Server time: 2017-08-20, 06:08

Sign in to follow this  
MisterMartijn

My police bus got taken.

Question

I went with my friend at the TP near the server restart. So 10 min out my friend drove the car away to log out and come back after the restart, but when we came back our car was stolen.

I know it was our fault to park it ~ 300 m away from the TS, but It's still a dickmove to steal it after the restart.

So my question is: Can you take a good car in the woods near TS in 3 minutes after the server restart?

15 answers to this question

Mikasa    2

Well, it could almost be classified as abuse of game mechanics I suppose. I mean, he/she/that/it took advantage of the server restart.

Burgz    6

Had the message came up yet that says 'You are now entering the Trade Post'? If not then it was completely legit (unless they purposefully abused the restart to steal it).

Sorry.

Are you sure the car hadn't teleported because you were driving it too close to when the restart happened?

Pyrah    1

I assume you mean outside TP? In theory if someone seen you drive it out and log with it and you logged straight back in and it was gone you may have a case.

Did you see anyone with it in TP after?

Are you sure you logged straight back in after restart?

Can you take a good car in the woods near TS in 3 minutes after the server restart?

No. The thief has to wait at least 10 minutes before he can take the vehicle after server restart.

Had the message came up yet that says 'You are now entering the Trade Post'? If not then it was completely legit (unless they purposefully abused the restart to steal it).

Sorry.

Are you sure the car hadn't teleported because you were driving it too close to when the restart happened?

No, my friend was with the car waiting for the restart. I think someone follow us from the TP. Can we shoot them if we see our bus?

Burgz    6

Sorry.

No, my friend was with the car waiting for the restart. I think someone follow us from the TP. Can we shoot them if we see our bus?

No you can't shoot them because you weren't there to claim it and initiate, however try making a report because he shouldn't steal it that soon after a restart.

Sin    114

It's not only a dick move, it's possibly abusing game mechanics.

From under section 7 - Power and Meta-gaming:

"Use the knowledge of game mechanics to create unreasonable or unrealistic scenarios."

One could argue that this applies.

As Arcus stated, it's traditional to allow a ten minute window before and after server restart.

It's not only a dick move, it's possibly abusing game mechanics.

From under section 7 - Power and Meta-gaming:

"Use the knowledge of game mechanics to create unreasonable or unrealistic scenarios."

One could argue that this applies.

My friend just told me he was IN the bus during the restart. Can there be a script on the server that removes a vehicle when you spawn inside it?

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Off topic a little, but there is a police bus?

Major Tom    78

Hi! That was me that took your car. Really sorry about that.

You see, I had just died in a firefight at NWAF before the restart. I rejoined after restart and had a few coastal spawns, slowly looking for basic stuff before falling off a building. I respawned at Pulkovo and turned a little to my left and saw your car there. It was like a godsend. Couldn't believe my luck.

I literally spawned next to your car and took it. Didn't even consider the fact that someone might not have logged in yet. It was about 10 mins after restart so you really should have logged back on to claim it by then.

I apologize for taking your car, I didn't even know it was stealing. I spawned, took the car and thought nothing more of it. I kinda thought it was just a stashed car that I happened to come across. Sorry :(

Terra crashed it a few minutes later. Blame her.

Hi! That was me that took your car. Really sorry about that.

You see, I had just died in a firefight at NWAF before the restart. I rejoined after restart and had a few coastal spawns, slowly looking for basic stuff before falling off a building. I respawned at Pulkovo and turned a little to my left and saw your car there. It was like a godsend. Couldn't believe my luck.

I literally spawned next to your car and took it. Didn't even consider the fact that someone might not have logged in yet. It was about 10 mins after restart so you really should have logged back on to claim it by then.

I apologize for taking your car, I didn't even know it was stealing. I spawned, took the car and thought nothing more of it. I kinda thought it was just a stashed car that I happened to come across. Sorry :(

Terra crashed it a few minutes later. Blame her.

Well, atleast your honest about it.

We aren't mad, but please think about it a bit better next time you see a car just after the server restart, because we were working on it for a long time because it missed two wheels. :P

If you remember the location please PM me it so we can try to fix it :)

- MM

Mark as solved please

Mush    2

Marking as solved. Glad it was sorted between the two parties. :)