Server time (UTC): 2021-01-28, 12:46
Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

The Trade Post Guide!

Tomeran and his glorious beard presents

The Trade Post Guide!

What? Why?

The Trade Post is a mess of new features and ideas added by the staff, and there's a lot here that is new to a fair few players. It is also the largest(except for the old TP) and most detailed settlement we've ever released.

This guide is meant to help people along by clearing some of these features up.

It will offer advice on how to behave in the TP, how to get the most of it, explaining how bandit activity and the TP safezone works, how to interact with the CTC, how to apply for CTC citizenship(and what citizenship means) as well as how the clan mansions work.

...and maybe eventually a few other things as well.

I hope it will help make things less complicated for people and answer some of their questions.

Thread summary

1. Behaviour in the Trade Post

2. Bandits and the Trade Post

3. CTC relations and features

4. Clan Mansions

1 - Behaviour in the Trade Post

If you are a new arrival at the TP, you may be greeted with these words: "Dont cause trouble".

That's fairly common in settlements, but the TP takes it a step further: It is actually against the dayzRP rules to cause trouble in the Trade Post. These rules can be read specificly in the rule section ( http://www.dayzrp.com/rules.php#rule12 ) or in the announcement thread ( http://www.dayzrp.com/t-trade-post-announcement-thread ).

So that's the "rule-breaking" part, stuff that you should avoid. There's generally two "tiers" of rule-breaking. The light stuff and the harsh stuff. The light stuff includes insulting people and acting all cocky. Such behaviour will likely result in IC reprimands rather then OOC punishment. Still, obviously try to avoid this as it may end up resulting in you being booted from the TP. OOC punishments like bans can also not be ruled out. It depends on the circumstances.

But the "harsh stuff" includes thieving, killing or running into the place with KoS rights on you(exploiting the TP "safety bubble"). That will most likely end in severe OOC penalties, including bans.

And a brief note regarding lingering KoS rights(we've had a lot of questions about this): If you under any circumstances have KoS rights on you, avoid the TP. It may not always be fair in all cases, but if we start to permit exceptions it'll just get confusing and people will start to exploit it.

So in short: While at the TP, be nice. Or else.

Noise pollution, and how to avoid it.

One of the problems with the Trade Post is that a lot of people go there, and when a lot of people go there, a lot of people talk, often at the same time. This can lead to noise pollution, where there's constantly a mess of voices in the background.

To deal with that problem, it is highly recomended you do these two things:

1: Use(and encourage others to use) vehicle chat for voice communication. This will dampen your voice and seriously affect its range.

2: Use(and encourage others to use) text RP as much as possible, especielly when there's a lot of other voices going on.

Also, when communicating with others when there are so many people around, it is important to remember the limitations of Arma. It may be difficult to realize when people are talking with you.

I would personally recomend using something like this in those situations:

Arkov Nadyev (CTC): <-*guy with AK-74* Hey you there with the M-14, please stop insulting my mother.

By adding a very brief description of who you are and who you are addressing, it may lead to less confusing RP situations in the crowd.

2. Bandits and the Trade Post

For bandits the Trade Post may be both good and bad. They may hate it because its a safezone that you cant touch, but they may also like/love it because it brings them a place to roleplay in and because it may cause good "hijacking" routes to set up road blocks in.

So yes, the CTC even allows bandits at the Trade Post, as long as they follow the rules. But it may be a bit complicated to remain friendly with the CTC if you activly conduct bandit activities in the Trade Post area.

The "sphere of influence"

The TP thread will show you this picture:

8CK4j.jpg

The blue area there is the SAFEZONE that you cannot as per dayzRP's rules conduct hostile actions in.

While it is perfectly fine to attack people beyond that circle, the CTC may react if you attempt to "choke off" the TP roads too much.

There are a few critical locations to where the CTC may react if you set up a road block at. The map below will show them.

8CKjW.jpg

That map shows two critical roadblock locations(Zelenogorsok and Rogovo) where bandits could potentially shut off almost half of the TP traffic. They're marked by the circles.

The red lines mark the primary traffic routes to the TP. If you set up a roadblock along those roads, the CTC will also very likely react.

To avoid angering the CTC, it is recomended you do not set up roadblocks at these areas and instead expand beyond these points. This way you will not choke off TP traffic and the CTC will not be forced to action.

What will happen if you ignore this advice and set up there anyway? Well, it is permitted but you'll piss off the CTC, whom may try to wipe you out(with aboose). If they learn your identity, they may also ban you from TP entry.

