Server time (UTC): 2021-01-19, 20:40
Sign in to follow this  
Conor

A Tale of Two.

*Conor finished lighting the fire before leaning his pack on a tree and sitting against it. From his thigh pocket he pulled out a worn but unused leather bound book, a stubby pencil and from it's sheathe on his belt he drew his knife. He looked at Sam who just sighed in disapproval at the fact of Conor keeping a 'Diary'.

After using the knife to sharpen the pencil he placed the blade next to him and opened the book to it's first page, at the top of of the page he began to write*

My name is Conor, I think I am 18 years old, I have lost track of the date now but that's what I go with. I have been surviving out here since the beginning, just Sam and I... This is a recollection of my travels if you will, a diary of probably not so epic proportions!

A tale of Two.

*He draws a line across the page under this header*

Entry Number 1: I am writing a journal! What is this!?

I don't know how or why I am doing this or how to start this off but here goes...

Once more unto the breach!

We went hunting again today! We had almost run out of fresh meat so Sam took the lead and off we went. Managed to bag ourselves two rabbits and a small goat! I never used to like rabbit but now the taste has grown on me... I think it's my favorite! I have gotten bored of eating the same tins of beans or pasta day after day that rabbit is a bit of a treat! As well as the kills Sam made we also found a man... or rather, what was left of him... His backpack and pockets had been turned out by previous people who had discovered him, I decided to just leave him there but Sam gave his pockets one final pat down and managed to find this notebook! A small thing, the covers made from some good leather and it is fresh! Not a single letter written in it yet. I decided that I would keep it and use it as a sort of Journal... and here I am (I still don't know why I am doing this, Sam thinks it pointless and won't stop ridiculing me for it).

Anyway, Sam has been getting on my nerves today, he has been acting up more than usual, I thought the hunting earlier would have settled him, it usually does. Although I think it is more of the kill at the end rather than the hunt itself...

This environment has changed him a lot, I mean, it's changed everyone, myself included but it has been taking his toll on him greatly.

-I need to stop getting distracted! Right, back to today's events:

After Sam gutted the carcasses I wrapped up the meat and stuffed it into the bottom of my bag, that way the smell shouldn't leak out and attract any unwanted party guests in the night.

We trekked for about three hours, not going anywhere in particular, just walking... then I spotted this place. A small clearing in the trees where the ground around it is dry and the leaves crunch underfoot, a useful proximity alarm for the duration of our stay. Even if I am asleep, the crunching of leaves would wake Sam, he is an extremely light sleeper, always the first one awake... I can count on him to wake me if there's trouble, he always does! Although there have been some situations where I swear he is trying to get us both killed!

I mean, he is my closest friend, but my arch nemesis... He has stuck with me through more shit than I could have done alone!

(Even though he causes over half the situations we get into...)

But those stories are for another entry, another day.

Right now, I am going to just sit back by the fire with Sam, wait for this rabbit to cook before having a bite to eat and hitting the hay!

//This is my first attempt at doing anything like this and I welcome all constructive criticism! If you guys like it I will write more stories about my travels!

Keep going man, can't wait to learn more about your character.

This is awesome, dude. Keep going. :D

Very nice.

Welcome to the roleplay threads ;) once you start here it never stops.. Great post to... Keep it up conor, your becoming quiet the rper.

Nice to have some extra insight into your character. Looking forward to the next one.

//This was written by Conor, several months after his first journal entry before he left the northern forests and headed down towards the main part of Chernarus

*Unable to sleep, Conor reaches over to his backpack, pulling from the side pocket the small book and pencil before sitting up and in the light of the fire, begins to write*

Today was an interesting day... we heard from a group of men we met that there were people still surviving down south! Since the outbreak all Sam and I have done is wander the woods as far from the undead population as possible but we discussed it a bit this evening whilst we were waiting for our food to cook and we think we will head south tomorrow and see what the fuss is all about.

It will be interesting to go back there, especially if I end up near Chernagorsk. We haven't been back to that city since we left with Lucy and Isabelle at the start of the outbreak.

Today Sam was quite quiet for once... he normally never shuts up but today he was different. Thank god! Giving me a break at last to just sit and relax, hence why I have the time now to write this. It must have been at least a few months since I wrote here for the first time. I mean to make them more frequent. I might be able to write about the adventures Sam and I have down south, that being if we don't get torn limb from limb by the dead. 'Fuck it! Let 'em try' as Sam always says to me, I can't help but fear he will get us both killed one day. He's always getting into danger, doing things he shouldn't... I woke up the other day and he was just covered in blood yet he wouldn't tell me what happened, only that it wasn't his...

