Server time (UTC): 2021-01-15, 17:18
Sign in to follow this  
Claude Parker

Blood Regen Idea

Would you Like to see a "Blood Regeneration System" implemented?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So it seems this topic has been discussed a lot, but has not been in a while. As far as i have seen no-one has ever come up with a good idea on how to regenerate some blood without having another player blood bag you. Everyone seems to conclude "Self Bloodbagging" which will obviously never happen considering it is a little over-powered, and we begin to step in the realm of DayZ Epoch and I don't want that just as much as the next guy. Our server is unique, and it would be fantastic if there was a way for us to regenerate a small portion of our blood without needing a blood bag or wasting precious inventory space to carry around a bunch of meat steaks. The other night I was reading a thread that suggested "Putting an arrow or knife in the wall to hang the blood bag from, thus letting you blood bag yourself." Again, I thought to myself "Well that seems a bit unrealistic, and still over-powered. How could you possibly give yourself a blood transfusion, all the while fighting zombies." I began to think about better ways we could have that would work as a good roleplay element, as well as a conveinient but not overly useful way to regen.

The following is my idea -

"I would love to see some sort of system implemented that allows players a chance to regenerate a reasonable amount of blood by themselves. Of course there is meat, and sure bloodbagging invokes good RP, but what if there was a middle ground? Not a self blood bag, it could be an "Enhanced Drug" that comes in a syringe which when intravenously injected allows the player the ability to regenerate 20-30% of your current health at the cost of sitting during the entire process. So for instance, you sit down, "Use" the syringe filled with drug, wait for animation to complete, then you must stay sitting for 10 minutes to let the drug take effect. This way you could add drawbacks like if you get up and start walking again before the 10 minutes have passed you will become ill and the regeneration will stop. We could also create a cool RP reason for the drugs existence. I.e - The Council found a combination of native plants that are ultra resilient against the virus, and when used in concentrate can allow the humans body to fight against any sort of blood or viral infection related to zombie injuries, for a short period of time."

I would love to hear opinions and suggestions on what to change, or overall better ideas.

I like the idea of naturally regenerating health, have it like rejen 3000 every 4 hours of playing in-game. Not exactly OP, but it would be a hell of a lot easier for lone players who dont have friends to blood bag them

I'm not sure if its doable But I feel if your food/water were both above 25% that you would slowly regen blood.

Or something along those lines

Its always been such a trouble to try and find someone who is willing to blood bag you with out interrupting their RP, and alternatively not finding anyone at all. Those zombies hit had, and Chernarus is a cold, unforgiving land.

*Edit* Poll added to get an idea of who likes or dislikes the idea.

Guest neom

Yeah this is a good idea BUT I can see people running off to the ass end of no where sitting under a tree and making a fire and going afk till there blood is full, of something like this was to be added we'd have to put a cap on re growth or make it so if your still it's slow as hell but if your moving it's fast as hell

I can see how it can be abused. Then again, we all abusr game mechanics even if we don't know it. Hiding in trees, having zombies walk slow in buildings to kill them, the list goes on.

I saw that if the person has above say 30% of their food and water meters filled, allow them to regenerate say 1 HP per 90 seconds or something.

So, sorta like the SA system? I would love this

+1

Just kill animals and cook meat :P

It would be nice to have this feature. But yeah it would have to be slow. As long as you keep yourself fed and you're not sick, you can regenerate overtime.

Just make sure to take sicknese in mind. You cant recover if you're sick.

Sorry... Im a traditionalist here... I believe it will take away a survivalist aspect of this game. I enjoy the feeling of close to death, no way out and the struggle for life.. It makes this feel more scary.. Blood regen would be nice if you implemented it in... I may even enjoy it but for me it will take away another challenge in this game.. Finding rabbit or animals are not hard and they encourage hunting rp imo.

A very slow regen would be acceptable... But if someone irl is shot or hurt... It should show and stick...

And if your solo imo its more fun... More of a fight and gives more fear to the zombies.

Maybe im picky...but thats how i feel.

