Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phalix

The Three Stages of a Firefight.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

THE INITIATION

It sorta sounds like this;

[video=youtube]

At this point, the initiation started, and everyone on both sides just lights up everything moving.

It's pretty clear you don't want to be near that at ALL. Thus- you should stay AS FAR AWAY as possible unless you plan on intervening(not recommended).

The shots are flying everywhich way and its a clear firefight.

THE "PICKING OFF"

sounds a bit like:

[video=youtube]

This is when there are a few people remaining on one side(or both) and it becomes a slow shooting target with a lot of movement and typically ends in a flanking war. they may be anywhere from 1-4 people left on one side when this stage happens. Again, if you hear shots, especially right after the initiation stage, don't go running.

THE "GEAR WAITING"

and again, it sounds a bit like;

[video=youtube]

If you hear dead silence right after the previous stages(and the occasional shot or two), wait AT LEAST 15-20 minutes before approaching the area, and dont go straight for the gear.

If a working car is still there- leave. Wait it out, if it looks abandoned and there is a shitton of nice gear/cars everwhere- don't go over there.

So this is my quick little guide of firefight stages for the civs.

Any feedback?

Who knows, this may help them understand when NOT to run in and get KoS'd by some batty and ticky soldier.

Note: replys like "maybe if you id the target you would be fine" arnt really appreciated, we know. This is about when and when not to enter an area.

GeNeXBeasta    0

This thread will help civs alot felix.

If they pay attention, if not it will be the same old and then they will complain about KoS'd in a firefight.

Also liking the sound affects you have posted makes the guide a whole lot better!

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Ugh, I hate those scrubs who purposely run into a firefight to get gear or 'to look', knowing that they're protected by the rules.

Wunsleh    10

an addition perhaps. the cricket stage can be the start of another stage 1. It all depends on positioning.

if one guy spots another, blasts him and then he himself gets fired at. It can restart an entire fight

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

an addition perhaps. the cricket stage can be the start of another stage 1. It all depends on positioning.

if one guy spots another, blasts him and then he himself gets fired at. It can restart an entire fight

Recycle001.svg

Sin    127

Excellent guide. I nominate for

wordpress-sticky-post.jpg

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

i feel special

Ancalagon    0

Good job with the guide man ^^ really like the first vid

And as you said, wait AT LEAST 15-20 minutes, read several times already that people said there weren't any gunshots for 5 minutes, that means nothing ^^ Except that fact that both sides don't see eachother atm.

Firefight-zones are dangerous and both sides are in a very tense situation ^^ It's good when people know what to do so they don't find themself cought up between both sides.

Such Situations are always very exciting, i know this by myself, still: Try to observe from a certain distance, maybe with binocs instead of a Scoped weapon ^^

What you might want to add... knowingly entering the firefight-zone to steal loot from the body could end up with some bullets from the mate of the looted guy (If i'm not mistaken, don't find it in the Serverrules but i believe it was like that, wasn't it?)

Ego    1

This is why I hate DayZ combat, its all about hiding under glitchy trees with some kind of sniper or LMG waiting for the enemy to run past...thats about it. Ill stick to real ARMA for fun PvP :P

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

This is why I hate DayZ combat, its all about hiding under glitchy trees with some kind of sniper or LMG waiting for the enemy to run past...thats about it. Ill stick to real ARMA for fun PvP :P

This really doesn't have to with the guide a all, but I think I get what you're going a.

The last stage normally is someone under a tree taking potshots.

Ego    1

This really doesn't have to with the guide a all, but I think I get what you're going a.

Its both stage 2 and 3 :P Its just run around each other in the trees and hiding, i'd rather a full scale battle instead of running from pine tree to pine tree using it as the glitchy cover it is

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Its both stage 2 and 3 :P Its just run around each other in the trees and hiding, i'd rather a full scale battle instead of running from pine tree to pine tree using it as the glitchy cover it is

Has never had this happen to me.

Stone walls are typically what I use.

But again, some people get desperate in firefights.

Ego    1

Has never had this happen to me.

Stone walls are typically what I use.

But again, some people get desperate in firefights.

I prefer urban combat in Arma, but thats never a thing in DayZ because Rocket made zombies spawn in every last building ever placed -.-

Conor    254

Ugh, I hate those scrubs who purposely run into a firefight to get gear or 'to look', knowing that they're protected by the rules.

The ones that then moan and report when they get shot for running around staring at people with binoculars claiming 'they were just investigating'?

Yeah, I hate them too xD

Very nice guide though dude! :D

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

This guide straight up took 2 minutes to make(most of it spent on finding decent videos).

Tortov    0

You missed the report writing stage, other than that pretty accurate.

Snow    1

This guide straight up took 2 minutes to make(most of it spent on finding decent videos).

That's efficiency right there

Dottastic    0

Actually for the next few days you waste your time on the fourms in the report section after a firefight. So that's probably the next, longest stage.

Nihoolious    1248

Actually for the next few days you waste your time on the fourms in the report section after a firefight. So that's probably the next, longest stage.

Then you get banned and have to make a ban appeal which takes another week.

Also something to add. Sideffects of firefights include butthurtness, OOC hate, loss of will to play and the destruction of your keyboard.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Well, since the large majority of PvPers are gear whores, that is what is going to happen.

The main reason vanilla Arma and other variants are fun for PvP is simply because in most game modes you can re spawn with decent gear. In DayZ its all or nothing, if you die you lose it all and have to start again. So most resort to tree camping, just waiting for the opposition to break cover.

As for your mention of urban warfare on another psot in this thread, you mean in Chernarus? The map sucks for urban fights, the reason most tree camp is mainly due to the vast majority of the map being trees. Arma 3 Altis is where its at for urban warfare.

Septimus    23

Really nice and accurate thread, thumbs up on this man. I also nominate this thread as a sticky.

Akbar    0

Nice guide Felix, hope you get your message out!

phyrox    0

You missed the report writing stage, other than that pretty accurate.

this^ :D

Besphynx    0

The Stages of the FireFight ISOA just had.

1) Us getting initiated on e.g. guy gets chloroformed

2) I run over my own man, SOWWY SCARESCROW, MY NAME IS NATHAN

3) Go all YOLO Swag 4/20 Blaze and kill 3.

4) Almost kill my own leader

5) Rest up and count our kills

6) Get initiated on by 2 other clans

7) Rinse and repeat (Apart from the bike bit but I did almost kill another Teammate, again.)

Yuval    2

usually before the initiation it's pretty clear whats about to go down, so before step one in this guide should be intel gathering or something like this, where both parties gather as much info possible, weapons positions and numbers as they can before initiating or being initiated on.

Sign in to follow this