Server time (UTC): 2021-01-22, 19:22
Sign in to follow this  
Hatch

Civilian pack! [WIP]

What do feel is needed in DayZRP? (Multiple choice)  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35rPiBC.png

This thread is some things that I feel are needed to be added to DayZRP. The reason for this is because when I walk around everyone looks like military unless they are using a default spawn skin. The guns are all so customized and the vehicles look like something from an army convoy.

Where did all of the civilian clothing and vehicles go in the apocalypse?

OoBfqG5.png

wYdsNqG.png

Seeing humvee's and Urals driving around around the place can be a bore sometimes and it only really suits bigger clans. It would be nice to see modern civilian vehicles driving around the place. Here are some pictures of a nice pack I found:

vilas_cpl_12042014_2_4.jpg

vilas_cpl_12042014_4_4.jpg

OoBfqG5.png

uy9kjH4.png

In DayZRP there are no "Civilian" skins on the donation exchange that you can purchase to use anytime you want whenever at a easy click of a button. When I want to use my civilian character I have to go searching everywhere for a certain type of skin (worker blue). After being close to death when I exit town - with or without - my skin, it is tedious and a challenging task.

I have a couple of ideas:

Idea 1: Add all of the spawn-in-able skins (Like the woodlander, worker, etc) into the donation exchange. Like the ones already there we can pay x amount to spawn in with them whenever we would like.

Idea 2: deWUfYk.png

Like the Female version of this idea (That is already implemented) we can have the male version of civilian skins. There will be a drop down menu of certain skins seen in this list, showing you all of the default civilian skins in DayZ already. This will be free as we are just selecting skins that we can already spawn in.

Note: Before you go looking for the male version, I made it in Photoshop and it is not on the forums.

OoBfqG5.png

qX2RL2k.png

Weapons are not too big of a problem right now as the patch has just been deployed. Adding in the lovely

rusty m4's, various shotguns & rifles and epic looking pistols. They all look great and they look realistic in the arms of a civilian.

I will add ideas from you guys to this section as I have nothing for weapons right now.

OoBfqG5.png

Your turn!

Get your suggestions down, have a discussion and give your point of view!

Something that you may suggest could be added to the OP!

I idea one heavily cause you can then have a standart skin when you have a civilian charrachter instead of searching all the residetal spawns for the correct one.

I'm all for idea #2

Never did understand why you couldn't donate for those civ skins - would help people RP non-militaristic people and groups a lot more

Also if I get my way there a few more civ weapons to come yet :)

One for at least

I would love some more varieties on the vics, not so much on the clothing or weapons part. For instance i found 6 different civilian clothing's today in just 2 and a half hour. more than enough clothing. And the new patch gave us a lot new weapons to tinker with.

I found 6 different civilian clothing's today in just 2 and a half hour.

2 and a half hours for 6 skins? Seems like a lot of time for me when all you could of done is gone onto the DE and click "Activate"

Also when you are looking for a specific skin, it can get annoying :P

+1 on clothing. Not to keen on the textures of the cars.

I like everything except the vehicles, They seem a bit too clean, Also, They're Polish

I love the look of more civilian vehicles and the civilian skin activation from the DayzRP website also seems like a better idea, way more simple as you say.

Skins yes. Vehicles no.

With the new patch, DayZRP's Chernarus is surrounded in vehicles. Perhaps, if we remove some vehicles and replace them with these civilian ones then yes. But definitely not add more. The current vehicle rate is perfect.

I made a suggestion a while ago, here it is - which is basically asking for Idea 2. I love the idea, it's, needed!

Not only that, but I think skins such as police officers and priests should be added (either for a price or not) but the skins you outlined should be free - perhaps more variants? Basically the skins you spawn with should come free. The cool, lootable IG skins should come at a small price in my opinion. :D

Great ideas - especially Idea 2 - +1

Also, Takistan skins!

TL;DR - Although I like some of the vehicles, -1 to most of them. Skins however (as mentioned above) needs to be added. +1.

Edit: That list you shown after the drop down thing is perfect. All those skins are what come to mind when I think of this idea. If this was to be implemented, it'd be amazing and much easier to widen some roleplaying aspects (if you're a police officer trying to uphold law, then there it is, and you can activate it. If you're roleplaying a industrial worker of Berezino, there are the clothes for as soon as you spawn. Choice is great in this.

the skins you outlined should be free - perhaps more variants?

Those are the ones that are the main "Civ" skins that I could fit on the list. On this list there are all of the variants that could be placed on the drop down menu.

the skins you outlined should be free - perhaps more variants?

Those are the ones that are the main "Civ" skins that I could fit on the list. On this list there are all of the variants that could be placed on the drop down menu.

Yeah, see my edit! :D

I love the list there and I personally think that they should be added.

Yes to the skins,yes to some of those vehicles that should replace the numerous GAZ spawns and also to the guns,although they are slowly being added from what I've seen...

I found 6 different civilian clothing's today in just 2 and a half hour.

2 and a half hours for 6 skins? Seems like a lot of time for me when all you could of done is gone onto the DE and click "Activate"

Also when you are looking for a specific skin, it can get annoying :P

6 different civilian skins, not including the military ones. 2 and a half hours is a long time if you want any specific skin. I'm just saying that there is already tons of skins already in-game. if they could add them to the donation exchange it would be very appreciated instead of looking for new skins to download and insert to the DayZRP code.

Plz no on the vehicles, the textures are so poor, this ain't no Island life where we live for low textures

Plz no on the vehicles, the textures are so poor, this ain't no Island life where we live for low textures

My thoughts too, it's just the type of vehicle that I would see to see added.

My thoughts too, it's just the type of vehicle that I would see to see added.

That type of vehicle? Hell yeah.

Those vehicles shown, awwhhh hell no.

1_2014428121622338.gif

Damn it John, post real suggestions!

That was a real suggestion :(

Have you not seen this in game yet? Almost the same thing.

Thats pointless to, yes its a vehicle, but whats the point on having it in game? >.>

Guest John Le Bear

Thats pointless to, yes its a vehicle, but whats the point on having it in game? >.>

Because, swag

I think I found those vehicles first :P

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-civilian-cars

oh, oh well. I was just searching arma holic :P

oh, oh well. I was just searching arma holic :P

I dont mind, just shows that the pack has a good response :D