Server time (UTC): 2021-01-16, 14:57
Sign in to follow this  
miket1113

shadow and campfire flicker

Well today I was walking in server 2 and saw that my shadows and the campfires were flicking quite annoyingly, i tried launching a differnt dayz server today and when i did Britch assault and the Czech DLCs downloaded themselves, now all the sudden I have this issue, anyone had similar issues and know a fix? or point me in the right direction? thanks!

PS not sure if this is the right place to put it, not sure if its a bug so posted it here

This is the right place my friend. Do you have a screen shot of what this looks like?

I would screw around with your video settings and see if any of those will change it. I usually have most of my settings on low, and can't recall any annoyances like you have described.

Just make a fire in the woods, mess with your settings, and if nothing changes it take a screen shot and post it here.

Put object detail as high as your PC can handle, that should resolve it.

Guest Vespah

You can also disable shadows too if you'd like to. Disabling shadows gives you a big boost to performance too.

Did any of those fixes work for you?

You can also disable shadows too if you'd like to. Disabling shadows gives you a big boost to performance too.

+ It gives you an advantage of spotting people.

I tried to put it as high as possible,solved it but the fps was not worth it hah, tried turning it down a notch and that also fixed it, must be something with the high settings that causes the flicker, normal didnt and very high didnt hah thanks for the help

Guest Vespah

Exactly. Now yes, realistically speaking, having your graphics on Low, could be argued that Roleplay is decreased. However, not everybody has suped up PCs. And I would prefer perfomance over graphics or a nice balance :).

Exactly. Now yes, realistically speaking, having your graphics on Low, could be argued that Roleplay is decreased. However, not everybody has suped up PCs. And I would prefer perfomance over graphics or a nice balance :).

Agreed, might just have to deal with it, I played last night and the issues seemed somewhat better? Might've just been a temporary problem, hopefully it stays fixed

'Aight, solving. PM me or any other CH if you want me to remark it as unsolved.