Server time: 2017-08-18, 21:54

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phalix

Involving good samaritan?

Question

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

If I initiate and hold a hostile hostage(like one of our enemies, MDR, Volki, etc.) and a random civvie runs up and tries to Good Samaritan, does that give me Los rights on the person held hostage?

Because as I see it, they need to make sure the hostage' slide isn't in danger when doing Good Samaritan acts. So if he shoots at me, and one of my guys kills him, can I then kill the hostage?

17 answers to this question

Yeh, as soon as a rescue is attempted you can kill the hostage.

They changed the rules on that recently. "The victim(s) may only be killed by the bandits if they do not comply or if they pose a direct threat to them."

Reptile449    0

Yeh, as soon as a rescue is attempted you can kill the hostage.

They changed the rules on that recently. "The victim(s) may only be killed by the bandits if they do not comply or if they pose a direct threat to them."

Oh cool, no more getting killed as soon as some idiot fires one shot near my robbers then runs away.

Alyd    4

What TheAssassinZX said is correct,

You may only shoot the hostage if he poses a direct threat to you, if the victim complies during the shooting then they cannot be killed.

The victim(s) may only be killed by the bandits if they do not comply or if they pose a direct threat to them.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Basically No you cant. If you take shots from someone using the good Samaritan rule tell the hostage to sit down and dont get up or you will shoot him or tie him up one of the two. But as long as the hostage is complying you cant kill him

Mush    2

Solution:

The victim(s) may only be killed by the bandits if they do not comply or if they pose a direct threat to them.

/solved

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Sorry to rebump, but what if you initiate on someone who is in a group, then their group members start shooting at you?

Also, what if the victem poses a threat because there are bodies around him with weaponry on it?

I'm not going to bunker myself in a small little area knowing someone can stand up and shoot me while I'm focusing on his friends shooting me from other parts.

Burgz    6

Sorry to rebump, but what if you initiate on someone who is in a group, then their group members start shooting at you?

Also, what if the victem poses a threat because there are bodies around him with weaponry on it?

I'm not going to bunker myself in a small little area knowing someone can stand up and shoot me while I'm focusing on his friends shooting me from other parts.

You still cannot shoot them even if it is their clan shooting you, only if you have execution rights on the said clan. You can't say, 'he might get a weapon' if he tries to, then kill him, if not, then he's done nothing wrong.

Sin    113

You still cannot shoot them even if it is their clan shooting you, only if you have execution rights on the said clan. You can't say, 'he might get a weapon' if he tries to, then kill him, if not, then he's done nothing wrong.

Ideally, this is how the situation should play out. Try to keep the hostage alive if you can, however ...

If you know that the hostage is part of a group by his xml, and you have identified the shooters as members of that group, then you are free to kill the hostage. This is how group KoS rights work. Organized groups have the resources to initiate negotiations with hostage takers and should take every opportunity to do so. Hostage takers need to take this into account and allow unarmed members of the group to approach.

Searching and disarming someone sent in as a negotiator must not be regarded as a hostile act: if the hostage takers search and disarm the negotiator, it DOES NOT give the hostage's clan KoS rights (they already have KoS rights by virtue of the fact that you've taken their man hostage in the first place, but ffs, don't use the premise of sending in a negotiator as an excuse to open fire).

Just because you HAVE KoS rights doesn't mean that you have to USE them. Try to RP it out. Almost always more fun that way.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

I'm saying like, if I roleplay over ruleplay by shooting the hostage if I KNOW I can't survive.

Like I'm cornered inside of a building, and shots are coming from everywhere, and I'm the only one alive.

If I'm going down, I'm going to take down the hostage with me.

But like, if one or two potshots come out, I'm not going to turn and blast the hostage(unless it's the group shooting at us)

Caesar    438

I'm saying like, if I roleplay over ruleplay by shooting the hostage if I KNOW I can't survive.

Like I'm cornered inside of a building, and shots are coming from everywhere, and I'm the only one alive.

But like, if one or two potshots come out, I'm not going to turn and blast the hostage(unless it's the group shooting at us)

In such a situation rather then going down guns blazing you could try to RP out the situation and attempt to live. For example you might surrender rather than fight impossible odds and trying to get a body count before you go out.

You don't have to be rambo.

I am not even going to talk about how the first situation you mentioned likely would be a gross violation of the rules.

Lucan    0

By a person killing all of his hostages, he is essentially breaking the value for life rule as he has left himself no bargaining chips, therefore even without the kos rule in play, it is poor RP to execute all your hostages.

I think the only thing you can do in this situation without breaking either rules and to show you are serious is perhaps RP Maiming or injuring one of the hostages.

That way the victims don't feel like they were killed because of some hero gone wrong thing and the good samariten knows that you are serious.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

In such a situation rather then going down guns blazing you could try to RP out the situation and attempt to live. For example you might surrender rather than fight impossible odds and trying to get a body count before you go out.

You don't have to be rambo.

Surrendering is basically suicide.

Well, for groups that I know.

So- say if we have a group we're at war with hostage(MDR member for say) and after an intense firefight I surrender, 9/10 I will just rp getting tortured, killed(and with mdr, eaten).

It's a lose- lose situation.

Caesar    438

So you would rather take the 100% chance you will die with no RP over the 90% chance you will die with some very likely good RP?

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

But in a roleplay mental situation, a bullet to the face is far better than a clever wacking off your hand/finger/toe/etc.

I don't want to seem like I ignore RP, but in a mental sense of things- it seems like a bad idea to surrender.

And there is always the chance of walking outside and getting blasted in the face(as they have kos rights on me).

Sin    113

Death is only a better option in that case because you know you'll respawn.

What if when you died, you were permabanned from the server? What would you do then?

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Okay- this got a bit off topic.

So no on killing hostages(unless said hostages group is id'd at shooting you)