Server time (UTC): 2021-01-18, 16:53
Sign in to follow this  
baibro

Ping Cap

Hi, I was just wondering if the Ping cap could be removed on the server. I am trying to connect from Australia and I get a >800 ping. Ping only affects the person WITH the high ping and not other players, Therefor ping is not a problem with arma.

3491651658.png

I am from the South Australian outback and I get 350-370 and occasional 400+. If you are getting 1200 then something may be wrong with your connection or ISP. Maybe some one with better knowledge or from Sydney can shed more light on your issue.

I am from the South Australian outback and I get 350-370 and occasional 400+. If you are getting 1200 then something may be wrong with your connection or ISP. Maybe some one with better knowledge or from Sydney can shed more light on your issue.

No, nothing is wrong with my internet, its just bad and thats all I can get

I have a 56KB/s connection that is run from a satellite to a tower then onwards, trust me when I say there is something wrong some where along the line... I might be moving to Queensland soon and it would be a sad thing if we can not some how play from the east coast.

Guest Shadow

Im on the east coast down in NSW and I get 450 ping on average. Something definitely is wrong with that 1200 ping however. Also when you are lagging that hard it does affect the people around you. Friendly fire is common, it is hard to understand VOIP as well as several other issues.

I play with my friends a lot and they say that i never lag or desync and never had a problem with VOIP.

Also I have changed ISP alot and I am with the best I can get ATM. I have satellite internet and that is the cause of my Ping, Nothing can be done to fix

I do not believe they will raise or take away the ping cap, your only choice would be to wait until you can get a better connection. Maybe you could speak to your ISP and see if they can reroute your connection to a different spot, maybe you will get lucky..

With that being said, you would want to stay active on the forums to save your self from a cull if you can not find a fix.

Ive already spoken to my ISP Im on the best I can get. As I said before high ping in ARMA dosent affect too much

Unfortunately the ping limit can't be changed just for one person. 1200 ping is high, especially for satellite. I am from Australia myself and never get kicked for ping limit.

If you can run a trace route to dayzrp.com, might be able to determine where the traffic is going, and then possibly talk to your ISP about their routing. Follow these steps to run a traceroute and then send me the results via a PM:

1. Open Command prompt by Pressing Windows+R and typing CMD

2. Type tracert dayzrp.com

3. Once completed, take a screenshot of the result, or highlight it all and then right click. This will copy it to the clipboard.

4. Send me the results via PM.

I'm in TS at the moment, so poke me if you have any issues.

I get about 800/900 ping to sweeden server. And I dont lag with my high ping I play on lots of other servers and others say I dont lag at all

I have a 56KB/s connection that is run from a satellite to a tower then onwards, trust me when I say there is something wrong some where along the line... I might be moving to Queensland soon and it would be a sad thing if we can not some how play from the east coast.

I feel sorry for you. Here, have some :beans:

Turn off the launcher you are using to start ArmA as soon ArmA has started and se if any difference.

Turn off the launcher you are using to start ArmA as soon ArmA has started and se if any difference.

No... *facepalm* Internet dosent work like that...

If you are running any background programs shut them down, programs like torrent programs...I have this torrent program called Vuze and if its running in the background while I try to any online game my ping is so high that I usually get kicked from the game, but as soon as I shut certain programs down I'm good to play

Hi, I was just wondering if the Ping cap could be removed on the server. I am trying to connect from Australia and I get a 1200 ping. Ping only affects the person WITH the high ping and not other players.

Also this is a RP server so high ping shouldn't be a problem.

3491651658.png

Also what does this being an RP server has to do with ping?

Might be a stupid question, but do you have any programs in the background that could be milking your internet? For me, I always have Steam doing automatic updates for my games and it makes my ping skyrocket. Torrent programs like Jack said above are another example

No... *facepalm* Internet dosent work like that...

I dont know what you mean by writing that.

It is not the internet we are troubleshooting now, now it seems more like you need tips on reducing your ping to DayZRP server.

When in comes to the ping cap you already got an answer by Kravok.

Knowing your way of connecting to the Internet and your speed, the bottleneck here is your upload speed.

Thing is you are inside borders for playing, should work. As

you know ping is not that big issue when comes to ArmA.

So therefore something might interfere.

Would be interesting to see that tracert outcome.

Launchers work differently of each other, some do pings to servers, some try to update while playing, this will take bandwith from your local network interface, turn the launcher off while playing.

Same as the others have suggested, turn of any other background program that might steal bandwith from you.

I have made sure that no programs or other devises in the house are using the internet. Thanks for your help everyone but I can do no more on my end, the only way I will ever be able to play DayZRP is if the admin removes the ping cap which is probably not going to happen.

I have made sure that no programs or other devises in the house are using the internet. Thanks for your help everyone but I can do no more on my end, the only way I will ever be able to play DayZRP is if the admin removes the ping cap which is probably not going to happen.

The issue is most definitely on your end. Myself and every other Australian on the server all have a ping well under the 500 cap. East coast and west coast, all have a usable ping.

So, the way I see it is you can a) give up and we close this thread while you don't get to play DayZRP. or b) we keep this thread open so you can continue to try to find the issue and fix it.

It is completely up to you. Whatever you choose does not effect us in the slightest. So let us know and we can either close the thread or continue trying to help. :)

The ping cap will not be removed or increased. The ArmA net code works in mysterious ways where servers slow down to sync slow clients. Allowing in slow clients with > 1s delay would affect everyone on the server. 500ms limit is already a lot, considering that in other games anything over 100 is considered bad.