Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:19
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Hex

Skin suggestions ( With video )

Hex    31

Alrighty, here is my like...third attempt to toss some cool skins/guns/cars at DayZRP, I doubt any of it will actually stick, but this time I've got some pretty damn good ones with video so people can actually get a in-game look at them.....enjoy.

Police pack

Here is a single skin pack where it gives a believable, yet not over the top police outfit that wouldn't be to out of place in a Russian block country.

----

Multicam military units

A few military units that seem to be a mix of PMC units and actually military units, its pushing the edge but some more well equipped units would have such gear, especially american units.

----

Another Police type unit

Another pretty believable police type unit with a cool camo scheme.

----

Smoking in DayZRP!?

Yes, this addon gives the ability to put a cigarette in your characters mouth....not a massive thing, but a fun RP element that I think people would enjoy.

----

New PMC males

A new PMC pack with about 5 or so skins, 3 of which are pretty much the only good ones ( The ones with the baseball hats on )

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

----

Female PMC

This is one I suggested before, it gives a....model....to people that wanna look like this....To be fair, I thought this one would be good, but once I loaded it up in the editor....dear god.... Maybe someone can fix the fucking face....

[video=youtube]

----

Tanya! the best female skin

Another female skin I've suggested and by far one of the best. It offers 4 different skins, black, a more marine camo, green and tan.

[video=youtube]

----

Now for some REALLY good ones.... THESE ARE JUST JOKES, IM NOT SERIOUS ABOUT ADDING THESE TWO.

COOOOBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Yeah....cobra units? do it, you know you want to and you will be guilty for the rest of your life if you dont.

----

Alright....so you thought that last one was bonkers? well look at this....

What the fuck....?

So yeah....giant robots....I wonder what the CTC would trade for that....hmmmm.....

[video=youtube]

-----

I hope you all enjoyed it all, to bad it wont make it into the mod, so effectively im teasing the shit out of you....I had fun then.

Sly    1

The first skins are decent and more female skins are always great.

The Cobra link just comes up as 404.

Hopefully you are joking about the giant robots, that part makes this suggestion feel very.. Well it makes me wonder if you are serious at all when in comes to keeping the lore in dayzrp.

These things dont even exist in real life so how could the CTC get a hold of them?

SatansNightOut    105

I suggested the Tanya skin before, but I agree with others that it's kind of ugly. However, that female PMC skin is actually pretty cool.

Daryl Dixon    0

I think the first police link is too western, However the second one is what I would expect to see. I also like the female PMC skins they are pretty well done.

Dave    1

I like most of them, I don't like the third one and obviously the robot one.

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

Alrighty, here is my like...third attempt to toss some cool skins/guns/cars at DayZRP, I doubt any of it will actually stick, but this time I've got some pretty damn good ones with video so people can actually get a in-game look at them.....enjoy.

Police pack

Here is a single skin pack where it gives a believable, yet not over the top police outfit that wouldn't be to out of place in a Russian block country.

---- No from me it doesn't fit the lore. Why would american police be in Chernarus?

Multicam military units

A few military units that seem to be a mix of PMC units and actually military units, its pushing the edge but some more well equipped units would have such gear, especially american units.

---- I think the skins are ugly so its a -1 from me

Another Police type unit

Another pretty believable police type unit with a cool camo scheme.

---- These are ok, the skins are kinda weird but they are okay.

Smoking in DayZRP!?

Yes, this addon gives the ability to put a cigarette in your characters mouth....not a massive thing, but a fun RP element that I think people would enjoy.

---- There is already a pack of cigarettes in RP and the smoking animation should be in the animation menu which is coming soon. no need.

New PMC males

A new PMC pack with about 5 or so skins, 3 of which are pretty much the only good ones ( The ones with the baseball hats on )

---- These may already be in if they are not and there is nothing wrong with them then, great +1 from me. I think i have seen these in the RP files though.

Female PMC

This is one I suggested before, it gives a....model....to people that wanna look like this....To be fair, I thought this one would be good, but once I loaded it up in the editor....dear god.... Maybe someone can fix the fucking face....

---- same as above ^

Tanya! the best female skin

Another female skin I've suggested and by far one of the best. It offers 4 different skins, black, a more marine camo, green and tan.

