Server time: 2017-08-17, 19:13

Sign in to follow this  
Sir Doctor

Dearest Darling

Sir Doctor    3

*You find a pile of sealed envelopes amidst the wreakage of a letterbox, you open a envelope at random and find a letter inside.*

[mp3]http://puu.sh/8XlC4.mp3[/mp3]

Dearest Darling,

I know times have been, well, not easy, but we will pull through. I can’t lie; the red river and the toxic air are starting to nag at my innards. No matter how much blood I see, I still think of you, of what you said.

“It’s going to be all right, love. They’ll lose their appetite eventually.”

That piece of hope still ensnares me. I do hope you are doing well, though. Everything is growing darker day by day. We are prohibited to go outside anymore. Too dangerous. But I still sneak my way to the mailbox. For you.

After awhile I stopped receiving letters from you. No worry, I have confidence your letters will reach me in due time.

Darling, I can’t lie, I’m growing more frightened every day. All the moaning coming from outside of our windows, I don’t dare look out. Last time I stole a glance I saw… it shouldn’t even be uttered. I witnessed a baby’s corpse being dragged by his mother who was limping severely and vomiting so many fluids. Everyone else here is scared here too. But I keep reminding them, “They’ll lose their appetite eventually”

Darling, when is eventually?

With great love throughout the grey in this damned world,

Georgia.

Snow    1

Damn. That's pretty good/saddening. The music fits real well too.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Nice and elegant, greatly enjoyed the short read. Can't wait for more.

Sir Doctor    3

Damn. That's pretty good/saddening. The music fits real well too.

Thanks Jack <3 Yeah, props to Carib for convincing me to use music.

Nice and elegant, greatly enjoyed the short read. Can't wait for more.

Cheers Nathan :) I have a lot of these lined up :)

Good story also what is the name of the music?

Cheers, song is called "Quinn's Song: A New Man"

When you first asked me to help you, I was all like, "Yeah man, haha, [email protected]!"

I liked the idea and the format you sent me, and I almost wasn't even needed. (Except for the MP3 file, get a Puush doc') I will say this, continue to write, even when you feel discouraged on it.

Then you told me the meaning, the deeper meaning behind the letter, and my eyes almost felt a little teary eyed. I won't say anything about it because you haven't said so on the thread, but behind the silly doc is a true friend, someone I like to say that I can call you a friend.

Jesus. That was really chilling :D What Carib said made me intrigued in what is too come. Continue this please, I need to know more about your character!

Sir Doctor    3

*You open another envelope, pulling out the letter within*

[mp3]http://puu.sh/906yN.mp3[/mp3]

Dearest Darling,

Are you still safe? I worry for you and I just want to know you’re safe.

Last night they found three more bodies floating in the fountain in our town’s square. It’s this bloody virus. The cemeteries are off limits and they will not tell us why.

Oh, Darling, you are safe right? I just want to know you’re safe. I am constantly worrying for your safety and that you can come home. For the past three weeks a family of four has been living with me. They told me about this man who has died for us a long time ago. This family calls him Jesus. This family isn’t afraid, they’re confident and courageous. I do not understand this faith that this family has brought into our house.

I don’t believe them when they tell me that this dead man has died for us so long ago. He doesn’t know us; I’ve never met him. This family is so sure that this dead man will save us all from this unknown abhorrent plight.

I believe that we may burn here. Darling, I’m afraid we are all going to die. I can no longer sleep. The screaming coming from outside makes me shiver in our bed. Please, write back soon. I desperately miss you.

With all my shaken love,

Georgia

Snow    1

Going to be writing a third one at some point? I'd hate to see you abandon it.

Sir Doctor    3

Going to be writing a third one at some point? I'd hate to see you abandon it.

I've written 12 letters/stories as of yet.

I'm just having trouble finding some fitting music. So ... Soon

Ashley    0

"Darling" must finish these letters from Georgia ... yes?

The feeling of separation is really heart wrenching!

Do continue ...

Sir Doctor    3

*Some days have past since you last opened one of the envelopes. As you warm yourself by the fire you pull out an envelope, slide a knife through the top and pull out the letter inside*

[mp3]http://puu.sh/9blHE/cf5475422d.mp3[/mp3]

Dearest Darling,

As fall rolls into winter you have still yet to return home. I don't dare start a fire to warm our house because I don't want any of them knowing that I'm still alive. These sick people I don't consider human beings anymore. It must have been only a dream, but I saw a man eating a severed arm.

Darling, tell me everything is going to be all right. I'm afraid that they aren't going to lose their appetites.

And this family that has been in our home for over a month now is constantly thanking that dead man, Jesus. What is there to be thankful for? They are unlike anyone I have ever seen, and I think they are beginning to grow on me. Sometimes I still fantasize about the children's meaty flavour with nice, rich grey; but I cannot send them away.

