faction a new commander, one that's meant to be a bit more skilled and ruthless.

Victories are still possible, but the "new" council is suppose to be a difficult opponent.

They certainly did make everyone at the TP cower in fear when the council was attacking it, thats for sure.

It was a great event Tomeran can't wait for the next one from you.

Mellstrom    21

After what happened at the event today i don't think many people would want to ally them selves with the council or even help them. But things might change. I sense the council has much more to offer...

Tomeran    3

After what happened at the event today i don't think many people would want to ally them selves with the council or even help them.

You'd be surprised. ;)

Rifleman    14

Great read, as always Tomeran - Looking forward to putting a bullet in this Psycho's head before she gets any good ideas...

Bianco    0

So NOW can we attack the CTC with so many losses? Also will you be updating the assets list to show everything you guys have lost?

Rifleman    14

So NOW can we attack the CTC with so many losses? Also will you be updating the assets list to show everything you guys have lost?

Tomeran has already updated the Asset list. And I doubt any sane man would still attack CTC when they still have a few working heavy vehicles - including 1 T72 - so good luck with that.

Tomeran    3

No, the TP will not stop being a safezone. ;)

And as Rifleman says, assets list updated. That update has been a long time coming though.

Mikasa    2

Really? I mean, come on. Shoo!

That's a woman to fear, by the sound of it. I'd much rather we go back to the old one in charge. I don't like what the future holds with her in charge :<

Daryl Dixon    0

Good read, its nice to have a point of view from the councils side of the attack. To me they remind me of the Empire from star wars for some reason (wondering if that's inspiration). Especially Amanda she has that strict and harsh personality. This makes her wanting things done her way no matter the costs.

Bianco    0

And as Rifleman says, assets list updated. That update has been a long time coming though.

That one Mi-24 you guys crashed with us is not listed as severely damaged, and there seems to be one more Mi-17 then what you guys have since we shot it down... unless I am mistaken and I am missing something?

Tomeran    3

That one Mi-24 you guys crashed with us is not listed as severely damaged, and there seems to be one more Mi-17 then what you guys have since we shot it down... unless I am mistaken and I am missing something?

The earlier list was not a very accurate representation. It was a very old list and hadnt gone through changes in many many months. The new one is more up to date, and will be kept more accuratly updated more regurly.

As for the Mi-24, its listed as in poor condition. Just like the other one.

Houlton    3

After what happened at the event today i don't think many people would want to ally them selves with the council or even help them.

You'd be surprised. ;)

The stupid few who belive they will be spared if they ally with them

Sign in to follow this