---- I really do not like this skin, I think its really ugly and the face is pointed so it looks kinda weird -1 from me, sorry.

Now for some REALLY good ones....

COOOOBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Yeah....cobra units? do it, you know you want to and you will be guilty for the rest of your life if you dont.

---- Funny :/

Alright....so you thought that last one was bonkers? well look at this....

What the fuck....?

So yeah....giant robots....I wonder what the CTC would trade for that....hmmmm.....

----- I'm sure Valkerion would love these in RP.

I hope you all enjoyed it all, to bad it wont make it into the mod, so effectively im teasing the shit out of you....I had fun then.

Over all -1 unless those PMC skins work and are not already in the RP mod.

-edit-

Both PMC skins are dodgy, the male skins flicker though a texture when moving sometimes, and the female skin in my opinion is way too skinny and that face though.

Hex    31

Yeah, the robot and the cobra stuff was just a joke, I thought it was just silly that people even made the mod for them.

As for the female PMC, i thought it would be ok, but the model is really messed up, its impossibly skinny and the face is messed up. Overall I think they should add the Tanya skin in.

Valkerion    0

----- I'm sure Valkerion would love these in RP.

I actually wouldn't they are horrible :P

But i think the PMC contractors should be in as well as the female PMC they seem fine to me they look like a normal man or woman has just found a few bits and pieces and used them basically.

Also the sahrani police seem alright-ish aswell i suppose they seem to be sporting some sort of Russian camouflage pattern so i suppose it isnt absurd they could be around

Guest Graphix   
Guest Graphix

I think the PMC skins look a bit too burly for post-apocolyptic survivors.

The smoking thing seems pretty cool, and could definitely add to the RP.

I don't see why there would be German police officers in Chernarus, let alone Sahrani police officers.

Hex    31

I think the PMC skins look a bit too burly for post-apocolyptic survivors.

The smoking thing seems pretty cool, and could definitely add to the RP.

I don't see why there would be German police officers in Chernarus, let alone Sahrani police officers.

While its not perfect, it does give some different and more casual styled skins to people instead of the terrible civ skins or say, the current PMC skins. its just more options.

Tim    0

The smoking Addon looks very cool, but the others too, all but the Robots :), but I think, that´s a joke.

10Lives    2

I believe smoking has been suggested before but I'm liking the skins as it adds more variety to the "female" players there.

FireMatt    1

And as standard for threads that suggest new skins:

We don't have any more civilian skins to add! The vast majority of civilian skins are already in our mod. Both IG and in the donation exchange.

Anyway. The Tanya skin looks decent and I believe the face is changeable. The hair is a little strange but not everything can be perfect.

Both the PMC packs are not really needed. Even if they were if they're glitchy like others say then there's no point in adding them.

The police packs look ok but to me they look 'off' if placed in Chernarus. I can see the appeal but I don't fully support them.

The Multicam pack doesn't really add much more. They look kinda like the mercenary skins we have already.

The cigarette is something that is probably best to just RP out. It would be pretty awkward to just go about with a cigarette in your mouth, talking to people as the cigarette sticks to your lip.

Overall, +1 to the Tanya pack. Not so much to the rest.

Hex    31

And as standard for threads that suggest new skins:

We don't have any more civilian skins to add! The vast majority of civilian skins are already in our mod. Both IG and in the donation exchange.

Anyway. The Tanya skin looks decent and I believe the face is changeable. The hair is a little strange but not everything can be perfect.

Both the PMC packs are not really needed. Even if they were if they're glitchy like others say then there's no point in adding them.

The police packs look ok but to me they look 'off' if placed in Chernarus. I can see the appeal but I don't fully support them.

The Multicam pack doesn't really add much more. They look kinda like the mercenary skins we have already.

The cigarette is something that is probably best to just RP out. It would be pretty awkward to just go about with a cigarette in your mouth, talking to people as the cigarette sticks to your lip.

Overall, +1 to the Tanya pack. Not so much to the rest.

Yeah, overall I'm pretty much on a crusade to get the 4 varients of the Tanya skin added to DayZRP because by far that is the best female model in arma 2, though some/all are getting by with using the female face on certain male skins.