He knows how to take care of himself, as do I.. I am just cautious of the people we might meet. The men we met today told us about some different groups of people that have banded together to survive, although some seem to be using this apocalypse as an excuse to get away with murder... literally!

I think it will be a steep learning curve meeting new people again, integrating into whatever form of society still exists, however many months or years it has been living out here can't have done any good for my social skills, but it will be interesting none the less.

Anyway, It's late and we are planning to leave heading south early tomorrow so I think I am going to end this one here and get some sleep, I will write again tomorrow once reach our destination, wherever we end up.

I'm glad that I read through these, I certainly know more about you than I did before. I'll make sure to cook you up some rabbit next time we meet.

I'm glad that I read through these, I certainly know more about you than I did before. I'll make sure to cook you up some rabbit next time we meet.

You better or I'll get Sam to cut you. :P

Soon...

*After firmly barricading the door to the abandoned house he had decided to take shelter in, Conor sat down under the window; using what little moon light shone through to see he pulled out his pencil and journal, opening it to the next fresh page he began to write*

It has been a very strange week, here we sit, inside a house that once belonged to someone.

We came south as we discussed last week, it was quite a trek but we made it, Sam kept complaining, he hates walking long distances. We did see some people with working cars but they wouldn't stop to give us a lift.

Eventually we found a town, Krasnostav the signs read, at least I can still remember what little Chernarussian I learnt at school. Apart from road signs and the odd greeting I think I will just stick to English.

There were some men who were at the airstrip near the town, we went over to say hello and despite the rumors about people nowadays they were very nice, they gave us some food and a spare canteen of water and said they were waiting for their friend to arrive in his car. We spent about half an hour chatting before their friend arrived. They said they could give me a lift to Stary Sobor, and a small place north of it called Prud, they said this is where alot of people go to hang out. Of course I accepted this offer and off we went!

It was quite weird driving through some of the places I haven't seen since the outbreak, how ever long it has been... It brought back some memories. I might be English but since I moved here age 7 this feels mroe like home to me, I can hardly remember England at all!

The men dropped me off at the edge of Stary Sobor, from there I said my farewells to them and set off, they told me of some military tents where I might be able to find some gear, I still have my backpack and knife etc. But I could do with a ranged weapon again, even if it was just a handgun.

Sam and I trundled up the hill and found this encampment of tents, aswell as its inhabitants of the undead... We managed to sneak around without many of them catching wind of us, the ones that did Sam quickly and quietly dispatched before the others noticed any commotion. It payed off though! I managed to find myself two weapons, a nice handgun, Sam says it is a Sig P226; he knows alot about weapons and the like, aswell as that I found an american rifle, an M4! Both of these had quite a significant amount of ammunition which is always good. After gathering some more supplied from the town, food, drinks, some more bandages and medical stuff we set of north to find this place, Prud. I will write again once I have seen this place for my own eyes.

So... Yesterday we found this place called Prud; it is a little lake with a small camp next to is, well, a small hut, some mats to sit on and a fire. There is a boat house on the lake, which takes up over half the lake, making it rather pointless but oh well.

There were quite a lot of people at Prud, a man named 'Cardinal' gave me a machete which I was grateful for, I have needed something like that for a long time... something that has a bit of reach between me and the dead, unlike my knife, but is equally effective. I got chatting to quite a few people when all of a sudden I was turned on! There was one man there called 'Red Eyes' (He had a gas mask with red eye lenses in) who had a huge machine gun! Some sort of belt fed thing! He kept trying to get people in the camp to kill us, like some sort of Lynch mob! They kept saying I was crazy.

Sam dragged me into the house there where two guys who didn't want to kill me stood outside, stopping people from coming in.

After a while it died down a bit, we ventured back outside and met this guy called Derek, seemed like a nice guy and he didn't want my head on a stake so I asked him if I could accompany him, just until we got out of the camp. That way people might not follow me if they think I had someone protecting me.

We ended up meeting with a friend of Derek, Brynn her name was, nice girl, we took a little trip down south of Novy Sobor in the forest where we made a camp fire, cooked some food and just spent the whole night talking, Derek told some jokes, Brynn sang a song. It was great! More fun than I have had in a long time!

The next day I left and went off with Sam on our own again, and that's where I am now.

