Server time: 2018-09-22, 21:43

Sign in to follow this  
Red

+1 function on the forums.

Do you want to see this?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not for a +1 system because we had it in another community and it was terrible.

Everyone always made posts to essentially "fish for likes" and decreased the quality of a lot of threads. I think its fine with people just saying "+1" on the thread I mean it doesn't cause a massive problem does it?

Maybe as Hofer said if it wasn't visible it might work but then how would you know if someone agreed with you or not?

Allthough it shouldn't be a visible "stat" on your profile, because then people would work their ass off to get as many +1 as possible.

This is how I feel about it,I think only the staff should be able to see the +1 stat as it could have some use to them, this may take away a little from the community contributions Award threads imo

Not a good idea, and I say this in every suggestion thread like this one (you're not the first :P):

You know what it will be used for? I see someone saying something that is in my eyes really stupid. Luckily I'm this cool and witty guy so in my cool and witty way I'll make fun of him. Then all my cool friends will +1 my post because I'm so goddamn hilarious.

Sure, it will also be used like you hope it will, but there will be a lot of friends +1ing "cool" shit "cool" people say. I doubt it will improve the forums at all. Even if it would only be used like you say it would, what's the point? People are only gonna be whoring these +1s.

I think that this community is better than that. We don't need a like system. There are a lot of smart people here and they should be encouraged to say their own thing.

+ 1 I agree

Not a good idea, and I say this in every suggestion thread like this one (you're not the first :P):

You know what it will be used for? I see someone saying something that is in my eyes really stupid. Luckily I'm this cool and witty guy so in my cool and witty way I'll make fun of him. Then all my cool friends will +1 my post because I'm so goddamn hilarious.

Sure, it will also be used like you hope it will, but there will be a lot of friends +1ing "cool" shit "cool" people say. I doubt it will improve the forums at all. Even if it would only be used like you say it would, what's the point? People are only gonna be whoring these +1s.

I think that this community is better than that. We don't need a like system. There are a lot of smart people here and they should be encouraged to say their own thing.

+ 1 I agree

CAPbFpv.gif

Guest John Le Bear

Maybe.

Well in that case then:

fbz_adf2ab7bf1cc979f8634fa14ea6cb7c9.jpg

/close ?

Nope, this thread is staying open as it appears peoples opinions vary and its opened a nice discussion.

In all honesty, I don't think it will happen anyway, the "This isn't Facebook or Reddit" argument is strong.

Guest Alfie

+1 I agree. :D

but i'd actually like something like this, it doesn't have to be a "+1", just something where you can backup someone's statement without having to post.

Will be added later today :troll:

+1 to that :troll:

Hue.