Server time: 2017-10-18, 20:22
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Dowsey

My name is Jospeh.

Dowsey    0

So I just posted my whitelist application, so I thought I'd introduce myself :)

My name is Dowsey, or Josh if you fancy being on a first name basis! I'm an Australian currently studying Film Production in the United Kingdom.

I have a YT channel if you're interested, had a lot of fun building that up.

Thought I'd post my Character's back story for any of those who like's reading essays, I had a lot of fun developing the character, and can't wait to get into the game! :D

--

My name is Joseph Williams. I am a 20yr Australian, currently studying abroad in the United Kingdom. I have always had a fascination in Zombies. As a kid, I watched 'Night of the Living Dead', and I was in awe. The idea of zombies being real was something I fantasied about, but more than that, the fantasy of surviving a Zombie Apocalypse.

I spent so many hours as a teenage writing up stories of people surviving in a Zombie infested world. I would post these to my online Blog, which gained a decent following. In 2010, I started a YouTube channel to combine with my vlog. I called it 'ZombieRantZ', or 'ZRZ' for short. I would post video after video of me criticising and ranting about movies, books and games for their portrayal of zombies.

Over the years, my channel grew immensely. In 2011, I hit 50,000 subscribers, and in 2012, I had hit 500,000. Because of my channel's popularity, I was able to earn a decent income from it. This allowed me to up the quality of my videos. I started posting zombie pranks on the public; I videos on possible zombie scenarios in nature, such as the studying the

, or even traveled to America when the Bath Salt incidents happened.

Then, in the summer of 2012, I heard stories about a hunter in Chernarus who was bitten, and then attacked the medical staff in a hospital. The story was circulating the blogging world like crazy, so I recorded a video on my thoughts, and told my viewers I would travel to Chernarus to investigate and vlog my findings! I booked tickets for myself and my best friend Jamie, who helps me film my videos.

On what is known as Day 3, I arrived in Chernarus at the Balota airfield. As I was hopping off of the plane, I saw a military camp being erected right next to the airfield. At that moment, my heart skipped a beat, as I realised that maybe this wasn't a Bath Salt incident after all. I jumped on my smartphone and found rumours of incidents happening over in Zelenogorsk, Sosnovka, and Drozhino. So Jamie and I hired a jeep and travelled over to Drozhino. As we were approaching, we saw smoke coming from the town. Not wanting to get too close, we stopped on a hill nearby and setup the camera. I recorded a vlog with the smoke in the background. We finished recording, and headed back towards Chernogorsk (which was where we were staying). On our way back, we saw military convoy heading in the direction of Drozhino. Jamie and I exchanged a worried look, and drove as fast as we could back to Chernogorsk.

On Day 4, we got up early to plan where we would go. I read reports that there was a lot happening in Kozlovka, so we prepared ourselves and headed up there. Whilst in America, I had found these “Press Vests”, which when wore allowed us to go pretty much wherever we wanted. People were more likely to feel comfortable when we were wearing them, so I had brought them to Chernarus. We arrived in Kozlovka at 11am. When we arrived, we were rushed into a barn East of the town. The people of Kozlovka had come to the barn to protect themselves from the attacks.

They had Militia guarding doors and windows. Every now and again, a zombie like person would walk towards the barn, only to be met with bullets. A table in the middle of the barn had radios and maps on it. Apparently the people of Kozlovoka were in contact with the media and the military. We were taken to a corner of the barn, where we were given a rifle and a pistol, and told how to use them. Jamie and I were then given a window to guard.

We held our window for an hour, but we decided we needed to get out. Our jeep was 50M away from our window, so we made a run for it. The zombies immediately turned their attention to us. They moved extremely quickly, quicker than I’ve ever seen someone run before. I shot them down, and we jumped into the jeep. We drove off. When we arrived back in Chernogorsk, we saw on the news that Kozlovoka had fallen.

Day 5 was spent in our hotel accommodation in Chernogorsk, editing all of the footage that Jamie had filmed. We had about 4 solid hours of footage, showing almost everything that happened in Kozlovka before we abandoned it. I wanted to get some videos edited up as quickly as possible, so that we could head back home the day after.

On Day 6, we try to head to the Balota airfield to get on our flight, but are stopped by a roadblock. We’re told that all flights are grounded, and we’ll not be getting on any planes. We head back to Chernogorsk, and start panicking.

