Server time (UTC): 2021-01-26, 05:37
Sign in to follow this  
Bianco

Et tu, stream snipers? Metagaming, or extreme coincidences?

Well as many of you know, PsiSyndicate is back on DayzRP. Today, Volki ran in to him while we were out looking for the Peace Keepers. He hung out with us for a while, and then what do you know, people start to show up at our roadblock. This is a little funny because, only an hour before, we happened to have almost no people come to the roadblock on a fully populated server. Now all of a sudden there were people every 30 seconds.

So, myself, Psi, and Pavel all interrogate this one guy at some point, and wouldn't you know it, BHM shows up and surrounds us, with one guy that walks up to us. So, we retreat with our cars. Then, when we get to the radio station after getting away. vGc is already there. After talking with Victor Cruz, he leaves and all of a sudden Juggs just happens to come by in a car, even though Victor already has one. (I doubt they were just meeting up.) And then apparently BHM shows up at some point again, and so we leave and BHM and vGc follow for a bit, and we finally lose them.

We make it to the roadblock from before, and PK is there, with that guy we interrogated before. Nothing happens. Then vGc, BHM, and some other clan show up AGAIN, and we were then unable to initiate due to lack in numbers. (Some people are even saying there were 6 different clans in total there)

Oh and before anyone named makes any defense or denials, I recorded everything.

Anyways, finally the stream ends, and Psi says, and I quote, "This is officially the worst stream ever." Sure we could be blamed for not keeping him entertained or whatever, but avoiding stream sniping initiators was number one priority. So thanks to this, we probably lost tons of potential community members. I'l accept the warning points for this if really necessary, but it needed to be said.

This is most certainly a problem but is almost impossible to address/report. The only thing you can do and sounds a bit harsh is stay away from him.

This is most certainly a problem but is almost impossible to address/report. The only thing you can do and sounds a bit harsh is stay away from him.

The thing is, he is a community member, and I told everyone when we picked him up, treat him only as one, nothing else. These clans should know better, and it ruined the RP.

Guest Alfie

> walking to the bridge south of Vybor to make a roadblock

> sees black figures and something in the distance

> 1 overwatch and 4 armed men at this roadblock/fortress, surrounding an unarmed man

> ohshitson

> all get in positions and say hello after restart

> nothing seemed to be wrong, so we left

> run north

> find a girl in car

> spend a few minutes looking for her friend

> it's juggs and his clan at the radio station

> drop her off with juggs

> wait for people to leave

No metagaming-arino here mateyboy

The thing is, he is a community member, and I told everyone when we picked him up, treat him only as one, nothing else. These clans should know better, and it ruined the RP.

I agree, but the temptation is there.

So your accusing us of stream sniping?

> see's black figures and something in the distance

> 1 overwatch and 4 armed men at this roadblock/fortress, surrounding an unarmed man

> ohshitson

Not explaining the other two incidents, and giving a very convenient response

Well, vGc from past experience likes to hang out at Radio Station so that one can be knocked out of the ballpark.

So your accusing us of stream sniping?

Note that I am not accusing PK, TFW, or Legacy, as they all were there originally.

Guest Alfie

> see's black figures and something in the distance

> ohshitson

Not explaining the other two incidents, and giving a very convenient response

i edited it a little to give more detail, and some green font to make it all 4channy :P

Could be stream sniping but this is the road that us as the CTC get told about ALL the time. A lot of people know about it and we always hear about it. Word travels fast... Very fast.

I'm not ruling out stream sniping, I've had it done to me in the past and its a ball ache but just remember if you set up a roadblock in the same place for a few days, people will know happens.

Could be stream sniping but this is the road that us as the CTC get told about ALL the time. A lot of people know about it and we always hear about it. Word travels fast... Very fast.

I'm not ruling out stream sniping, I've had it done to me in the past and its a ball ache but just remember if you set up a roadblock in the same place for a few days, people will know happens.

The clans at the roadblock in the end even thought it was odd. The people who showed up MADE excuses to stay

You do realize that this specific spot has been quite popular spot for a roadblock for these past few days? So of course there is people passing and going around that area.

Just because there happened to be someone streaming at the same time doesn't mean that people went there because of that.

Why would you even worry about whether or not you kept him entertained, lol.

Ok before I have to repeat myself and someone else says how popular the spot is, note that the previous 3 hours no one came and talked to us. And like I said, excuses were made so that people could stay. (Oh and btw just because you poke me and tell me how wrong I am does not mean I am going to change my opinion, so do not bother.)