There was a guy at Prud the other day called Chris. Irish guy, played guitar and sang. I might go and see if I can find him later because he was quite a nice guy so we'll see. Might make a few more friends in this place, some people that don't want to kill me for no reason.

Anyway, I better catch some sleep. Sam has already nodded off and I feel like I am about to join him! It has been a long and interesting week.

*Conor closed the journal, placing it with the pencil in the side pocket of his rucksack before pulling up his hood and laying down to fall asleep*

*Conor hoisted himself up into the tree, testing the branches before climbing higher. After settling on a sturdy branch with his back against the trunk he took out his journal and put pen to paper.*

A lot has happened since I last wrote in here.

The major event I would say was meeting quite a few new groups.

Some groups are comprised of various military organizations, others are just people like myself, banding together in some futile attempts to survive this nightmare.

I was at Prud Lake the other day, when some russian men. Sorry, Chernarussian men, showed up. They said they were the wolves or something, a group named Volki.

They seemed reasonably friendly, they gave out their radio frequency to some people, including myself, telling us to contact them if we saw any hostile groups in the area.

~

We stuck around the lake for a little while longer before heading off and surprise surprise, we found some of the people that the Volki had been speaking of. They bumped into me just outside the town of Guglovo, we had a little chat with them before they told us to go with them. Immediately my suspicions were aroused. They said they were taking us to make a camp and cook some food... I didn't trust them.

I let them run ahead and followed them from a bit of a distance, giving me the opportunity to program in that frequency that Volki gave me.

We ended up at this barn in the middle of nowhere, just Sam, myself, these two guys.

A third eventually showed up in a car so I told them I had to leave, just as I was walking out the door I was met with a phenomenal noise!

"THIS IS THE SERYE VOLKI! DROP YOUR WEAPONS ON THE GROUND OR YOU WILL BE SHOT!"

The stupid men tried to run, the gunfire was immense, it was over in about a minute, all three men dead. Sam and I unscathed thank god!

I gave my thanks to the wolves and we left them to flock around the corpses.

*Conor looks up at the full moon through the leaves, his eyelids are growing heavy... He slumps backwards against the tree trunk, the book and pencil falling into his lap as he slips away into a state of repose*

They know who we are. They approached us at Prud. Claiming I am a Volki spy... A SPY?! I met the wolves only briefly about half an hour before the incident! Now I am branded a spy. This just gets better and better doesn't it!

They tried to get us to go with them, claiming they just wanted a peaceful little chat chat. Pfft, of course!

Sam told them where they could shove that idea, that made everyone at the lake smile a bit. There was no way I was going anywhere with them, they blamed me for their friends death! I don't see how it was my fault, I didn't fire a shot, their friends were the ones on the offensive.

They eventually left us alone, threatening to find us when we are alone somewhere. Sure, we'll see about that!

After this a man told us that those men were from the BHM... Stands for Black Hat Militia... Rather stranger due to only one of them, the grumpy one, was actually wearing a black hat... but oh well, their fashion style is not for us to judge.

I don't really know what else to write for today, I think we will just go and find a boar to kill, Sam keeps going on about wanting some bacon for breakfast and of course, I have to fulfill his every wish before he bores me to death with his incessant moaning.

*He closes the book, placing it back into the side pocket of his rucksack along with the stubby pencil.

He stands up, lifting his pack onto his shoulders and picks up his rifle, checking the safety is on and there is a round in the chamber he quickly pats down his belt, making sure everything is there still, brushing his hands over the hilt of his knife before beginning to walk off towards the edge of the treeline he has spent the past night in.

"Come on Sam", He quips, "Lets go find ourselves some bacon!"

And with a smile on his face he sets off into the early morning light.*

//Now I have started getting into actual events that have happened to me in game it should get fun :P Hope you enjoy and please let me know what you think

I see Amy isn't the only one who spends her time in the trees to write. ^_^

Nice annals, thus far, but one thing made me curious: Conor was from England before. Did he like living there?

The reason I ask is because when I moved from Los Angeles, CA, to Oregon, it was a life-changing experience, and it was about 8 years ago. But I remember every detail of home, from the smell of the dirty beach to the sound of seagulls. I loved home and missed home, and it's like a treasure stuck in my memory.

Now, moving one state up in the same country might not sound the same as moving to a different country altogether---but let me assure you: The culture, people, style and even some of the language is so different here where I live than it was in California. :P

I'd imagine if Conor was as fond of his home as I am, he'd probably have a good memory of all the things that he experienced growing up.

But then again, if he hated it... he'd probably try his best to forget it. ^_^

Just speculating!