On Day 7, we woke up to chaos. People were in the streets fleeing, zombies were attacking people. We needed to get out of Chernogorsk. Jamie and I headed to the carpark and got into our Jeep. We drove out into the streets, which were a nightmare to drive through. People would get out of the way, but zombies wouldn’t. We ended up having to just drive over anything in our way. Just as we reached the outskirts of the city, we passed another military convoy, which pulled us over. They start questioning us about the situation. A zombie breaks cover and lunges itself Jamie. It starts biting his arms. I react by pushing the zombie off of Jamie, only to be bitten in the leg. The military finally shoot it, but they see we’ve been bit and begin to worry. Someone calls out that they need to kill us before we turn.

A medic steps out and tells everyone to stand down. He explains that we could be extremely useful, as they can collect samples of the virus from. We’re handcuffed, and taken to a military compound outside of Elektrozavodsk. We’re locked into separate glass rooms, so that we can be observed the whole time. About 6hrs pass before Jamie starts crying out in pain. He collapses against the wall that links our rooms. He looks into my eyes, and then falls to the ground. His body starts twitching and shaking as if he was having a fit. About a minute of this happens before he stands up again, however he is not the same. He turns and sees me. He runs at me, only to run straight into the glass wall and bounce backwards. The military personnel in the room run over to a console and press a button which sets the room on fire. After a minute of fire, it’s turned off. Jamie had been turned into ashes.

Another 4 hours passed, and still nothing happened. The medical staff took a blood sample, found that despite my bite; there were no traces of the virus. They concluded that my blood type must be immune to the virus, and that I was to be let free. I was taken to a sleeping area, given a bed and suitcase, and told that first thing in the morning I’d be given military training.

On Day 8, I was woken up at the crack of dawn. I was given a standard military kit. A backpack, survival kit, sleeping bag, knife, radio and a gun. I was taken to a shooting range where I was taught how to use, and maintain my weapon. I spent the whole day shooting targets, and improving my aim. I went back to my bed, where I had hidden my camera. I recorded a short vlog of my current situation.

On Day 9, I wake up to alarms. I collect all of my gear, and head out, to find that the base is being overrun by zombies. I decide to make a break for it, heading straight up into the forest next to the military base. I ran up into the forest, trying to make as much distance between myself and the military camp. I hear a rustling behind me, and see that a zombie is tracking me. I keep on running, until I hit a cliff about 6m tall. I see the zombie rushing me, pull out my gun and shoot it 5 times in the body. It falls onto me dead, making me jump back. I lose my footing and fall over the cliff into a tree. The tree breaks most of my fall, but I land heavily and am knocked unconscious.

The day is unknown; I wake up covered in leaves. My backpack and weapon is missing, and I have no clue where I am. I still have my camera, and look over the footage to try and gain clues. The sun is setting and I decide I need to try and find shelter if I’m going to survive. I head deeper into the forest.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Well forgive me but I didn't manage to read through all of that as I was a wall of text :P

But anyway welcome to the community make sure you read the rules and good luck with your whitelist app

Any questions feel free to drop me a PM brah

Dowsey    0

Well forgive me but I didn't manage to read through all of that as I was a wall of text :P

But anyway welcome to the community make sure you read the rules and good luck with your whitelist app

Lol no worries, I just thought I'd post my character's back story as I had a lot of fun creating it :)

Read the rules and all that jazz, now reading the forums to get a feel for the community :)

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Lol no worries, I just thought I'd post my character's back story as I had a lot of fun creating it :)

Read the rules and all that jazz, now reading the forums to get a feel for the community :)

Yeh man remember to post on other things than this so got account doesn't get deleted.

Hop into the teamspeak and meet people also fun way to pass the time until your playing :)

See you out there

Guest TrueChang   
Guest TrueChang

Dude trust me read the ban's. It's a great way to not get band. I would say that out of the time i have spent on the forums that 80% has been spent reding (lauging) at the bans.

Dowsey    0

Dude trust me read the ban's. It's a great way to not get band. I would say that out of the time i have spent on the forums that 80% has been spent reding (lauging) at the bans.

Ahah, already have been reading through them. It looks like it's pretty easy to do something against the rules, so reading through the bans has been useful.

Am also enjoying reading the formal reports. Real great ways to familiarise yourself with the server and it's rules :)

Guest TrueChang   
Guest TrueChang

Ahah, already have been reading through them. It looks like it's pretty easy to do something against the rules, so reading through the bans has been useful.

Am also enjoying reading the formal reports. Real great ways to familiarise yourself with the server and it's rules :)

Yeah it helps alot. Hope you have fun non the less.