Server time: 2018-07-19, 08:02 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Contest: Community Whateveryouwanttocallit

Any more derogatory comments will result in harsh warning points. Lets knock it off can stay on topic.

I'm lost as to why it needs to be a contest. Why isn't it like a CV? Choose the best candidate that can offer their time. If there needs to be a show of hands, keep in inside staff or the admins.

You need to evaluate the person being appropriate and if they can actually deliver monthly.

Guest Astycc

I'm lost why it needs to be a contest.

I agree to be fair, it will end up being people voting for friends, and nice designs, where I would rather have a balance of a decent design and a good person rather than an amazing design and a flamer, but I am excited to see the result of this new rank/scheme, it should hopefully give more variation to the staff team and take a workload away from other ranks. :)

Just wondering, are we aloud to post our designs onto the forums after sending them in so people can comment on what we've produced?

Of course, we may even do a community vote and perhaps let the community decide which design is the best. We'll see how many submissions I get.

Alright then, thankyou. Might wait until you do that though so we can all stay anonymous :D

I agree to be fair, it will end up being people voting for friends, and nice designs, where I would rather have a balance of a decent design and a good person rather than an amazing design and a flamer, but I am excited to see the result of this new rank/scheme, it should hopefully give more variation to the staff team and take a workload away from other ranks. :)

Yup people will vote for their friends and not the quality of the work instead. I'd say ssldo Community Manager should be voted inside the staff or by admins only.

Yup people will vote for their friends and not the quality of the work instead. I'd say ssldo Community Manager should be voted inside the staff or by admins only.

I'd say inside the staff would be a good idea, for numerous reasons. For one, the person needs to be able to mix with people and what not. Be open to various forms of constructive criticism as the job will require it. I think that the work that the person can produce is just half of it, the general attitude of the person needs to be positive.

Inside staff decision would be good, as I feel a community vote may only result in favouritism as well as not taking into account other important factors such as availability, attitude and all-roundedness really.

Agreed. All staff positions are voted by admins, why should this be any different? :P

Agreed. All staff positions are voted by admins, why should this be any different? :P

Reminds me of certain You-tube comments eh Ego? :troll:

Guest Vespah

Something I threw together in a few [5 1/2 Hours]

This is only a first draft

I have another completely different idea.

DayZRPNews1Final_zps2b51a257.png

Not sure why its small.

Reminds me of certain You-tube comments eh Ego? :troll:

Please don't :(

Would love to sign up for it, if i only had the skills :D

Ooooh boy.

I still dont think someone who can draw pretty pictures should be a community manager, just saying :P

Why not just use your social networking accounts more effectively? Much easier workload and easier to develop for.

Believe it or not, it's not as easy as it looks.

Guest King

Submitted mine, will not sleep until I become Community Manager :troll:

I still dont think someone who can draw pretty pictures should be a community manager, just saying :P

My thoughts exactly. Atleast make the staff position have limited capabilities.

I dont mind staff having multiple jobs to do, but PR and using social media etc is massively different to summing up the months activities and so on in a creative manner. :/ The PR stuff is for people with a business mind whereas the montly news letter is for the creative type.

I dont mind staff having multiple jobs to do, but PR and using social media etc is massively different to summing up the months activities and so on in a creative manner. :/ The PR stuff is for people with a business mind whereas the montly news letter is for the creative type.

Yes I agree to! Their needs to be 2 positions one for the creative part and one for the social media part. The workload to do these 2 jobs will be to much, and will effect the monthly news and it won't be as good of quality.

Instead of just one community manager that writes all the articles, the community manager should create the paper and maybe add in an article every once in a while. The articles should mostly be community submissions, or maybe even a special news team that writes all of the stories. It might take some of the work load off of the community manager, plus I'm sure there are other people out there like me who love journalism, but don't have the photoshop skills to be a community manager.

My reaction was something along the lines of this: Yes, yes, okay this is...never mind..have to be 18. Then I went and cried.

Instead of just one community manager that writes all the articles, the community manager should create the paper and maybe add in an article every once in a while. The articles should mostly be community submissions, or maybe even a special news team that writes all of the stories. It might take some of the work load off of the community manager, plus I'm sure there are other people out there like me who love journalism, but don't have the photoshop skills to be a community manager.

This is an awesome idea.

We had a community run radio station, why not a community run news team or newspaper? That way, it just leaves the design aspect of the monthly news to the Community Manager.

Community Journalist seems to be more of a proper title to this job! Jeez Rolle :P