Server time: 2017-11-19, 14:16

Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheDirtyPianoman

Group questions

Question

Guest TheDirtyPianoman

Would it be "racist" if I were to make the CSA (Confederate States of America)? My friends said that it would be "racist" because the CSA believed in slavery, this doesn't mean it would be racist in my opinion. I know the CSA in real life were a bunch of slave supporters or what not, but that's not all they believed in, that's just something. My friends keep telling me it is racist, but I don't agree at all. Please give your opinion.

7 answers to this question

In my opinion I don't think it's any different then and of the russian or chernorussian clans. Just don't focus so heavily on the slavery aspect, and if you are doing that sort of thing, don't only subject one race or type of people to it. If it is a confederate type group, you would assume they would hate anyone who isn't American.

A few groups do take part in slavery acts however, they do not enslave specific people based on ethnicity, religion, race and other factors.

Do not take people hostage (and as a slave) based on any of the above (and use your common sense when doing so, don't be offensive).

Take hostages, but please, don't do it based on the above.

Anymore questions?

SDS have had slaves before, so it's not an unheard of thing in RP. Honestly, I really don't see how you would tie in the CSA into a post-infection plotline. CSA died in 1865 and that was the end of it. I mean, there are probably a few southerners who still support their cause, but why would some group take it's name in Chenarus? Is it racist? no. However, I would really focus on how to make this idea feasible in the RP universe. IDK if you just want this to be a group of friends with similar stories or an actual group. If it's an actual group, you will need a lot more forum posts.

Also I think you neef a minimum amount of posts before you make a clan. ( not sure on the number ). After that you can do it.

Guest TheDirtyPianoman

In my opinion I don't think it's any different then and of the russian or chernorussian clans. Just don't focus so heavily on the slavery aspect, and if you are doing that sort of thing, don't only subject one race or type of people to it. If it is a confederate type group, you would assume they would hate anyone who isn't American.

I wont focus on slavery at all

Also I think you neef a minimum amount of posts before you make a clan. ( not sure on the number ). After that you can do it.

I have friends who can make the group, Its just I was seeing if it were ok.

Anymore questions? :)

Guest TheDirtyPianoman

Anymore questions? :)

No, Thank you anyway :)