Server time: 2017-08-23, 17:35

Sign in to follow this  
Reptile449

Computer crashing when hit by zombie

Question

Reptile449    0

Question/Problem: Happened to me twice so far, a few minutes ago and on Monday. At first I thought it was bad luck but now think it's some other issue. When I get hit by a zombie half a second later my screen goes black, audio loops and I can't do anything except restart (Alt-tab and ctrl-alt-del does nothing).

Is the problem on the Mod or Standalone: Mod

Does this problem occur on other public DayZ/ArmA/SA servers as well: Don't know, don't play on other servers.

How long have you had this problem: Since monday, the 19th.

What have you done to fix this already: Had a look for people with similar issue, didn't see any, haven't done anything.

12 answers to this question

Mattbro    0

It would most likely be something on your end, Are you sure it only does it when you get hit by a zombie?

Guest Graphix   
Guest Graphix

Don't play on the server

:troll:

But seriously, have you tried going on other servers? It may be a problem with some game files, not just DayZRP's, in which case I'd identify them if possible.

If you can't find the problem, you can always reinstall.

Oh, and you can Verify integrity of the game cache on steam- if you're using steam, that is.

Brandon    0

Yeah, that seems weird that it only occurs when you are hit by a zombie. It is odd, but a possible problem. Search around and try to play on other servers than just DayZRP and if that it's on all servers just wait until a staff member notices this. Good luck and i'm always here :P

Reptile449    0

K, I'll verify the cache on steam and try some other servers tomorrow when it's not so late. Cheers guys.

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

This happens to Alyd too, maybe he can shed some light on it. But in my opinion you have some corrupted data for your game and that could be the sound of a zombie hitting you and it caused you to crash. I'm not too sure just surf the web and see if you can find anything of forums.

Guest TehGreekGamer   
Guest TehGreekGamer

Do you any other addons installed?

Gina    26

This has happened to me also, only once (yesterday) so far though but I have heard few others having experienced this also.

Dawn    0

Its possible that when your hit, Arma 2 is trying to play a sound file that has been corrupted & is causing your computer to lock up whilst trying to play/read it.

Apart from that I honestly have no idea what would be causing it.

Samaritan    258

Wow, they are some strong zombies...but seriously might be worth reinstalling the mod. Could anyone tell you if you got kicked for anything?

It has been a while since the OP has replied to this thread. I will solve & close it because of that.

If the OP wants this to be re-opened PM me asking me to do so.