Server time: 2017-11-19, 02:59

Sign in to follow this  
BobitoZ

Leaving TP

Question

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, for my own knowledge.

If I'm in the TP and leave (in a vehicle everyone wants).

Someone follows me from the TP in their vehicle and latter tries to initiate on me outside of the TP, after continuously following me. Is that against the rules?

15 answers to this question

I do not believe it is as long as it happened outside of the TP.

Its not a nice move but Its not a rulebreak.

If the initiator enters the TP within two hours after the hostile action against you (imitation) they break the TP rules but that is not what this is about.

I don't understand why it would be against the rules, as long as it's outside of the safezone, it should be fine! :D

As long as it is away from the Safe Zone I cannot see it being an issue, a bit of a shitty way of doing things but 'ok' to do so.

Very simple really if you think you are being followed out of the TP, just turn around an return to the safezone.

Feels like entrapment.

Exactly! That's good, it will deter people from constantly going there.

I do agree its a pretty dirty move, some people do sit in TP with 3 or 4 high teir vehicles nearly all day, not trading, not RPing as much, just sitting there quietly.

Feels like entrapment.

Exactly! That's good, it will deter people from constantly going there.

I'll refrain from turning this into a TP bashing thread.

I don't get involved in may reports, that's why I'm asking. If you guys say it's fine, I'll go with that. Just something for me to be aware of. Thanks.

Your a free medic, riding in a humvee...I knew that was going to happen. But if you ever need security when doing runs, call on Cerberus when we are on

Guest Whazmeister

Almost had you, damnit.

Your a free medic, riding in a humvee...I knew that was going to happen. But if you ever need security when doing runs, call on Cerberus when we are on

Well I got away. It takes more skill to be a Free Medic than one might think. Like I said, something else to be aware of.

Guest John Le Bear

This is something I often do when on my nasty characters :D

If im looking for certain victims, I will go to the place they feel most safe, the TP, then I simply wait for my target to leave, then what happens after doesnt need to be told.

But, no. Its not against the rules. In an IC sense, you are under the protection of CTC while in the TP, however as soon as you leave, you are not safe and anything could happen, hence why 'bandits' often pick their targets in the TP and follow them to a better location to rob them etc.

When you can go to a secure place like the Trading Post, flashing all of your valuables, the consequence is that people can follow you and have the knowledge that you own these things. If you don't want people to know that you have a certain gun or vehicle, then don't go to the Trade Post.

Same goes for real life robberies I presume. If you, as a robber, see a lady with an expensive purse just outside of the police station, you're probably not going to rob her, but instead, follow her a bit and then go aggressive.

I've always wanted to see someone in the woods around TP on a motorbike, shadowing and radioing locations of leaving vehicles, maybe even trying to force them down certain roads (stopping ahead of a car, in the middle of the road, forcing the car to take another route or get initiated on).

Maybe the motorbike wouldnt be the best vehicle for this, as its not great offroad, but it certainly would fit the look best (scout, outrider, etc).

-snip-

Typically I would avoid the TP, at least in the past, for exactly the reason you state. With the medical tents in this one, I feel obligated to go there. People almost expect it.

I usually treat at least four people every time I go.

I may not be playing guitars or Cantina music but I'm providing just as much atmosphere.

It just becomes lame currently because as soon as I get there with anything better than an ak and a crap car. I'm constantly approached by people really just going out of character to talk about the gear.

SDS, you guys were not the only ones stalking me today. That's why I felt I should ask about it.

To be clear. I do expect to be robbed at some point. That's kind of my job as well. So I should give you all a "prime" target.

Just don't be so obvious about it :P

Same goes for real life robberies I presume. If you, as a robber, see a lady with an expensive purse just outside of the police station, you're probably not going to rob her, but instead, follow her a bit and then go aggressive.

You are scaring me Soren, stop thinking about robbing women's! :D