Server time (UTC): 2021-01-25, 13:38
Sign in to follow this  
Kraith

Backpacks and Rules

So on some skins backpacks don't appear. So during being initiated, you have 2 choices if you have one.

Choice A: Keep it, and say you don't have one (power-gaming)

or

Choice B: Sort of break roleplay, and drop it.

What other routes are there?

So on some skins backpacks don't appear. So during being initiated, you have 2 choices if you have one.

Choice A: Keep it, and say you don't have one (power-gaming)

or

Choice B: Sort of break roleplay, and drop it.

What other routes are there?

Well if you go with choice A you are going to get reported and how is choice B breaking roleplay?

Having initiated on a good amount of people, I will say that for those who use skins that don't show backpacks, a lot of the time they choose not to drop it when told to. I personally consider it bad RP, as people who don't wear skins that hide backpacks don't have the same advantage, but I just work with it in game. If you are successfully robbed, they will eventually find out you still have it on (unless they are sloppy). If I catch somebody with one after they were told to drop it, I take note of it when we decide what to do with them.

As far as other options, there really aren't any. If you do wear a skin that hides backpacks, I would just be considerate to the bandits and drop it unless you plan on immediately fighting back.

It is indeed abusing game mechanics as some skins do not show a backpack. You can be reported and punished for doing this. Your robbers can still tell if you are wearing a backpack simply by being next to you and may shoot you for non compliance. It is best to drop your backpack when told to at gunpoint.

/solved

If you feel strongly about your skin not showing a backpack then do not use one. As stated above, choice A is a no-no. Fair is fun though. :)

Just for sexy details here;

The reason some skins don't show backpacks is that it depends ok which model they use. Backpacks were only introduced in OA really so the default ARMA 2 model does not have the MLODs releases to support a backpack, this is also true for the ARMA 1 MLODs which are now public for moddera and the basis of most skins.

Some people use the correct ARMA 2: OA model and retexture it, then release it as a new unit and these one shoe backpack.

But even using a skin that did show my backpack, I still try my luck at keeping it on so I don't understand why it would be breaking the rules if it doesn't show. I mean, how hard is it to check?

It's better to play it safe and just drop it. Yeah, its kinda weird, but its better than trying to RP it out when they go up to you and say "WHY YOU STILL HAVE YOUR BAG COMRADE?!" even though your skin doesn't show it.

Also I hate the shapes of most bags, mainly the 22 slot and Czech bags. Ew

Guest JMS

Or you meet the friendly robbers who let you keep your bag :P