Server time (UTC): 2021-01-23, 20:41
Sign in to follow this  
Major Tom

Eurovision Thread

So as many Europeans here will know, tonight we had Eurovision! For those that don't know, it's a music competition where many many European countries compete to win 1st place. Each country has to choose their contestant and then they represent their country in the competition. At the end, each country votes for another country and of course the one with the most votes wins!

What did you guys think or this years Eurovision?

Personally, I had a few thoughts.

First, I love that Austria won! I was rooting for Iceland throughout the whole thing, but Austria winning is just as good too. The song was great! I'm not sure if their singer was actually transgender or if it was a novelty act, but regardless it was great to see so many people supporting her!

Second, it was a shame so many people were booing Russia everytime they got points. I understand from a political point of view as to why, but it was unfair on the two 17 year old girls who sang. I think people were mainly booing Russia as a whole rather than the singers, but regardless it was unfair to them both.

Finally, Graham Norton was an excellent commentator for the UK. Loved all his comments and he truly had some British humour to share! His little confetti party was excellent. The two hosts of the show really were entertaining and I was enjoying their work fully.

However... I still don't get that whole China thing...

Shame Poland didn't win, such a deep song with a brilliant stage performance. Really deserved the win..

Eurovision is always a political thing, so no surprise Russia got booed. I missed it through, didn't know it was on, will have to watch tomorrow.

Be honest with me, how bad was the UK?

Eurovision is always a political thing, so no surprise Russia got booed. I missed it through, didn't know it was on, will have to watch tomorrow.

Be honest with me, how bad was the UK?

As usual. rubbish.

Well Austria had a good song and a strong musical performance, so did few others. But knowing how Eurovision works and how people vote you have to but wonder if the song actually brought the victory or was the win because of she/he being transgender. I mean most men who are transgender shave the beard. I have a feeling that many votes came because of that and not because of the song being good. 2nd Semi-finals proved that not all in Eurovision is "random", they deliberately announced Austria last.

The booing for Russian contestant clearly showed how Eurovisions work and it was a generally bad act from the audience. It was all because of the recent actions by the government, it wasn't about neighbors voting each other, since that happens every year. Clearly shows how easily people can be manipulated and little people actually think for themselves. The Russian song wasn't really that bad after all. That booing shouldn't have happened in my opinion.

This shit is going on for like 10 years I guess? Maybe even worse.

I have never watched it, besides one time, when Lordi were participating and I loved it that they won. But now, I looked at the show today and I am glad I havent watched it almost never.

This is seriously one of the worst shows in EU. It full with money/politics and popularity all the way.

And talking about the he/she who won this year (saw in news), I hope something happens to him. What kind of shit it is? Just imagine what new borns and little kids will think now. Srsly, pure shit.

Personally, I love how the show unites people in Europe to support eachother. It's just a shame that people keep brining politics in to a show about music. It's inevitable and I understand it fully, but it's still a shame.

As for Austria winning, I see no issue with their contestant. What do you mean by "hope something happens"? If that's how they are, it's how they are. I can see how people may view it as an attention grab to cause controversy, but honestly that shouldn't matter. It doesn't matter what the kids think. Hopefully this encourages them to act as themselves regardless of how strange it may seem, because we should be accepting people like that and not repressing them.

Guest Icy

The only think I liked this year is the winner. He/she's something different, and getting the victory shows that there are a whole lot of people that are actually open minded and accepting everyone, "normal" or "different"

Music-wise the whole show sucked as usual, IMO

Also too many boobs

I have never watched it, besides one time, when Lordi were participating and I loved it that they won. But now, I looked at the show today and I am glad I havent watched it almost never.

This is seriously one of the worst shows in EU. It full with money/politics and popularity all the way.

And talking about the he/she who won this year (saw in news), I hope something happens to him. What kind of shit it is? Just imagine what new borns and little kids will think now. Srsly, pure shit.

Honestly? You hope something happens to him? Why? Because he doesn't follow your ideals? Just because some people are different doesn't mean that they should be hurt or shamed, i'm very dissapointed to see a comment like this on this subject, sure its your opinion but you couldve made it more subtle and less hate spewed, take your homophobic/religious attitude and f*** right off Naury.

All I can say is... I want to have a mustache

France only getting two points was bullshit! I think they said on their twitter after voting was done was something like:

"We thought we needed a moustache but actually we needed a beard."

Good to see they have a good humour about it. They seemed like such lovely guys!

Also too many boobs

Boobs? I… hardly noticed… :I

EDIT: Fuck, link broke. It was a .gif of Poland's performance :P

so is this like a huge American idol thing but for Europe?

Personally, I love how the show unites people in Europe to support eachother. It's just a shame that people keep brining politics in to a show about music. It's inevitable and I understand it fully, but it's still a shame.

As for Austria winning, I see no issue with their contestant. What do you mean by "hope something happens"? If that's how they are, it's how they are. I can see how people may view it as an attention grab to cause controversy, but honestly that shouldn't matter. It doesn't matter what the kids think. Hopefully this encourages them to act as themselves regardless of how strange it may seem, because we should be accepting people like that and not repressing them.

-Snipped-

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

There has always been boos in Eurovision. I mean it's not a surprise that there is boobs or revealing outfits.

DhQGETE.gif

They have nice eyes.

BnTPxE4IAAABYbd.jpg

Right, thanks Naury for totally crashing the mood. I appreciate it...

Nah man, he/shes or the transvestites should be killed. I may have strong opinion but being gay as well is bad. The humanity wasnt created so that 2 guys can play with each other. As well, you say that it doesnt matter what kids think. It really does. Example from life - My sisters little daughter saw 2 gay guys in a park just sitting and talking. As a little child she was playing around and somehow went to them. They said what are they doing (basic thing, like, they are couple). The little girl came to my sister and asked her why are they together and things like that. I didnt stand it and went over to them and punched both of them for that.

And the same applies for this he/she person who won. You cant put this creature on TV, its just so wrong in many ways.

Well with your argument humanity wasn't created so 2 women could play with each other either.

Also is it actually said anywhere that He is gay too besides doing a drag act?

Women are ok :D

Take your ignorant views elsewhere.

Women are ok :D

All your arguments just lost all credibility. Though I also have a feeling that you are simply trolling.

Im speechless... Just wow Naury..

-didn't work-

but who won?? still don't know it

I guess I shouldnt have said that on forums. Im sorry if I accused anyone, but still, my opinion stands.