Server time (UTC): 2021-01-19, 21:10
Sign in to follow this  
SwiftyPoo

Skin Sales

So Aundre and I were driving around and we were thinking it would be a good idea if there were like weekly skin sales or something like that. I think it would actually be a good idea and encourage people to buy skins. Or you could do something like a vote, people vote for what skin(s) should be on sale each week or month.

Well, you dont BUY skins, you get them as a thank you for donating. -1 to this idea.

Well, you dont BUY skins, you get them as a thank you for donating. -1 to this idea.

Yeah, you're kind of right.

Maybe? I don't know, it could be a nice thing for people who don't have much money spare to donate. We do get a free skin sometimes for holiday and stuff though which is cool.

It's a nice idea in some respects but I dont think it'll happen. The system works fine the way it is.

I don't think skin sales would be a very good idea, it would kinda suck for those that have already bought the skins + the skins are a gift for donating.

Only possible kind of skin sale I could see being likely is for maybe 1-2 days when a new skin is released, it is half price, and then goes to full price never to be on sale again?

Maybe every 500 post you get a small percentage off a skin? Or maybe you get it from time spent ingame?

Guest John Le Bear

Meh, skins are not even expensive, how much cheaper to you want them?

Couldn't agree more :)

the other week I turned blue the first question I got was what skins did you buy you were only yellow recently. I responded with none I just wanted to donate. :)

I dont think there are enough to be able to properly do it :P

#cut4clanskins

#cut4clanskins

:no:

What's the point? Your not buying anything, your just giving a gift to the server.

#cut4clanskins

:no:

1397.gif

Got to agree with Hofer.

The reason you donate is to give money to the server and to keep the community going. The “Donation exchange credit“ you get is simply a perk. If you dont want to donate a lot dont its as simply as that. You shouldn‘t be donating simply to get a new skin.

A discount off of 5€? Ill just say no. Because that is silly.

I believe this has already been answered somewhere, current exchange code does not allow "sales", the prices for each item are static. Would require a major rewrite of the code and I'm too busy to do it currently.

I believe this has already been answered somewhere, current exchange code does not allow "sales", the prices for each item are static. Would require a major rewrite of the code and I'm too busy to do it currently.

Okay, thanks for the feedback.

Guest John Le Bear

Are you not able to just change the prices manually though? Such as £10 for a skin could become £7

I dont care for sales, just curious :P

Are you not able to just change the prices manually though? Such as £10 for a skin could become £7

I dont care for sales, just curious :P

Like I said, it doesn't work that way ;) It's bad software design at it's best, but I was just a beginner PHP programmer when I wrote the exchange almost 2 years ago.