Server time (UTC): 2021-01-18, 16:02
Sign in to follow this  
Hofer

CTC using brute force instead of RP.

Taken from this report.

From this report I understand that instead of approaching the roadblock and actually RPing that they would have to move away from the area, you just tried to scare them off with a MORTAR?

Come on. This is a ROLEPLAYING server, and you as staff should definitely be the pillars when it comes to RP. This is disappointing and this is not the point of the Trade Post or CTC at all.

Move out, talk to them. THEN bring out the guns. Use the rule ROLEPLAY over RULEPLAY. You are the examples, the leaders, the "kings" of RP. By using this equipment instead of Roleplaying you are NOT doing what you really should do.

I cannot by any chance understand as to how you can defend such a decision on a roleplaying server.

DISCLAIMER: Please avoid any flame or otherwise personal attacks in this thread. This is not aimed at one person, this is just an example I found in a report.

This is also not a "STAFF USES OP GEAR OMG" thread. This is a critizism thread aimed towards the lack of RP. Use the equipment you want, that's not the issue.

I very much agree with this.

Good subject to bring up, Hofer.

Guest JMS

My opinion is CTC should have to access the roadblock IC and figure it's there from IC only then they said somewhat of a diplomat down to negotiate and if that doesn't work a small team of soldiers mortaring peoples roadblocks is a little overkill an should be a LAST RESORT

The CTC are a sensible bunch of people, it's understandable they wouldn't take unnecessary risk. When some bandits are preying on customers outside the TP there's no reason for them to risk their lives and lower the manpower stationed at the TP when they can just fire a few mortars instead.

Mortars should only be used if a roadblock is on the red routes shown on the CTC TP map.

Mortars should only be used if a roadblock is on the red routes shown on the CTC TP map.

Mortars should not be used unless the people at the roadblock are unwilling to RP or comply. You should ALWAYS prioritize RP.

I'd like to get this out here, Rolle don't do one of your sarcastic sentences ending the discussion stupidly, this is a genuine issue.

If someone lacks the common sense to not make a roadblock near the Trading Post they they deserve to be blown up. Simple as that.

Guest Maggorra

I agree this is pure Ruleplay > Roleplay from CTC side.

If someone lacks the common sense to not make a roadblock near the Trading Post they they deserve to be blown up. Simple as that.

That comment is just plain ignorance. People setting up roadblocks nowadays are actually RPing really well. Then all of a sudden, BAM. Mortars kill them because the admins prioritied ruleplay over roleplay. Maybe they should bring out BTRs to the roadblock and intimidate them to leave. Much simpler.

Guest JMS

Mortars should not be used unless the people at the roadblock are unwilling to RP or comply. You should ALWAYS prioritize RP.

Exactly it could be done so much better for example RPing a 5 v 5 stand off the bandits don't want to leave and the CTC wanna destroy the roadblock there are so many more possibilities.

Admins can go invisible right ? TP invisible next to the roadblock and RP it out as a radio message coming through to the bandits speak in game and say "this is (CTC member) (rank)" you have 10 minutes to disband your roadblock or we will send in heavy armour. This would actually add some radio RP into the game which there isn't much off

This is honestly horrid RP. Jumping the gun and just straight out killing people.

I can't say I'm surprised though, this isn't the first time I've seen Thumper just kill 'for the lolz' rather than RP.

Very much reminds me of this: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-rp2-kos-tp-19-42-04-05-2014

This is not one person. This is not an attack on one admins. This is critizism towards the current system at the TP and CTC.

So please, do not bring up names. That will only cause a flamefest and the thread will be closed.

Guest JMS

Well we have to roadblock near TP because almost every person and clan sits in there protected by the rules so there is other option for roadblocks

I see this both ways. If you are going to make a roadblock quite near the TP, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that CTC would take force against them, even if it is outside of the immediate area. Mortars are the easiest way of force with no risk of casualties. Especially if the TP is undermanned at the time, you may not always be able to send a few guys to clear the roadblock up.

Having said that, I do think it would be better to roll up to the road block to talk to the people there personally about what they are doing. I would imagine all you have to do is threaten to ban them from TP if they don't take the roadblock down, or if they put one up in the area again. I would say that CTC should try to talk with them if they have the man power to do it, but if not, then mortars are acceptable.

Thank you Hofer for posting this. It explains way I posted my report 100%. I hope this helps and the admins realize that even an old Admin is posting this.