Just kill animals and cook meat :P

Yeah, I can see how it would easily be taken advantage of, maybe we could make it really high risk for infection or for no effect at all, that way players can only use it if they are desperate for blood. As MentalGunz said, something like the Standalone would probably suffice, but a little less powerful maybe? Even if you are full on food and water can r only allow you 20% of your current health after 5-10 minutes of sitting. Maybe you need to be next to a "Tent and Campfire" and it can count as a "Comfort level" that way it can only work when you are far from battle. the only issue will the the encouragement of going afk while you regen which obviously is not something we want. Any ideas on how to prevent that?

I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of blood regen but -

it is possible on a technical level to make it slowly regen over time if conditions are met

I can see how it can be abused. Then again, we all abusr game mechanics even if we don't know it. Hiding in trees, having zombies walk slow in buildings to kill them, the list goes on.

I saw that if the person has above say 30% of their food and water meters filled, allow them to regenerate say 1 HP per 90 seconds or something.

Thumbs down for regen, but calling hiding in trees and going inside to fight zombies abuse? The zombies are just clumsy (they run in strange patterns, etc = weak perception of space) and they all seem to have a severe case of pine-needlephobia. All explainable.

On a serious note though, yes, these are all technically mechanic abuses, but try to imagine fighting these buffed up zeds without aboose. Only death can result from it. Daaamn yooou Aaarmaaaa! *Shakes fist*

it is possible on a technical level to make it slowly regen over time if conditions are met

Would this be hard to code or is it something that you could just cook up in a matter of minutes?

Also will it have an impact on the servers such as the server checking each and every person like "Can this guy regen? Nope. Okay, Can this guy regen? Yep. Okay" so on and so forth.

Would this be hard to code or is it something that you could just cook up in a matter of minutes?

Also will it have an impact on the servers such as the server checking each and every person like "Can this guy regen? Nope. Okay, Can this guy regen? Yep. Okay" so on and so forth.

Could get running in like 10 mins yeah :)

Not sure about performance issues though, would have to test.

Ah okay, and what kind of numbers are you currently thinking? Like 5 HP a second or something?

Ah okay, and what kind of numbers are you currently thinking? Like 5 HP a second or something?

I'm not thinking anything :P I just said it was technically possible.

Personally I'm not sure about it, I mean it makes sense but would likely take away one of the only things which requires player interaction

Personally I'm not sure about it, I mean it makes sense but would likely take away one of the only things which requires player interaction

But the most common interaction when it comes to that is "Do you have a blood bag?" "Yes" "Can you give it to me then?" *Does transfusion* "K. Thx. Bai"

That is normally what happens when people are low on blood and need a bloodbag. Or they just kill themselves if they are in a bad spot and have nothing of real value and just hope for a better spawn.

But the most common interaction when it comes to that is "Do you have a blood bag?" "Yes" "Can you give it to me then?" *Does transfusion* "K. Thx. Bai"

That is normally what happens when people are low on blood and need a bloodbag. Or they just kill themselves if they are in a bad spot and have nothing of real value and just hope for a better spawn.

Well that last one will be solved soon

OOOOHHHH, Plz tell me goob. I needz 2 kno. y u kep secret from me?

But seriously? Are we talking soon as in Hotfix or as in next major patch?

I really hate people that just come over and are like "Give bloodbag, I iz low"

NExt patch, anything new is not hotfix, hotfix is for fixing bugs :)

And when might this next patch be and do not say Soon otherwise I will KoS you in-game and teabag you and proceed to get banned..

Nah but, when is the next patch coming roughly? And care to give us a little sneak peak as to what is in store for us in it?

And when might this next patch be and do not say Soon otherwise I will KoS you in-game and teabag you and proceed to get banned..

Nah but, when is the next patch coming roughly? And care to give us a little sneak peak as to what is in store for us in it?

No sneak peeks sorry

But personally I'm trying for a patch every monthish, no promises mind, who knows what might happen. We haven't even really started work on it yet :)

No sneak peeks sorry

But personally I'm trying for a patch every monthish, no promises mind, who knows what might happen. We haven't even really started work on it yet :)

Are you all pooped out over the TP? Also who decides in the end what gets added into the patch? Is it all the developers coming to an agreement of what gets added or does Overlord Rolle just come in with a tank and be all like "REMOVE THAT FEATURE NOW!" after you spent 10+ hours adding that feature?