This morning an enormous rapt was coming from the front door. The father woke up and went to assess the situation. The mother, children, and I listened from our bedroom upstairs. When the father creaked the door open the most disgusting noise came from the unexpected visitor. It was as if he was snorting and coughing all at once. The father raised the shotgun he had brought to the door and pulled the trigger. We had the children's ears plugged long before.

I cried into the mother's arms for hours; I was so embarrassed but I was so deeply terrified.

Darling, what is going to happen to all of us?

Please, write back as soon as you receive this letter,

Georgia.

Snow    1

Getting more intense now, can't wait to see the next one.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

These are really good Dogster/doctor (I don't know what to call you now :D)

I like that it is structure of the story (reading a letter) it's also as Snow said getting more intense.

I also can't wait for the next passage. Good job

I don't know why this bothers me, but why do you write 'The Mothers' and 'The Fathers' instead of 'mother' or 'father'? Is it something to with the character, or maybe the way the letter is written?

Sir Doctor    3

I don't know why this bothers me, but why do you write 'The Mothers' and 'The Fathers' instead of 'mother' or 'father'? Is it something to with the character, or maybe the way the letter is written?

I'm not sure where your coming from?

The family living with her aren't related to her. They're not her mother or father? :3

I'm not sure where your coming from?

The family living with her aren't related to her. They're not her mother or father? :3

Oh... oh! Now it makes sense.

Sir Doctor    3

*You slide your hunting knife through the top of another envelope and unfold the letter within*

[mp3]http://puu.sh/9hjzs/80a8212b0a.mp3[/mp3]

Dearest Darling,

Since the hope of Isaac ever returning is diminishing, my hope of your returning home has been diminishing as well. When I saw that rusted orchid I kissed your envelope and remembered that blissful day on the lake. We were so young and so in love. No danger had consumed us, nothing tragic had reached us. You looked into my eyes and said you loved me. I could never explain my love for you. It's too complex and so right. You told me you would never leave me; never, Darling. I held onto that and have still not let go. I know you're still here at home. Every night you wrap me in your arms and kiss me softly. Every night I listen to your breathing. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. My lullaby that helps me sleep, even when I can't close my eyes because of all the tears.

Then I wake up. Every morning I stretch my arm to your side of the bed to feel your strength. Every morning I fell nothing, no arm, no strength; just an outstretched arm clutching the blanket that encases me. I wish we could go back to that day on the lake. How I imagine you holding my hand with so much pride. That memory reminds me that everyone was safe before all of this chaos and mayhem.

Darling, I don't think I can make it if you aren't here with me. We were so young, weren't we? I wish we could go back, but I look out the window and see blood staining everything.

The blood stains my eyes and my heart. So much blood.

I hope you can remember us when we were young.

Georgia.

Snow    1

These not being in order is going to get really confusing. Also, them emotions.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Confusing but cleverly done

Confusing but cleverly done

That's the purpose of journals and letters, isn't it? We're not sopposed to know what's happening, just the emotion. :D

These only get better, and actually rather poetic to at times, but it's not so complex which is good. By that I mean you don't use humongous words to make the thing look, uh, cool.

Sir Doctor    3

*You take an unopened envelope from the safe place you've been keeping them and careful open the top of the envelope, pulling out an envelope and a worn photograph of a beautiful woman.*

3fb40190e7.jpg

[mp3]http://puu.sh/9yKBY/3cea2a395c.mp3[/mp3]

Dearest Darling,

I hope this picture will remind you of when we were young and full of affection and joy.

I can't imagine things going at all well for you over there. Are conditions as unfavourable as they are here? Dead people strewn about everywhere, limbs and heads discarded all over our front lawn. The carrion is so putrid they are killing the weeds. The father shot down the fifth abnormal creature this afternoon. Their little daughter is becoming more anxious by the second. No child should be subject to watching her wounded mother or murderous father.

Lately, she has been asking me to read to her from the Bible. Her favourite story from this Bible is the book of Esther. It truly is quite a remarkable story about a young woman full of strength and courage. I wish I were more like Esther. She protected her people. I have discovered how weak I am, but learning more about this God gives me a strange sense of faith, of hope.

Yet, I am still unsure if I believe. This Jesus man is still very conspicuous to me.

As for the mother, her wound on her shoulder has grown in size since the attack. Blood and other bodily fluids ooze out of the gash unceasingly. Her skin is still so pale. Darling, I'm not sure she is going to make it. I continue to treat her and provide food and plenty of clean water. The father continues to prove his mettle in protecting all of us from those beasts. He knows he can't lose another one of his family. He always tells me that this is all going to work for the Lord's glory.

What good can come out of this? What is happening to us all?

Don not forget: I love you. Always.

Georgia.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Wow that was really good Doctor/Dogster

I like the way your character (the character) refers to the family he is living with as 'the father' and 'the mother' for some reason it reads better than using names :)

Keep up the good work

Sign in to follow this