Good read. <3

I see Amy isn't the only one who spends her time in the trees to write. ^_^

Nice annals, thus far, but one thing made me curious: Conor was from England before. Did he like living there?

The reason I ask is because when I moved from Los Angeles, CA, to Oregon, it was a life-changing experience, and it was about 8 years ago. But I remember every detail of home, from the smell of the dirty beach to the sound of seagulls. I loved home and missed home, and it's like a treasure stuck in my memory.

Now, moving one state up in the same country might not sound the same as moving to a different country altogether---but let me assure you: The culture, people, style and even some of the language is so different here where I live than it was in California. :P

I'd imagine if Conor was as fond of his home as I am, he'd probably have a good memory of all the things that he experienced growing up.

But then again, if he hated it... he'd probably try his best to forget it. ^_^

Just speculating!

Good read. <3

Conor moved from England to Chernarus when he was 7. He wasn't particularly fond of his life in England due to certain factors (spoilers :P) but compared to Chernarus England was good.

He tries not to dwell on the past too much, instead just focusing on surviving day to day life!

Glad you enjoy reading them, thanks for the feedback :D

I see! Good to know, OOCly. ;P

Now to pry open some dark little secrets ICly...

I see! Good to know, OOCly. ;P

Now to pry open some dark little secrets ICly...

Haha, you can try!

:P

I know enough already IC... I behold all secrets IC!!" muahahhahahahahhahahahaaha .. No really.. Good reads man.. You soon will be up to date.

I know enough already IC... I behold all secrets IC!!" muahahhahahahahhahahahaaha .. No really.. Good reads man.. You soon will be up to date.

You know nothing Jon Snow....

Well, maybe you know a bit, but not details, only the basics.

:P

*Looking down at the pair of undead lurkers at the base of the tree, watching him, gnashing their mangled jaws as he sat there in the tree, out of reach. Conor snapped off several small twigs, throwing them at the zombies, letting a small smile out as he watches their reaction to being hit, pawing at the air, snarling as they watch him, longing to sink their teeth into him.

"If only you could climb trees too... we could have a nice little tea party up here" He murmurs to himself before sitting back, taking out his book and pencil and starting to write.*

Chris and I went on a little adventure with some people yesterday. There was a man named Michael, he was nice, a big guy with a gas mask, he said his name was 'Red Eyes'... his gas mask had red lenses in it. He was actually the ring leader of the group of people that wanted to lynch us back at prud the other day. But all grudges aside, he apologized and seems like a nice guy. Sam still doesn't trust him much.

There were a few more of us and together we managed to relieve a man of his van. He seemed nice when he stopped for us, quickly dropped his stuff after red eyes pointed his M240b at the back of his head. We let him keep all his belongings, telling him to collect them after we left. All we wanted was his van, it was a nice van too, suspension was a little hard but other than that it was a nice ride.

We set off down the coast where someone. Not going to point fingers. Managed to burst the tire on the curb!

I was so annoyed, it was starting to turn out like a good day aswell!

Some people went off looking for a spare tire as there wasn't one in the van and whilst we waited around, Chris, myself and Michael were met by a man named Doctor Matt.

Chris said that he knew him and this man was not to be trusted... I couldn't see why, he seemed like a nice chap. Kept yapping on about having to get to a meeting to discuss the problem with Volki... I had no idea who this guy was but Chris hatched a plan to subdue him. He started to leave so I jogged after him, caught his attention and whilst Chris and I spoke to him, Sam managed to cover his face with a chloroform laced rag! He was out like a light!

We dragged his unconscious form up off of the road into the trees, we had to be careful because we thought his friends might come looking for him if he was late for his meeting.

I had a little chat with him when he woke up, asked him why he didn't like Volki. Turns out he wasn't a nice man after all, just kept swearing at me! I stopped trying to be nice and just ignored him whilst Chris tried to contact someone on his radio, someone he said would be interested in Doctor Matt.

We waited around and not before long a van pulled up and Chris' friend jumped out. A man named Staggs.

Alex was with him too! I might not have mentioned Alex, I met him a few times at Prud, he is really nice.

Anyway, Staggs and Alex drove him off whilst we followed, they ended up having a little chat with him and Staggs let Sam shoot this man in the legs. He seemed to enjoy that... I suppose it's nice to have a bit of fun every once in a while, although, I still don't understand how he finds stuff like that fun, I mean, I don't have a problem with stuff like that, I have seen much worse in this fucked up world but he actually ENJOYS it. I don't know...

