Server time (UTC): 2021-01-16, 20:50
Sign in to follow this  
SatansNightOut

Emotes/Animations List

Do you think emotes/animations would be useful in RP?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't seem to find any mention of this when I used the search functions, but if I somehow missed a thread, my apologies.

Anyway! If any of you have ever played ArmA II: Life (Takistan, Cherno, Island Life), then you might remember being able to push "Y" (Or was it "T"?) to access a list of "Emotes" or animations, such as the generic repair/blood transfusion animation.

Anyway, you know where I'm going with this, if you've read thus far.

Some of the animations are downright ridiculous (handstands, and some of the dance animations---though the latter is debatable). Personally, I think it'd add much more to the roleplay, especially when you're hanging out, just socializing.

My personal favorite was the "Cross Arms" animation, which caused your character to stand there with their arms folded across their chest.

But being able to have a few options to choose from as "emotes" would be kinda neat, in my opinion.

21cfbih.jpg

Guest JMS

There used to be dancing but that's gone now I'm pretty sure would be a cool idea to have like the pistol play one where you point and shake the gun for hostage scenarios I suppose

Guest Icy

I was actually considering making the same suggestion a while ago. I'm completely supporting this after removing the trolling animations.

We should keep only the usefull ones, as you mentioned

Especialy he CPR one , as it could be usefull for medical stuff.

Otherwise stuff like

will happen

I was actually considering making the same suggestion a while ago. I'm completely supporting this after removing the trolling animations.

We should keep only the usefull ones, as you mentioned

Especialy he CPR one , as it could be usefull for medical stuff.

Of course, there are always going to be people that abuse the option, but I think it'd be useful.

Play dead?

Oh man that would be fun...

Play dead?

Oh man that would be fun...

Lmao. I think I'd definitely use it the next time a drone decided to circle me and some friends at a certain gas station... o_o

It's coming.

Some of these animations would be nice, but not all of them.

Had a few laughs with the dancing animation. Because it was so bugged.

It's coming.

Soon?

But nah this should be easy to do, if Rolle wants it expect it in the next proper patch

It's coming.

Soon?

But nah this should be easy to do, if Rolle wants it tomorrow

Fix'd.

I'd like to see this as you'll be able to express some of your characters feelings through actions instead of text ingame.

Guest John Le Bear

Dear god... that spelling errors on that list...

"Shew fly!"

Shoe fly?

I have no idea what half of those even do :D

"I'll follow you!" how is that an animation?

As for the suggestion though, +1 from me. Just no dance animation please, too much trolling with it last time.

+1 from me, it would add so much to the overall immersion on the server :)

I agree I especially like the boxing one shown :P

+1 From me as well, it would be nice to have emotes to fortify voice-based RP. Instead of text rp-ing everything it would be possible to express actions more clearly based on voice and animation.. On second thought, make that a +9000

There's one animation that looks like you're guiding a vehicle in, and it'd be perfect to use in the TP when you're letting cars in. "Keep moving, this way!"

It's coming.

Oh are you developing this one Rolle? :D

This is on a list of things to do. I was working on it at one point, but ran into a dead end so stopped development. Got a larger Dev team now so we should be able to work it out.

Make sure its a logical cut down list of them! As well as play dead, that will be a fantastic one, the RP with that will be untrue! :D

Maybe not some like dancing but the rest would be cool!

+ 1, the play dead could be used for ambushes now i think about it... play dead till they are close...

lol 'play dead', funny :D I vote yes, and whats wrong with dancing? I'd say keep dancing in there.

+1 This all the way! Animations are a nice change to the general standing around of our characters. Let them move!!!