Why would you even worry about whether or not you kept him entertained, lol.

That isn't the point, I am talking in the end how he essentially thinks our clan is bad and other people think the same because of it.

What do you expect when you're hanging around with a popular youtuber streaming? Its evidently gonna happen. It has happened before, and it will keep happening, and there's nothing you can do about it. Is it ok? Well no. But without solid proof nothing can be done.

Stream or not, we just always know where you guys are hehe!

Sometimes there are a lot of people coming by and sometimes there don't.

It is just having luck....

What do you expect when you're hanging around with a popular youtuber streaming? Its evidently gonna happen. It has happened before, and it will keep happening, and there's nothing you can do about it. Is it ok? Well no. But without solid proof nothing can be done.

I didn't say that I didn't expect it, but I did not think it would be the shitstorm that it became. And like you said, it in no way makes it right.

It is very sad people stream snipe Psi (Not that im accusing anyone directly), stream sniping + Ddos's make Psi's Dayz RP streams horrible, and its not even him doing anything wrong.

To put it simply, anyone stream sniping, its pathetic, stop. If he would want to RP with you, he would look for you, if you want to be on stream, start your own...and then cry because people are stream sniping you.

Also, just to add, I was watching the stream and the man you robbed and interrogated had his radio for quite some time until he was relieved of it.

Maybe next time, you could focus on the roleplay and make the encounters you have worth something, instead of running from them, because maybe they are watching a stream. Probably would have made it more enjoyable for all sides.

It is very sad people stream snipe Psi (Not that im accusing anyone directly), stream sniping + Ddos's make Psi's Dayz RP streams horrible, and its not even him doing anything wrong.

To put it simply, anyone stream sniping, its pathetic, stop. If he would want to RP with you, he would look for you, if you want to be on stream, start your own...and then cry because people are stream sniping you.

Amen.

To round up my previous statement, I would not be surprised if these groups actually did watch the stream to follow Psi around, actually I am pretty sure they did as it sure sounds like it, but that's besides the point.

There is no point bringing it up because they will just deny deny deny and if that doesn't work, they'll deny even more. Simply because you got no proof, and they blame it on the 'coincidence' excuse, which I know is bull shit because I've been in several groups where I heard someone say "Oh, Psi is streaming, he is at Kamarovo!". People always swarm him, which is uhhhh such a 'coincidence'. Sad to hear it ruined your night, but that is how it is.

Also, just to add, I was watching the stream and the man you robbed and interrogated had his radio for quite some time until he was relieved of it.

Maybe next time, you could focus on the roleplay and make the encounters you have worth something, instead of running from them, because maybe they are watching a stream. Probably would have made it more enjoyable for all sides.

So I shouldn't run from people who obviously were going to initiate on us and kill us? That makes no sense, please explain.

I was BHM the whole Time. As Alfie stated, we saw you guys. Some of us were in the area and checked the situation out, called us in so we drove to the area. I for myself got the information Ingame as all the other BHM members I was with. We drove up there, we watched you drving away from the roadblock.

I talked to a guy named Pyotr Reznikov. He was unarmed and told me he just got robbed. I gave him my pistol. He was at the roadblock.

I already talked to Volki in Ts and stated my(our) POV.

However, I can understand that such situations are really bad and can take all the joy away. So I dont blame you for being upset.

Good luck

I was BHM the whole Time. As Alfie stated, we saw you guys. Some of us were in the area and checked the situation out, called us in so we drove to the area. I for myself got the information Ingame as all the other BHM members I was with. We drove up there, we watched you drving away from the roadblock.

I talked to a guy named Pyotr Reznikov. He was unarmed and told me he just got robbed. I gave him my pistol. He was at the roadblock.

I already talked to Volki in Ts and stated my(our) POV.

However, I can understand that such situations are really bad and can take all the joy away. So I dont blame you for beeing upset.

Good luck

I'm not asking for you guys to be banned or anything, I'm just saying it needs to stop. You said that he told you that we were going to the radio station, which he had no way of knowing unless he runs faster than a car.

So I shouldn't run from people who obviously were going to initiate on us and kill us? That makes no sense, please explain.

EDIT: read the OP incorrectly. The same applies, however.

Roleplay could have sparked from the situation and maybe the tension leads to a fight or a hostage taking, who knows. But when you run away from conflict it defeats the purpose of the server, and that's not entertaining for anyone.