When ever I try and speak to him about it he just either avoids the question or just shrugs and tells me everyone has their kicks...

Everyone has their kicks yeah but I mean, what most people do for fun does not involve killing stuff, maiming things. He is always playing with this cut throat razor he found, any chance he gets to slice something up with it he does!

~

Staggs is a really nice guy, I mean, he is a bit strange, he keeps making this annoying clicking sound with his mouth, but he is nice.

I ended up leaving with him after he was finished with Matt. We drove around for a bit, picked up a friend of his who had just woken up.

She too was... interesting... Daisy her name is. Wears a gas mask, for what reason I don't know, Sam kept mentioning the fact there's no gas around, so there must be another reason she chooses to hide her visage.

However she seems to have quite a knack for violence and shooting stuff. Sam and her should get along nicely.

We drove around for the rest of the day, getting up to various shenanigans and what not. It was actually a really fun day for once in a while, I actually enjoyed a day for once instead of is just being the usual depressing slog to survive.

Staggs and Daisy seem like they could make some good friends. I will have to meet up with them again.

As for today, absolutely nothing happened. Sam and I just walked around Berezino all day before we got chased into the woods by a horde. There's only two of them left now watching me sit here and write however I think I am going to get some sleep.

*Conor pulls his trusty P226 from its holster on his thigh, he thumbs off the safety before leaning down and aiming it zombies.

"Sleep tight" He whispers before gently squeezing the trigger.

Two shots echoed through the night, the spent casings fall from the tree landing next to the crumpled corpses of the undead.

He pushes the safety back on before holstering the pistol. He slides the book and pencil into the thigh pocket of his combat trousers.

He pulls his hood up and his cap down over his eyes before leaning back against the tree trunk and falling asleep.*

//Hope you enjoyed this one. For the next one I am going to be trying something different because it's quite an interesting event.

"Get up!"

Conor slowly regained consciousness. He was lying on his front in a pool of water, a strong wind chilling him to the bone.

It was almost light, he slowly tried to push himself to his feet, an intense pain shot through his left arm and shoulder, he crumpled back to the ground.

He took another look at the pool of liquid he was laying in. It was a deep shade of red, not water.

Blood.

He rolled onto his back, raising his hand to the source of the immense pain in his shoulder.

A deep gash, ran across his shoulder, front to back. Blood had covered most of his body, the wound however was not bleeding with any ferocity, not anymore at least. Now it was just a slow seep.

"You're lucky that hasn't severed any major blood vessels!" Sam stated.

Conor ignored him and quickly checked the rest of himself for any injuries. None. Just the horrific hole in his shoulder.

He struggled to his feet, using the ramparts of the castle to steady himself, he looked around, examining his surroundings. He was on top of a castle, the sun was beginning to rise to the east.

He started to stumble down the stairs, leaning on the wall for support as he descended.

He reached the bottom, tripping and falling the last few steps. Crying out in pain he regained his footing and made his way to the door.

Once outside he quickly scanned the area, it was quiet, only the chirps of the early morning birds to hear. He listened carefully, the faint sound of waves crashing against the shore could be heard faintly in the distance.

"This way", Sam instructed and they set off towards the coast.

~

He stumbled down the hill onto the road, his right hand covering the wound whilst his left arm hung limp by his side. He glanced up and down the road, spotting a road sign he hobbled over to it.

'Электро3аводск'

"Lived here for eleven years, I always thought the language was stupid. Good thing I remember some of it...", He muttered under his breath before he set off down the road towards Elektrozavodsk. Sam offering words of encouragement.

"This way Conor, come on. Keep going!"

~

He limped down the main street, turning towards the hospital. A small trail of blood had followed him on the ground all the way from the castle.

He climbed through one of the broken windows in the hospital front. Falling to his knees in front of a cardboard box. Tearing open the top to find it empty. He crawled across the floor to a second box. This time he was lucky. He opened it and found several bandages and a packet of gauze.

He wasted no time in dressing the wound, his hands shaking, his vision beginning to blur. He has lost a lot of blood!

He finished tying off the bandages under his arm. He struggled across the road into the corner pub. Sam partially barricaded the door to one of the upstairs rooms before Conor slumped down against the wall and passed out.

//This is a different way of writing, I will be writing the following entries as a 1st person journal. This one was just written like this to add some drama to a quite interesting event which happened IG.

Hope you enjoyed!

Good read. Wonder what will happen when he regains consciousness in the pub.

Sign in to follow this