So what about bandits running on foot? Well, same thing really. It may be easier to avoid CTC detection while on foot, but if you camp out at certain popular travel routes, they will probably find you and enact swift justice. The closer you are(and how often you do it) to the TP safezone when you conduct your robbery, the more likely it is that the CTC will react to your actions.

3.CTC relations and features

I've had a lot of questions about the CTC, so this chapter will be dedicated to describing interaction with them. They're a complex faction and there's quite a lot to know. They're most certainly unlike any other settlement owners in dayzRP's history, so there may be a few things about them that people dont know.

This will be a fairly big chapter.

CTC and bandits

CTC is huge, and part of the reason they've grown so large is because they cooperate and integrate as many other groups as possible "into the fold". This has included people that used to attack them. This "forgive and forget" policy sounds like its born out of naivity, but it has really worked out for the CTC. Everyone wants safety, including bandits, and CTC offers it.

This means that the CTC is not per automatic unfriendly towards bandits, even those that do occassional and the rare attacks against them. This also means that even bandits are permitted to enter the Trade Post and conduct their buisness there like any other group.

However, if a bandit group threatens the Trade Post or CTC interests and proves to be a problem for them, they will react. The rest of Chernarus is at this point somewhat "liberated" from big bandit groups and the CTC is that reason. If people refuse to cooperate and continue to attack CTC or its allies, they will wipe out the bandits. Every last man, woman and child.

In South Zagoria the CTC does not have a strong enough presence(yet) to conduct those sort of "wipe-out" raids towards their enemies(and they are also at a war with the council). But they do have enough power to enforce this policy at the Trade Post and its immidiate vicinity.

In short, if you work with the CTC they can be good friends. If you piss them off, they'll be absolutly ruthless.

CTC citizenship

There is more information about this in the CTC "clan thread", but I figured I'd take the time to explain this a bit, seeing as I've gotten a fair few questions about it.

Part of their process to "colonize" South Zagoria is to integrate the local population into the CTC fold. The citizenship offer is the first step to do that.

People can send in an application for citizenship at the Trade Post (PM me your basic character details and we'll discuss it IC as soon as possible).

*CTC citizenship recruitment is currently closed*

So what does it mean to become a citizen? Well first of all, you can be a citizen and still be a part of other clans. But when you become a citizen you take a vow to never do anything aggressive towards CTC or their allies. And if the need arises, heed any requests from senior CTC citizens. This may include a call to arms against the enemies of CTC.

There's also some benefits of course. If you wish you get permanent housing at the Trade Post (an imaginary apartment at the non-enterable CTC housing areas) and your own CTC citizenship ID that allows you instant access to the TP.

But only SENIOR citizens have the right to independantly police the trade post. (A list of all senior citizens with TP CR rights can be found at the TP announcement thread)

As a "lowly peasant citizen" you can still help out with the TP by doing things like trading and scavenging.

But under NO CIRCUMSTANCES can a "normal" CTC citizen police the Trade Post.

The process to be promoted to senior citizen can be extremly long. Since this is the TP we're talking about, all promotions to seniors have to be personally approved by Rolle. And you have to prove yourself to be helpful and dependable. Currently at the time this guide is written, the only "non-staff" members that are seniors are Gina and Hofer, ex-admins that left staff voluntarily and are thus considered extremly dependable.

4. Clan Mansions

Part of the CTC's efforts to win "hearts and minds" in the South Zagoria region is to offer big groups a place of their own at the Trade Post.

To do that, the CTC constructed three big "mansions" at the TP where the groups could have their own little spot.

Seeing the divide in nationality that existed in South Zagoria, the CTC built one russian-themed, one chernorussian-themed and one american-themed mansion.

Getting a mansion

Getting a mansion may be tricky, because there's a lot of groups out there and a fair few may be interested.

Applying for it is relativly easy, just tell any senior CTC member that your group would like to enlist for the mansion. The way you do it may matter, as impressions are everything.

Actually GETTING the mansion is a whole other deal however. You'll most likely be facing a bit of competition.

When the CTC considers who gets what mansion, they'll usually take these things in consideration:

- Has the group had a past of aggression towards the CTC? Or the opposite, have they helped the CTC before? History is important.

- Is the group hated by the rest of the survivor community? And if so, for a good reason? How well does the group work with others?

- When did the group report their interest in the mansion? How far ahead of other groups? This is a minor thing, but if its a difficult choice it may matter.

- Bribes? Yes, the CTC are corrupt. :D

No but on a serious note, friendly behaviour towards the CTC and good behaviour at the Trade Post will mean a lot. If you misbehave at the TP, your chances for a mansion will dramaticly decrease.

- The size of the group. Again, a minor thing but if the group is big it may indicate they'll find more use of the building. If its small it probably means it'll be unmanned most of the time. That and there's an IC reason, as the CTC would naturally have an interest in aligning with bigger and more well-represented groups.

