Server time (UTC): 2021-01-16, 11:23
Sign in to follow this  
Guest VaxtArts

Voice chat changes/modes

Guest VaxtArts

I was thinking that maybe 3 different modes of voice talking could be implemented into DayzRP? I don't know how possible these are (to be honest they probably aren't) but anyway ill explain what I've been thinking! :D

I was thinking that these 3 modes can be switched between to have different lengths that the voice can be heard so have these 3 modes as 'Whispering' 'Talking' and 'Shouting'. So this could be like

Whispering: Can be heard within a 5 meter radius.

Talking: Slightly Below the default direct coms at the moment, but more loud and has a bigger radius then Whispering.

Shouting: Slightly above the current direct coms and is louder and has a bigger radius then talking.

I think if this was ever implemented it could change the way people RP. For example if a group of robbers have hostages and they want to talk privately they could use the 'Whisper' mode and instead of having to walk off far so the hostages can't hear them but they can just back off a bit and whisper to each other.

This is only an idea that just popped in to my head whilst in bed so it probably isn't possible to be done but any input and changes you would do about something like this could be good to see and maybe a developer will see this :D

Unfortunately this can't be done unless we use the ACRE plugin. We are looking at using this with a third, hard core server.

Guest VaxtArts

Unfortunately this can't be done unless we use the ACRE plugin. We are looking at using this with a third, hard core server.

Didn't think it could be done without some sort of plugin :(

Didn't think it could be done without some sort of plugin :(

Yeah, limitations of the Arma engine unfortunetly.

Hype

I really hope this is true.

This would be awesome. I loved playing ACE with ACRE it was amazing.

I really hope this is true.

It is.

#BlameRolle

And by blame I mean thank

Maybe

So wait how would it work if we use ACRE since everyone needs to be on the same TS channel?

Separate TS server possibly for ACRE?

So wait how would it work if we use ACRE since everyone needs to be on the same TS channel?

ACRE initialized channels and such. People would all have to be in the channel when being on the server (S3, or the hardcore server).