Server time (UTC): 2021-01-20, 13:45
Sign in to follow this  

CTC KOS question.

If we had KOS rights on CTC and they are at the trade post would they be breaking their own rule? Or does it not apply to them?

I am asking about the outside. So if we get initiated on and we have KOS and they go back to tp are they breaking the rule?

Why would you have KOS rights on CTC?

Why would you have KOS rights on CTC?

We don't but just in case we do. Well you know. Maybe we initiate and they don't comply etc...

I suggest you to read the CR rules...

We can commit hostile actions in our camp without you getting KoS rights.

Everything CTC does is in the interest of protecting TP.

If we are forced outside the safe zone, you could call it a extended CR area.

CTC is not interested in robbing people.

I suggest you to read the CR rules...

We can commit hostile actions in our camp without you getting KoS rights.

Everything CTC does is in the interest of protecting TP.

If we are forced outside the safe zone, you could call it a extended CR area.

CTC is not interested in robbing people.

I am only asking about the outside, I know about the inside.

Well that's not really fair that we can't shoot them outside.

Guest magw33d

So, CTC are exempt from any hostile situations and rules that come with them, anywhere at any time?

No, that's not what I mean :)

Let's say there is a roadblock very close to the safe zone and CTC decide to go out there and ask them to leave and you don't comply and CTC are forced to use lethal force, of course you're allowed to fight back.

But in this case, be prepared that CTC will bring their heavy cavalry :)

And to answer your question:

CTC should try not to "flee" back to TP, but remember why the CTC is there in the first case.

It's a staff based clan there to protect the TP.

So, some rules might not apply to CTC.

So, some rules might not apply to CTC.

It'd be nice to know what rules specifically though. It surely is possible to gain KoS-rights on CTC (for example, they come to fuck up your roadblock). So when they go back to the TP, that causes problems, because according to the TP rules there can't be any hostilities, but according to the TP rules CTC shouldn't be there in the first place.

Some clarity would be good I think. It's not my intention to claim "aboose". I don't mind CTC being exempt from certain rules. They are a staff faction after all (though I hope you don't give too much power to the non-staff CTC members). All I want is clarity.

Yeah, I agree.

TP is new and there is as usual some scenarios that needs clarification...

Main point is that CTC isn't on the servers to fight clan wars..

I think it's pretty self explanatory that the staff faction can return to the TP they own even after hostilities, TP does not work like any other player run settlement.

Guest magw33d

This extended area needs to be clarified as well.

I approve of road blocks being destroyed that are nearby the trade post, but people need to know where that point extends to. There are a lot of roads that lead to the trade post, and countless roads around that pass it.

I think it's pretty self explanatory that the staff faction can return to the TP they own even after hostilities, TP does not work like any other player run settlement.

Then I hope you (as in CTC) will avoid hostilities as much as you can. What if a CTC member gets robbed somewhere (not in TP), a fight ensues and KoS rights are gained? This would again be an instance where the CTC could retreat to the TP.

And those that have KoS rights? How are they supposed to roleplay that? They stand for the gates of the TP and are left with their you-know-what in their hand.

I understand CTC has to be there, so I'm not asking you not to return. Just pointing out that it's potentially dangerous territory. I trust the admins to make sure it's all fair, and maybe even the GMs too, but I don't know how involved moderators, community helpers and even regular members are. Some of those are CTC too, right?

I already trust the staff not to go around baiting people.

I also trust Tomeran that he hire good people that also not going to bait people inside or outside TP.

We're there to protect, nothing else.

Here is a scenario my tired eyes hasn't seen mentioned.

CTC are rolling around on roads in say a ural. Another car decides to block the road and an initiation happens along with a firefight. All CTC die (unlikely but whatever). If the victors decide to visit the tradepost within the time period for KoS rights, what happens? Are they killed on sight, denied entrance, or what?

CTC are rolling around on roads in say a ural. Another car decides to block the road and an initiation happens along with a firefight. All CTC die (unlikely but whatever). If the victors decide to visit the tradepost within the time period for KoS rights, what happens? Are they killed on sight, denied entrance, or what?

That depends on what CTC deems necessary. Most likely you will get absolutely turbokerflonked and considered enemies 4 lyfe. I don't get these scenarios though, what we're trying to do here is have a nice time and peaceful RP in the TP, robbing CTC is quite counter productive, regardless of your RP background.

That being said, CTC do not have godmode on the server and are not untouchable, but you should be ready to face consequences of your actions.