There may also be other factors that comes into play, but they're mostly minor and not worthy of mentioning.

Do note that although the mansions are cut into "nations" so to speak, we dont really aim to follow that divide too thoroughly. It was mostly made to make the player's choice in which mansion they'd prefer easier.

Getting a mansion. What does it mean?

Essentially, a clan mansion is simply put a place of your own. You can do whatever you wish in it as long as you obey the TP rules(the mansion is not exempt to these rules). So no, you cant bring slaves or hostages there, and you cant conduct hostile action towards other players in there.

Players have the right to evict unwelcome people through RP non-lethal measures at the mansion. If this is not enough, they can fetch a CTC guard to help them with it. If no CTC are online, try to contact a staff through TS so they can come online and help.

It -MAY- be a possibilty, depending on how much time the devs have, to have the mansions get some special decorating depending on your choice(this is yet to be confirmed with the devs).

You'll have the mansion for one month after the day you get it. After that, it -may- be rotated out to other groups if there is a queue.

*This guide is a work in progress. More stuff, in particular on RP and trading, will be added later. This is the "alpha" version so to speak and will be continously updated.*

Nice guide as always Tomeran!

I think this may clear up some things for people including me.

Thanks.

Clears a lot up thanks Tomeran!

Guest King

Thanks for the great guide, though I wish that it wasn't a RP rule that you couldn't do any hostilities to anyone inside/around the camp. Wish the CTC would just deal with it all ingame, and it was like all the other settlements eg. Attackable, Hostilities allowed, ect... Liked Prud, it's a balance, allowed to attack if you can manage all the people. A settlement that is unattackable by the rules breaks RP in my mind. Also 90% of server pop sits at TP from what I have seen.

Just my thoughts

~King

Thanks for the guide, though I wish that it wasn't a RP rule that you couldn't do any hostilities to anyone inside/around the camp. Wish the CTC would just deal with it all ingame, and it was like all the other settlements eg. Attackable, Hostilities allowed, ect... Liked Prud, it's a balance, allowed to attack if you can manage all the people. A settlement that is unattackable by the rules breaks RP in my mind. Also 90% of server pop sits at TP from what I have seen.

Just my thoughts

~King

Like Prud, it would be complete intolerable carnage. Like every other settlement in dayzRP's history. They are considered a "failed experiment" for a reason.

Imagine the TP for just 24 hours without the safezone protection. The CTC would be 100% unable to control the situation no matter how many tanks we brought in. Why? Because we cant be there online all the time. We're human beings and this is just a game. So if you want to discuss realism, keep that in mind. We're limited with the fact that this is just a game, and that we have RL needs. If this werent the case, then maybe I'd agree with you.

Despite the fact that a few people dislike the idea of the safezone, the TP safezone is not going away. That is simply put just not happening.

Well done on this one Tomeran its really good!

Guest King

Thanks for the guide, though I wish that it wasn't a RP rule that you couldn't do any hostilities to anyone inside/around the camp. Wish the CTC would just deal with it all ingame, and it was like all the other settlements eg. Attackable, Hostilities allowed, ect... Liked Prud, it's a balance, allowed to attack if you can manage all the people. A settlement that is unattackable by the rules breaks RP in my mind. Also 90% of server pop sits at TP from what I have seen.

Just my thoughts

~King

Like Prud, it would be complete intolerable carnage. Like every other settlement in dayzRP's history. They are considered a "failed experiment" for a reason.

Imagine the TP for just 24 hours without the safezone protection. The CTC would be 100% unable to control the situation no matter how many tanks we brought in. Why? Because we cant be there online all the time. We're human beings and this is just a game. So if you want to discuss realism, keep that in mind. We're limited with the fact that this is just a game, and that we have RL needs. If this werent the case, then maybe I'd agree with you.

Regardless, the TP safezone is not going away. That is simply put just not happening.

Hmm, I definitely see where you are coming from, was just my thoughts, though I don't know.

Guest JohnAtkin

Too...much...to...handle...

ERyO8PZ.gif

Brilliant work!

Most of this IMO is common sense... But for newer members to the community it should really help them out a lot.. Even though when I joined RP... I never read any guides and only the rules.

Balls to the walls lads! I like it hardcore ;)

No.. Really i did a quick read and its pretty soiled. Great job Tomeran.

I am going to copy this from a post I made in the Free Medics' thread:

The following is a Free Medic public announcement:

When you are at the Trade Post and have managed to get yourself hurt and the good doctor needs to take the ouchie away, don't just write in the chat "I need bloodbag!" or scream "MEDIIICC".

