Server time (UTC): 2021-01-16, 20:34
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bobby

Does hitting someone allow KOS rights?

I'm just wondering if you RP that you punch someone because perhaps there being a bit of an asshole or something does that give them KOS rights or do they still need to initiate on you?

I thought a say a thread answering this before but couldn't find it.

Urm, I wouldn't venture into the realms of 'attacking people' try and put stuff like *throws a punch at the man* therefore he has a chance to maybe 'block' or something. Oh and no, it won't grant KOS rights.

Guest Whazmeister

I think it's considered a hostile action, yes.

But it's not like they have 2 hours of KoS on you. It's very situational and in some cases it can be considered 'ruleplay' if you for example shoot someone like an hour after a punch for no reason.

Also, be carefull with powergaming, because if you do *punches the man in front of him* it's powergaming, since you're forcing him to get hit and leave him no other option. You can however do *attempts to his man front of him*.

Yeah I'm not planning on running round punching people but IRL especially if someones been drinking (TP pub) they might try to get into a fight. I just want to know if I did it would the other person be able just to kill me point blanc?

Also, be carefull with powergaming, because if you do *punches the man in front of him* it's powergaming, since you're forcing him to get hit and leave him no other option. You can however do *attempts to his man front of him*.

And also I completely understand about the powergaming aspect and aware of it :)

Guest Whazmeister

Yeah I'm not planning on running round punching people but IRL especially if someones been drinking (TP pub) they might try to get into a fight. I just want to know if I did it would the other person be able just to kill me point blanc?

And also I completely understand about the powergaming aspect and aware of it :)

Hitting people is a hostile action and is disallowed in the TP (unfortunately)

Ok I see but if it were outside the TP and its zone?

Ok I see but if it were outside the TP and its zone?

Well hostile actions are allowed outside TP and the safe zone. But still you can't go and "Punches the man in front of him" without it being godmodding. While hostile actions do grant you KoS rights in a case like this the 2 hour KoS right and sharing the rights wouldn't really seem RPish. It would be ruleplay over roleplay.

But then again the situation where you hit someone dictates the requirements for KoS. During a robbery there is all ready all the requirements for KoS rights but in some other situation...well. Just remember that some people seek even the slightest reason for PvP.

Would love to see a brawl written in emotes.

man2 *attempts to falcon punch*

man 1 *ducks to avoid punch*

hahahahahaha yeah the longest brawl ever :P

Haha, it would escalate way too quickly though.

*attempts to punch the man*

*backflips, throwing a kick at the man in mid-air*

*dodges it, thrusting his knee towards the man's genitals*

*jumps backwards* Then he pulls out his pistol and kills the guy. I would love to see that too :troll:

Haha, it would escalate way too quickly though.

*attempts to punch the man*

*backflips, throwing a kick at the man in mid-air*

*dodges it, thrusting his knee towards the man's genitals*

*jumps backwards* Then he pulls out his pistol and kills the guy. I would love to see that too :troll:

This

[video=youtube]

Hi, Mr Bobby.

Should I mark this as solved? :)

Zhunk and Kril did this at Desal once, before they crashed a plane out the front :P.

And I don't think it would grant KoS, don't quote me on that though

Role play it, don't think about KoS rights. Generally just because you *might* have KoS rights doesn't mean you HAVE TO shoot a guy in the face without a word, it's better to RP it out. Roleplay > Ruleplay :)

Just like Rolle said above, we should forget the whole KoS rights -thing and concentrate to Roleplay. If the situation changes in a way when you REALLY want to kill that person, only after then you should start to think about rules (Kos rights) and if those actually allows you to kill someone in that situation. :)