Server time (UTC): 2021-01-20, 10:11
Sign in to follow this  
Guest King

Helis

Guest King

You said helis would be making their way back to Chernarus, still true? Any ETA?

It would be pointless to add them back in unchanged, so as far as I have heard they aren't coming back until then. They give whoever has them way too much power. I think once they are tweaked they will be in.

There have been a lot of threads on this subject. On every one I have seen, the devs have said in a recent patch, they will be re-added back in with significant changes to them less overpowered. With all the TP commotion, it probably was a slight set-back to helis, so I would be patient.

There have been a lot of threads on this subject. On every one I have seen, the devs have said in a recent patch, they will be re-added back in with significant changes to them less overpowered. With all the TP commotion, it probably was a slight set-back to helis, so I would be patient.

This is correct. I believe there will also be less helis on the map however that is unconfirmed and still under discussion.

Guest Shadow

49352619.jpg

:troll:

Isn't it nice how it is now though? Sure it's tons of fun to fly, but I like the calm skies like we have now. Especially now that we have added plenty of new vehicles and spawn points for them.

If we re-add helicopters I think that some restrictions should be added, like no 3rd person view in them, extensive amount of parts will be required to fix them or only whitelisted pilot characters will be able to fly them. Nothing is decided yet, we'll see how things develop in the coming weeks/months.

For now, you can get a ride with CTC or UEF when they are around and follow them on scavenging quests now and then.

Meh. I like having no helicopters. It levels the playing field significantly. Though I do miss them.

I agree with Rolle, when they were still in whoever had one of them juat had to fly along the borders of the map and found at least 2 vehicles,no matter how good they are hidden, they are just too op.

If we re-add helicopters I think that some restrictions should be added, like no 3rd person view in them, extensive amount of parts will be required to fix them or only whitelisted pilot characters will be able to fly them.

29o2680.jpg

If this gets set in then you are my angel Rolle.

only whitelisted pilot characters will be able to fly them.

I read this and wat'd.

Then I thought about it. It is actually a freaking awesome idea. Soooooo many implications. I like. I like a lot. +1000.

As Rolle said, we have many ideas (some more set in stone than others).

Rest assured they are actively being worked on and will make a return shortly, they will be VERY different however.

First I didn't like the idea of them removing helicopters but after a while I realised that flying planes is much more fun and more of a challenge. Maybe add some more types of airplanes instead? Cessna pliz

Ya whitelisted pilots sounds like a better Idea. Honestly, how does a random RP character know how to fly a helicopter? Sure, there will be a handful, but not nearly to the extent that actually use them (of which I myself am guilty of).

Isn't it nice how it is now though? Sure it's tons of fun to fly, but I like the calm skies like we have now. Especially now that we have added plenty of new vehicles and spawn points for them.

If we re-add helicopters I think that some restrictions should be added, like no 3rd person view in them, extensive amount of parts will be required to fix them or only whitelisted pilot characters will be able to fly them. Nothing is decided yet, we'll see how things develop in the coming weeks/months.

For now, you can get a ride with CTC or UEF when they are around and follow them on scavenging quests now and then.

1st person, yes.

Whitelisted pilot characters - Awh hell no, they're there for anyone to take if they have the means to.

1st person, yes.

Whitelisted pilot characters - Awh hell no, they're there for anyone to take if they have the means to.

Not everyone should be capable of flying a helicopter though.

1st person, yes.

Only bycicle should be open for all. Cars, planes, helicopters and even boats should be whitelist license only. Or would that take all the fun away? Yes. Plz, its a game. Lets keep it fun for everyone.

1st person, yes.

Only bycicle should be open for all. Cars, planes, helicopters and even boats should be whitelist license only. Or would that take all the fun away? Yes. Plz, its a game. Lets keep it fun for everyone.

Boat Controles

MIBS_DisplayICON_Controls800x600.jpg

Car Controles

Car-Controls-00761.jpg

Heli Controles

6158899782_464dec6a39_z.jpg

Imagin if someoen would come up to you and sed 'Hey sweety how about you fly this deathtrap with a million buttons over there will ya'

White Listed Pilots.

Makes mroe sense cause normal people cant fly those machines at all without a ton of training.

Also is it possible to disable autpilot cause no decent pilot will use it if the heli's are back.

Guest John Le Bear

Add these instead of helicopters?

snip

I get your point, but in that case should'nt there be different kinds of pilot licenses?

Some civies could have a helicopter pilot license, sure, but if that gives them knowledge how to control+fly a huey or Mi-17.. I doubt it.

Well the whitelisted pilots sounds a nice addition. People would have to have characters who had a background in aviation. But then again that would be abused since there is no enforcement on character backgrounds and it would end up in someone having a capability to always fly choppers even if they played a character who has no experience on it. Since character backgrounds aren't enforced having whitelisted pilots would be make no sense RP wise.

Add more civilian planes and choppers and 1st person only.