We are quite competent with bloodbagging but we are not telepathic. We have no way of knowing who is asking for the help if you just keep screaming unless we saw you get hurt or we were the ones to hurt you. I'm just saying, it might happen...

A tip: go to the bloody medical tents and articulate your needs clearly. Don't just say "I need medic!" tell us if you have been bitten or shot or have spent the night with a manspider and contracted an exotic disease so we know what to do with you. In arma we can not see what is wrong with you. It is in your best interest that you get the right treatment, and not for example the .44 sleeping pill.

Also do not expect to take with you extra supplies from the field hospital. We are constantly burning through dozens of bloodbags and antibiotics. We don't just give you the supplies, we administer them. This includes antibiotics. We have people coming in who are infact not infected, asking for a box or multiple boxes of antibiotics, even after having been given antibiotics and confirmed as not infected.

Painkillers are more likely to be just lying around and those we don't really lack usually.

And as a final word: once treated with antibiotics, go get warm.

Very helpful guide

Oh wow I have been away and come back to read there is a TP and you can get a mansion there...what!! haha wow sounds amazing and I cant wait to check it out. This guide was very helpful so thank you Tomeran.

I'm wondering, why is the safezone a server rule rather than an IC rule that the CTC has to be present to enforce? I mean, why can't people have fights in the TP if there is no CTC to stop them? It'd add more roleplay options, as CTC would be required to either keep 24/7 watch, hire citizens or mercs to guard, and people would be less inclined to stick to the TP if the CTC isn't there, which IMO is a good thing.

I'm wondering, why is the safezone a server rule rather than an IC rule that the CTC has to be present to enforce? I mean, why can't people have fights in the TP if there is no CTC to stop them? It'd add more roleplay options, as CTC would be required to either keep 24/7 watch, hire citizens or mercs to guard, and people would be less inclined to stick to the TP if the CTC isn't there, which IMO is a good thing.

This has been answered and argued about before at least a dozen times.

Couldn't find the other topic, so I thought I'd ask again here.

Couldn't find the other topic, so I thought I'd ask again here.

From the first page of this thread.

Just my thoughts

~King

Despite the fact that a few people dislike the idea of the safezone, the TP safezone is not going away. That is simply put just not happening.

...and etc etc. There's more arguments for it then that, but that's the jist of it.

Regardless, this is not the thread to debate wether you approve of the safezone or not.

...and etc etc. There's more arguments for it then that, but that's the jist of it.

Regardless, this is not the thread to debate wether you approve of the safezone or not.

Alright, alright, sorry for rustling your jimmies.

If the CTC came to attack 'bandits' at said roadblock areas and else where and the 'bandits' were able to overwhelm them are they allowed to break NLR if they(CTC) were to be killed? If CTC were to bring a BMP/tank/armour or what ever and the bandits manage to immobilize it, killing its occupants(with KOS rights or the correct initiation), are the bandits able to repair the BMP/tank/armour and use it for there own pleasure? If yes, will the 'bandits' be found with out use of a UAV/drone?.. These questions have been lingering in my mind and I would like a non-trollish/non-angry reply to them please, I do not know where to post such questions and I thought the guide would be good to clarify them.

If the CTC came to attack 'bandits' at said roadblock areas and else where and the 'bandits' were able to overwhelm them are they allowed to break NLR if they(CTC) were to be killed? If CTC were to bring a BMP/tank/armour or what ever and the bandits manage to immobilize it, killing its occupants(with KOS rights or the correct initiation), are the bandits able to repair the BMP/tank/armour and use it for there own pleasure? If yes, will the 'bandits' be found with out use of a UAV/drone?.. These questions have been lingering in my mind and I would like a non-trollish/non-angry reply to them please, I do not know where to post such questions and I thought the guide would be good to clarify them.

On the NLR issue, im not entirely sure if CTC could violate it and go back to where they were killed. I dont think so? That one's up to Rolle and not me, really.

In the end, its very unlikely that the assets we do drive out with are easily defeated(tanks being what they are and RPG's being increasingly rare).

As for the tank issue, there I can give you a fairly clear answer: No, you would not be given your own tank to roam around with if you -somehow- managed to kill the people inside it, repair it and re-occupy it. In the extremly unlikely event such a thing would happen, the admin that spawned us the tank would de-spawn it.

A bandit clan using a tank to rob people would be...extreme, and quite different from how and why the staff uses these vehicles.

Guest Shadow

Suggestion: Could you perhaps elaborate some more on the concept of "CTC assets" or "Merc work". Is it citizenship? Do they receive a place to sleep? What's their limitations in and around the TP itself? etc.

Sign in to follow this