That depends on what CTC deems necessary. Most likely you will get absolutely turbokerflonked and considered enemies 4 lyfe. I don't get these scenarios though, what we're trying to do here is have a nice time and peaceful RP in the TP, robbing CTC is quite counter productive, regardless of your RP background.

That being said, CTC do not have godmode on the server and are not untouchable, but you should be ready to face consequences of your actions.

If all CTC are killed at the scene of the roadblock they surely can't act upon it as they wouldn't have any knowledge due to death?

If all CTC are killed at the scene of the roadblock they surely can't act upon it as they wouldn't have any knowledge due to death?

I believe we are acting CTC as if there are hundreds of us online at a time to properly enforce TP. IRL and IC sense wise, one man cannot contain 20 people in an apocalypse so we employ and OOC imagination to "pretend" there are more CTC in TP than actually appears. (I can find the quote later if needed)

How that translates to NLR and the rules or what, I am unsure.

I believe we are acting CTC as if there are hundreds of us online at a time to properly enforce TP. IRL and IC sense wise, one man cannot contain 20 people in an apocalypse so we employ and OOC imagination to "pretend" there are more CTC in TP than actually appears. (I can find the quote later if needed)

In TP yes. But this was a scenario that played out outside the TP.

No offence Toorrik, but it might be good to be sure before you (as in CTC) continue to play in-game. :)

As a person that sits inside TP every day, I don't need to be sure on situations that happen outside of the TP as they do not concern me as a CTC defender.

I was simply stating that we employ an imaginary army for "RP purposes" and I wasn't sure how that translated into this situation and I'm sure someone that does know for certain will come along soon and state so.

As a person that sits inside TP every day, I don't need to be sure on situations that happen outside of the TP as they do not concern me as a CTC defender.

I was simply stating that we employ an imaginary army for "RP purposes" and I wasn't sure how that translated into this situation and I'm sure someone that does know for certain will come along soon and state so.

I don't mean you specifically. But I hear a lot of questions and only vague answers. You can't just bring in something like the CTC and TP and then say "we have more powers but we're not exactly sure what that means". That's kinda the case right now. All these questions should've been answered before this was brought into existence.

I know that's not on you, so sorry if it seemed like I was calling you out or something. I don't care who is or isn't to blame. That doesn't mean it's not an issue.

I was simply stating that we employ an imaginary army for "RP purposes" and I wasn't sure how that translated into this situation.

If you're telling me that CTC are always 100s of people even when outside TP, that would mean:

1. Metagaming: "Imaginary" soldiers around that survives, and hands over information.

2. NLR: Staff member A dies in the crash, goes back to take revenge and/or denies the offenders entry to the TP.

3. CTC "godmode": Nobody can EVER touch the CTC, not even when outside the TP. This gives them godmode and frankly, is ridicolous.

IF it is this way, I find this utterly silly and ridicolous. I understand the rules inside the TP, but outside? Not so much. The CTC should be killable, when they're patrolling. And tools should NOT be used by any admins outside the TP.

Guest Maggorra

I really do not see the problem in this. CTC has permission to use the CR rule to protect the TP, even if it is just outside the zone at a roadblock for example.

CTC will never abuse this rule to do bandit actions. (If so then I hope for good sake that they will be punished)

I was simply stating that we employ an imaginary army for "RP purposes" and I wasn't sure how that translated into this situation.

If you're telling me that CTC are always 100s of people even when outside TP, that would mean:

1. Metagaming: "Imaginary" soldiers around that survives, and hands over information.

2. NLR: Staff member A dies in the crash, goes back to take revenge and/or denies the offenders entry to the TP.

3. CTC "godmode": Nobody can EVER touch the CTC, not even when outside the TP. This gives them godmode and frankly, is ridicolous.

IF it is this way, I find this utterly silly and ridicolous. I understand the rules inside the TP, but outside? Not so much. The CTC should be killable, when they're patrolling. And tools should NOT be used by any admins outside the TP.

I can tell you now that no CTC will use god mode, in or outside the TP 100%.

Especially outside, if we are patrolling or whatever we are just as vulnerable to initiations and zombies as everyone else, just we can fight back harder.

I really do not see the problem in this. CTC has permission to use the CR rule to protect the TP, even if it is just outside the zone at a roadblock for example.

CTC will never abuse this rule to do bandit actions. (If so then I hope for good sake that they will be punished)

Bending the rules for TP's safety is fine. I have an issue with these imaginary soldiers and super-powers (aka ESP and tanks) to be abused outside of it.

Take it like men, fight the opposition legally.