Server time (UTC): 2021-01-16, 20:45
Sign in to follow this  
Vector

Look Up, A Spoken Word

[video=youtube]

Description 'Look Up' is a lesson taught to us through a love story, in a world where we continue to find ways to make it easier for us to connect with one another, but always results in us spending more time alone.

So I recently seen this popping up alot on social media sites (Ironic?)

It's a powerful story, well at least to me and I feel it might inspire some emotion and possible some need for reflection on other members.

Please comment below on how this has made you feel, Did it cause you to pause for thought ?

That's a nice video! Gonna pass this around.

That's a nice video! Gonna pass this around.

That's the reason I posted it here, thought it deserved some more exposure :)

Saw it spammed on my facebook wall a week ago, its a nice video indeed.

Saw it spammed on my facebook wall a week ago, its a nice video indeed.

That's the same way I found it, Not your Facebook totally not stalking you lol

and possible some need for reflection on other members.

joe-biden.gif

Forgive me for being a bit cynical... Yeah, we are all wasting our time and whatnot. God knows I am. It's just that videos like this always overdramatize it. We're all dumb? Lazy, perhaps. But there's actually a lot of knowledge to be gained on the internet. We have access to pretty much everything. That's special. And real connections are possible. Who is this guy to say that a friendship over the internet isn't worth as much as a friendship "IRL"? Maybe that's the case for him, but he should speak for himself.

Then he goes on to show all kinds of stuff that apparently you will never experience when you are on the internet often... Surely I can meet a stranger on the street still? Surely I can get on dates, marry, have a baby? Not to mention the fact there are countless of ways to "miss opportunities" besides looking at your smartphone.

I know it's a symbolical message but it just seems a bit pretentious.

Though that doesn't mean I shouldn't be spending way less time on the internet than I do know. And by posting this you are basically telling people to leave DayZRP. :D

[video=youtube]

I glad you can see this from another perspective and oh god no I dont wish anyone to leave.the internet has helped me develop in so many ways from spelling to knowledge.there is a wealth of things I have learned from the internet and it is a big part in my life that I am greatly appreciative for. My reason for sharing this video was because it made me pause for thought. How many of us could have walked past the live of our lives or missed out on a great friendship due to our need to stay connected? We could also argue that the internet has even delivered these same things to others. The internet and social interaction has gave people access to knowledge and tools we may not have ever known of.

Most of my friends actually started as 'internet friends'. Luckily I dont live in a big country like the majority of people here, and over the years of me playing games I have met a lot of people. And I am happy to say that most of my online friends became actual real friends that I still see every week in person. So yeah, it isn't entirely true and people spending their time on the internet definitely has some positive sides to it as well. Perhaps we are actually more social than before, because of the internet we mostly tell how we view something, we are fair and lie less than when we are speaking to someone in real life.

Perhaps this is viewed to becoming less social, but I think we are actually a lot more social. Marrying someone because you asked them for directions is just a silly fantasy story, the odds of that happening or anything similar like that is waaaaaaaay too small to be relevant. But the odds of finding the perfect husband or wife online is a lot higher.