Server time (UTC): 2021-01-27, 06:28
Sign in to follow this  
monolith1985

arma reinstall - effect to dayzrp?

so lately ive been getting alot worse fps than normal, or ever, not just on RP but other dayz mods, even vanilla

it never used to be this bad, and no graphic changes or anything actually makes the fps better or worse than it is now

so i was thinking about reinstalling arma completely fresh, as ive installed and removed quite a few mods over the years and think maybe a clean up might help

but how does this affect me for dayzrp? will i need a new player ID or GUID? or will it all work as normal?

Solution: GUID and PID are bound to your ArmA 2 copy and will not change upon installation.

If you're reinstalling it, it should work just fine and you shouldn't have to change anything. I'd recommend having a copy of DayZRP saved before reinstalling.

Guest King

GUID is tied to your key, your player profiles will most likely be deleted though.

Your PID and GUID should be the same, I've reinstalled before and didn't have to change anything. Just make sure upon re installing you do the usual open Arma 2, Open OA, before attempting to start up DayZ.

Guest King

Get the information that you needed? Solved perhaps?

The only way your GUID and Player ID change is when you buy a new copy of the game by either using another Steam account or buying a physical copy of the game. Simply re-installing the game(s) will not effect them.

/Marking as solved.

sorry to bring this up again, but thought this would be better than starting a new thread

im reinstalling arma now, including all document files (my cfg's are messed up), and also my registered PID, isnt the first player profile on game originally, it was like the 3rd or 4th profile made. should that affect anything? should i make 3 or 4 profiles to try and get my PID? or are these the same across all player profiles. thanks :)

Player IDs are tied to your game, not player profile. You can create as many as you like without affecting your PID.

PID stays the same throughout all profiles