Mathematics

U.S. Modern Military Skins

Add these skins?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Add these skins?

• All my wants! (Yes)
    • Go die, OP! (Never!)

Mathematics    0

In short, I'd like to see a proper, modern US outfit added to DayZRP and added to Donation Exchange. Specifically, these units: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14295

The HS units are rolled-sleeves, and the non-HS have unrolled sleeves. I prefer the long-sleeved basic units and would like to see them added to the server's skin variety.

^^

--------------

Eh, guess I'll 'argue' my case.

in DayZRP, most of the U.S. skins that are available use gear that could best be described as 'pre-2010', including that of the U.S. Army units from OA. As someone who's looking to join the military by next spring(specifically planning to go Navy EOD, 'cause bombs...), that fact has always bugged me immensely. When I was playing DayZ Epoch before, the lack of proper military skins that actually reflect what remnants of the U.S. Army, Navy, and Marines of the 2012-2014 cycle looked like(gear-wise) always bugged me.

Given that DayZRP has the outbreak occurring in the latter half of 2012, I think it'd make more sense for there to be more modern U.S. outfits and gear made available to run around in. It could also be used to represent the UEF and more militant factions in DZRP.

Even if it's just a single skin from the pack, I'd love seeing it available in DayZRP and it'd fit with my own character's background rather well.

Doc    3

Meh... They seem to tactical to me and wouldn't really fit into a survival environment. I do like the last picture though!

Dave    1

A little too military for my liking

SwiftyPoo    0

Meh... They seem to tactical to me and wouldn't really fit into a survival environment. I do like the last picture though!

Pretty much this.

Hex    31

I've give my two cents.

I love these skins, they are quite beautiful in terms of the shitty stuff that passes as 'good skins' these days. I agree that most of the US based skins are a little old looking, though some do have MARPAD which is rather new in terms of camo. I dont think we really need these as they would be extremely popular with alot of people, which is not a bad thing. The problem comes when groups/individuals use these skins that it doesnt fit into their RP.

Say some random washes up on shore and has this skin, I dont really see how it makes sense, I could really only justify this skin for groups that it applies to the RP for, one that comes to mind is E1 as they kinda give off that vibe to me.

Mathematics    0

I've give my two cents.

I love these skins, they are quite beautiful in terms of the shitty stuff that passes as 'good skins' these days. I agree that most of the US based skins are a little old looking, though some do have MARPAD which is rather new in terms of camo. I dont think we really need these as they would be extremely popular with alot of people, which is not a bad thing. The problem comes when groups/individuals use these skins that it doesnt fit into their RP.

Say some random washes up on shore and has this skin, I dont really see how it makes sense, I could really only justify this skin for groups that it applies to the RP for, one that comes to mind is E1 as they kinda give off that vibe to me.

Yeah, mostly I'd say they'd fit for the U.S.-based military groups, or even a British group if someone redid the emblems on the skins for it. As far as a random goes, it wouldn't make sense most of the time. Still, I just prefer a more modern look. Even if it's only available rarely in-game, made 20 euros in Exchange, or just limited to people playing as UEF for events, I'd be happy just seeing it get some use.

Guest Graphix   
Guest Graphix

More god damn military skins..

no.

Husky    0

More god damn military skins..

no.

Graphix we don't really have a choice, I'm 99% sure Rolle already mentioned that we have pretty much every civilian skin in the donation exchange that is worth adding.

So we're kinda out of options.

Haakon    0

In my opinion there should actually be more civilan skins. In a world full of infected ones there should be next to only civilian clothing. Only large groups should really have use for those skins.

FireMatt    1

As standard for threads that suggest new skins:

We don't have any more civilian skins to add! The vast majority of civilian skins are already in our mod. Both IG and in the donation exchange.

Going on every skin new skin suggestion thread.

Mathematics    0

In my opinion there should actually be more civilan skins. In a world full of infected ones there should be next to only civilian clothing. Only large groups should really have use for those skins.

Unless you know of a good engineer jumpsuit skin, I'm pretty sure what FireMatt posted puts it in perspective.

Guest Zach hunter   
Guest Zach hunter

In my opinion more military skins would be nice, there's is some but non of them are like Americas and the uks

Valkerion    0

In my opinion more military skins would be nice, there's is some but non of them are like Americas and the uks

I believe the Devs said more UK special forces skins are being added in the new patch for DayZRP

Guest Zach hunter   
Guest Zach hunter

I believe the Devs said more UK special forces skins are being added in the new patch for DayZRP

That's good, close enough to US skins :D

Kellmondo    0

We need more survivor skins, there's too much miltary. Unless there's a legit tactical American military clan... meh

Valkerion    0

We need more survivor skins, there's too much miltary. Unless there's a legit tactical American military clan... meh

Its been stated before there are simply no more survivor or civilian skins left they have all been added.

Kellmondo    0

Its been stated before there are simply no more survivor or civilian skins left they have all been added.

Yeah, unfortunately :'(

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Why the hell not? I don't understand why people say no to skins for whatever reason as long as they're realistic and not covered in rainbow polka dots. My view is there's always gonna be someone who can use it, so if it's possible and doesn't require a lot of effort, why not?

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Why the hell not? I don't understand why people say no to skins for whatever reason as long as they're realistic and not covered in rainbow polka dots. My view is there's always gonna be someone who can use it, so if it's possible and doesn't require a lot of effort, why not?

Completely agree with this statement. A long as the skin fits into the whole scheme of things, works with no known bugs and hasn't been requested by a contributor before, then I see no real reason to work against the addition of the skin.

In the long run, all it adds is diversity into the individuals you meet in-game and more options for yourself to choose when deciding what you want to purchase - for your clan or your personal self.