Server time (UTC): 2021-01-26, 05:16
Sign in to follow this  
TheRealRyven

Microphone issue.

I've been having this weird microphone issue where all you can hear is static and if i bend it really close you can hear me heaps quietly (Seems like a sensitivity issue), however I've been unable to fix it.

Disable/re enabling the microphone in devices doesn't work

Unplugging and plugging it back in doesn't work..

Here's where it gets weird, if I unplug it, then plug in my old microphone, and then unplug that and put my microphone with the issue back in, it works normally. This seems to be the only way I can get my microphone to work properly.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

I've been having this weird microphone issue where all you can hear is static and if i bend it really close you can hear me heaps quietly (Seems like a sensitivity issue), however I've been unable to fix it.

Here's where it gets weird, if I unplug it, then plug in my old microphone, and then unplug that and put my microphone with the issue back in, it works normally. This seems to be the only way I can get my microphone to work properly.

So after putting back in the faulty one, for how long will he work before breaking again?

For me it sounds like a hardware problem.

Troubleshoot the cabel and end points.

Test the device on another system.

Guest Vespah

Hmm..

Try plugging the mic into a different audio jack if you have more than one.. (Ive got one on the top and one in the back). If that doesn't work, then Id have a go at updating your sound drivers.

After some more testing, I actually think it's just the microphone being faulty and for some reason it decides to work for a little while every now and then again. I just used a different microphone and had no problems all night.

Such a shame for a new headset too, I think it's still under warranty though.

After some more testing, I actually think it's just the microphone being faulty and for some reason it decides to work for a little while every now and then again. I just used a different microphone and had no problems all night.

Such a shame for a new headset too, I think it's still under warranty though.

Sounds like it's the mic to be honest.

It is a shame, if under warranty you should take it back.

Im going to mark this as solved in the mean time but if you try again and it works let us know ;)