Server time (UTC): 2021-01-24, 12:23
Sign in to follow this  
ChairSmiles

DayzRP Standalone Server Settings

Okay guys, while one can understand why hardcore mode is useful on the DayzRP Standalone server, it is also very easy to conclude that the positive aspects are dramatically outweighed by the negative.

Of course, hardcore mode drives away all the pesky non-roleplayers, who join simply to loot without fearing getting shot on sight, and it obviously does help with the immersion and realism aspects of the game, but the simple fact that nighttime is virtually unplayable (as shown by the fact that there is never more than 4 players online when its dark, who are probably server hoppers anyway) and that, due to unsatisfactory game developing, zombies spot you from over 200 meters away, through buildings, while you are crouched, only to sneak up on you and be immune to virtually all melee combat makes hardcore mode much less enjoyable than regular mode.

In my opinion, the SA server should be changed back to regular mode, at least until Dayz Standalone becomes a bit better.

Let me know what you guys think.

Also, remember that I understand the reasons for hardcore mode, I simply believe that the experience is less enjoyable on hardcore than on regular.

I've personally always found hardcore to be more enjoyable, and was quite happy to see it had changed to hardcore.

Maybe in the future there'll be a regular and a hardcore server, but until then, I hope it stays hardcore.

I've personally always found hardcore to be more enjoyable, and was quite happy to see it had changed to hardcore.

Maybe in the future there'll be a regular and a hardcore server, but until then, I hope it stays hardcore.

Yeah, that'd be the most ideal outcome.

Okay guys, while one can understand why hardcore mode is useful on the DayzRP Standalone server, it is also very easy to conclude that the positive aspects are dramatically outweighed by the negative.

Of course, hardcore mode drives away all the pesky non-roleplayers, who join simply to loot without fearing getting shot on sight, and it obviously does help with the immersion and realism aspects of the game, but the simple fact that nighttime is virtually unplayable (as shown by the fact that there is never more than 4 players online when its dark, who are probably server hoppers anyway) and that, due to unsatisfactory game developing, zombies spot you from over 200 meters away, through buildings, while you are crouched, only to sneak up on you and be immune to virtually all melee combat makes hardcore mode much less enjoyable than regular mode.

In my opinion, the SA server should be changed back to regular mode, at least until Dayz Standalone becomes a bit better.

Let me know what you guys think.

Also, remember that I understand the reasons for hardcore mode, I simply believe that the experience is less enjoyable on hardcore than on regular.

About this day/nighttime issue. I asked Rolle one week ago about this. It should be mostly daytime he answered, however it seems to be an error caused from the server that the settings get stucked. Just send Rolle a message and kindly ask him for an restart, if the server stays dark.

I also prever the hardcore settings at the moment. If the server is set to normal the KOSing is very extreme.

Concerning the Zombies, yes they are very tough in the current setting, but with some movement and focusing on the head it is possible to get them down.

90% of the time i try to get on its pitch black even though the ingame timer can be anything between 17:00 to 19:00. It only get that dark around here, at that time, during winter :P

I agree, although First person is realism it still makes it hard with all the bugs and stuff like that, DayZ standalone has

Honestly I don't mind hardcore, I usually play regular but once you get used to the first person POV it becomes easier. Plus people that like to KOS usually need to be able to see over walls and stuff, this way only people devoted to in-game immersion will stick around.

All i can really say to this post is.. 'why didn't you keep a flashlight around?'

I'm not trying to make any enemies here but...For those talking about "realism", realistically you would never want to travel at night. Common sense would tell anyone with a tactical mind that with your primary sense (sight) diminished or even totally useless, going out at night in a world like DayZ would be down right stupid. Hell, just threats like falling become a real danger. Hardcore or not, everyone and everything can see you better than you can see yourself. Noise and light discipline is key during low light situations. Under no circumstances would it ever be safe to use a flash light at night. It sounds like a good idea and on an RP server it might be ok...as long as you don't mind shinning a beacon in the night that tells all the zombies and cannibals where a free lunch is.