Server time: 2017-10-20, 03:30
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Laurence Taylor

Helicopter Crashes

Question

Laurence Taylor    3

First off, where can i find them? where are the most common spawn points?

Secondly, how many spawn each restart?

I'm only asking because i see a bunch of guys with hi grade military snipers, rifles and pistols and it makes me sad.

my name is nathan pls help me

11 answers to this question

Hex    31

Alright, well I'm certainly no expert in this, but I've played DayZ long enough to know.

Chopper crashes can spawn nearly anywhere, but they have a high probability of spawning in open fields, the majority of them usually spawn around stary/novy and north of green mountain above the NW airfield.

As for how many per restart, I think it goes 1 on restart, with 1 spawning every 1 hour and 30 minutes or so.

And finally, dont assume just because people have high end gear that they got it from chopper crashes, many of the high end guns get recycled, and what that means is one person finds some uber cool/rare gun, uses it, either dies or gets robbed and it gets passed on. That usually goes for a long time, so rare guns passing hands 10 or so times is not uncommon.

kody311    3

As Sov said they are really random and are really hard to find. I'm pretty sure Dayzrp has even more helicopter crash spawn zones so its even harder to find them. I've found like 2 in my time on Dayzrp. One in middle of the field and one in the forest (new spawn zones).

As far as I'm aware (could be wrong) there are three helicopter crashes each restart. One Western and one Russian, the Western of course having the better loot (or if you prefer Ak's, KSVK's, and badass LMG's the Russian one is your choice).

Saint made a map a while ago on DayZ crash site locations, and a guide a -long- while back, I'm surprised I even remember. Here's the link.

Here's a picture taken from the guide as well.

3Fegs.jpg

Mikachu    26

That map isn't terrible but is outdated now.

There are more points than shown where they can crash.

Also 2 spawn per restart, one straight away and one ~2 hours in.

Sean ODempsey    0

I've seen one spawn about 150 meters from TP in the field near it

gr1ves    3

I'm only asking because i see a bunch of guys with hi grade military snipers, rifles and pistols and it makes me sad.

A good way to get some of those weapons you see, is to trade at the Trade Post. I know of some people who have traded their way up from basic civilian weapons to rare military grade weapons.

Laurence Taylor    3

A good way to get some of those weapons you see, is to trade at the Trade Post. I know of some people who have traded their way up from basic civilian weapons to rare military grade weapons.

I have the SVU sniper rifle but no one seems interested!

Voodoo    488

Also 2 spawn per restart, one straight away and one ~2 hours in.

Marking as solved but leaving this open for discussion (also follow that map even if outdated, but i prefer when you come across them randomly :P )

Andrew    0

Although the map shows a wide variety of spawn locations, i have found most of mine around the polana-gorka-guglovo-novy area. I know its kind of broad but around gorka ish is probably your best bet

Clammy    0

I can't stop laughing at this haha!

Laurence Taylor    3

I can't stop laughing at this haha!

;)