It's true though, you talk about them as one. But really, it's only 1 mans doings. It really should be the 'commiter' that you focus on. Rather than the group as a whole.

No, they are one.

If you can't tolerate that, don't post here. It will only cause the thread to be closed.

This is honestly horrid RP. Jumping the gun and just straight out killing people.

I can't say I'm surprised though, this isn't the first time I've seen Thumper just kill 'for the lolz' rather than RP.

Very much reminds me of this: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-rp2-kos-tp-19-42-04-05-2014

This is not one person. This is not an attack on one admins. This is critizism towards the current system at the TP and CTC.

So please, do not bring up names. That will only cause a flamefest and the thread will be closed.

It's true though, you talk about them as one. But really, it's only 1 mans doings. It really should be the 'commiter' that you focus on. Rather than the group as a whole.

... and that's Thumper? What do you base that on?

This may surprise you. But I actually understand where you are coming from. We will reserve the right to enforce the rules as we have clearly stated we will. But I am happy to give people a fair chance to either comply or resist in an RP way. The only issue becomes when people continually test our patience when you have specifically warned people against doing this.

I will personally try to verbally warn people first. But repeat offenders do not necessarily deserve that, they are likely just looking for a reaction. I mean lets be honest if you are threatened by mortars and you try it multiple times then you are asking to be hurt.

I also dislike the implication. An implication which I hope was not intended, it seems like people believe the admins do not give a toss about RP. When in reality the truth is that sometimes when can be protective of things that have required significant amounts of time to fully flesh out, only to have people basically defy stated rules. A certain amount of overreaction that was forewarned seems like it could be justifiable.

Like mentioned, we don't always have assets to run there and RP with people. If we do, we usually leave TP unguarded. 1 or 2 CTC guys telling a 10 man bandit group at their roadblock to move away or else? That's just silly.

You have ALL been warned in the TP introduction thread and in the TP guide that measures like these WILL BE used. I don't see why you're complaining now.

I see this both ways. If you are going to make a roadblock quite near the TP, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that CTC would take force against them, even if it is outside of the immediate area. Mortars are the easiest way of force with no risk of casualties. Especially if the TP is undermanned at the time, you may not always be able to send a few guys to clear the roadblock up.

Having said that, I do think it would be better to roll up to the road block to talk to the people there personally about what they are doing. I would imagine all you have to do is threaten to ban them from TP if they don't take the roadblock down, or if they put one up in the area again. I would say that CTC should try to talk with them if they have the man power to do it, but if not, then mortars are acceptable.

They could have brought a clan that the CTC were ok with to go check it out!

snip

That just sounds like it would cause way more problems then it's worth.

Have you talked to any one of here people? Are you involved in any of these reports?

I have apologized to each one of them, and made ammends for my mistakes on the ones I could. I don't appreciate your accusations. If you have a problem with me. PM me your concerns.

This may surprise you. But I actually understand where you are coming from. We will reserve the right to enforce the rules as we have clearly stated we will. But I am happy to give people a fair chance to either comply or resist in an RP way. The only issue becomes when people continually test our patience when you have specifically warned people against doing this.

I will personally try to verbally warn people first. But repeat offenders do not necessarily deserve that, they are likely just looking for a reaction. I mean lets be honest if you are threatened by mortars and you try it multiple times then you are asking to be hurt.

I also dislike the implication. An implication which I hope was not intended, it seems like people believe the admins do not give a toss about RP. When in reality the truth is that sometimes when can be protective of things that have required significant amounts of time to fully flesh out, only to have people basically defy stated rules. A certain amount of overreaction that was forewarned seems like it could be justifiable.

I see it this way, if you hear of or see a roadblock near by you should send out a BTR or 2 and RP with them and tell them to leave. If they say no, either use the BTRs to attack or use the mortars. If a guy in a BTR told me to leave I would leave instantly. But my point is that you shouldn't mortar them without ever saying a word to them, unless it's dickheads that just keep coming back.

snip

That just sounds like it would cause way more problems then it's worth.

Realistically I don't think the idea was totally thought out. It would cause problems.

Frankly if we did it the discussion would turn into "they didn't get KoS because they are different clans". Mark my words.

Stop banditing around TP, kind of sick of every bandit group having road blocks all around a safe zone and non stop patrolling it, whats the point of having a safe zone if your'e just going to rob anyone who leaves and enters? May not be fair to bandits but in the end it will lead to a safer area around TP and as of that more people visiting it