Server time (UTC): 2021-01-15, 23:26
Sign in to follow this  
Kiiwi

Zombie spawn mechanism (CONCEPT)

Please note: This is just an idea, i would like feedback on the idea itself and not on how it is stupid because it is impossible to script etc. (Which i doubt it really is.)

The situation now:

-You are in an area which spawns zombies.

-You make gun go boom and zombie head go splat.

-More zombies arrive, repeat boom

-Repeat.

-Until the end of time.

The situation in my dreams:

-You are in an area which spawns zombies.

-Gun go boom.

-More zombies arrive, more boom.

-The spawn points for the zombies count up to ~5 spawns and then they stop until all the players leave the area and it reloads.(Just like loot)

-The area is clear! Yay! For now... Of course the spawn points nearby that have not been exhausted will spawn zombies that roam into cleared area, thus not making it completely safe after all.

In my opinion, this would really boost the RP related to zombies, towns could be temporarily cleared, and all those bullets wouldn't be wasted.

Discuss.

If you have a group of zombies after you you can just run somewhere where they don't spawn and then kill them. Then they wont spawn again.

I never really had this problem.

This would not be possible without significant alterations to the base dayz code and spawning mechanics

This would not be possible without significant alterations to the base dayz code and spawning mechanics

I understand it requires effort, the thing i'm trying to accomplish here is getting to know the community's view on zombie spawns. I'll be sad if this thread just fills up with people telling me that: "This will not even be discussed because it won't happen with one line of code"

Thanks for the developers view, Tam, now other people can refrain from just repeating what you said. :D

After reading the OP (I must say, I do like this idea),

This is all I got from Tam's response...

chance.gif

There shouldn't be too many changes I don't think. Buildings currently have a 10 minute timer I believe. The main problem is that there are so many buildings, car wrecks etc that spawn zombies that it may seem like they are constant. Any building that spawns loot, will spawn zombies. I'll have a look at the code tomorrow and see what I can do.

It only seems logical, but only for smaller places like kamenka. any of the large towns like cherno would just be silly, before you could clear the whole town the timer would just reset. i love the idea but its not for everywhere.

Look forward to what Kravok and co can actually do. This would be a great step towards really differentiating the our mod from the original mod and others. <3

Would be so nice to have implemented. Not even because the constant flow of zombies is THAT annoying but I would really love to be able to clear out an area and have the zombies leave me alone at least until I've left the area.