Server time (UTC): 2021-01-21, 08:37
Sign in to follow this  
McDugals

Home-made Character Skins

Hey everybody! It's a study hall in my class right now so I have a moment to ask this.

Since I will be having some time over the summer to try and help the community, another thing I want to add to my list is to make some character skins. Unfortunately I have yet to find any method or how one would go about making a skin. I will continue to do research but any insight from the community would be awesome!

Thanks,

-McDugals

I don't have links right now but it involves editing a current player model to link to your new skin, then creating said skin including blood damage variants if possible

It's pretty damn complex :)

You would be making "Arma 2 Units" not skins. Skins are simply different units :)

I don't have links right now but it involves editing a current player model to link to your new skin, then creating said skin including blood damage variants if possible

Hm I see, are blood variants required? I'll probably do it anyway but just incase I blow a fuse in frustration and just go F*%k it.(I'm from Jersey so that's a given)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+make+skins+for+arma+2&rlz=1C1CHFX_en-GBGB533GB533&oq=how+to+make+skins+for+arma+2&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i65l2j0l2.3600j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8

Certamine knows what tools you require in order to "de-pbo" a skin and edit it. However making a whole new skin requires knowledge in 3D editing and probably the program Blender

Would ZBrush be an appropriate program? My roommate might wanna take a crack at it. Hone his skills as well.

I should probably convince him to get an account on here...

Hm I see, are blood variants required? I'll probably do it anyway but just incase I blow a fuse in frustration and just go F*%k it.(I'm from Jersey so that's a given)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+make+skins+for+arma+2&rlz=1C1CHFX_en-GBGB533GB533&oq=how+to+make+skins+for+arma+2&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i65l2j0l2.3600j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8

Certamine knows what tools you require in order to "de-pbo" a skin and edit it. However making a whole new skin requires knowledge in 3D editing and probably the program Blender

Would ZBrush be an appropriate program? My roommate might wanna take a crack at it. Hone his skills as well.

Blood isn't required no, it's just nice :)

Also ARMA uses .p3d models so any program which can export that would work

Awesome thank you for the info kind sir. Of course I can't promise that all of these projects will be completed this summer but I will put my best foot forward! Wish me luck!

One more thing, some of my programs are on my MacBook Pro. I notice that the files are .Zip and I've never been successful with getting these types of files to cooperate with my computer. I do have a PC but she isnt the most sturdiest ship in the fleet to say the least.

Awesome thank you for the info kind sir. Of course I can't promise that all of these projects will be completed this summer but I will put my best foot forward! Wish me luck!

One more thing, some of my programs are on my MacBook Pro. I notice that the files are .Zip and I've never been successful with getting these types of files to cooperate with my computer. I do have a PC but she isnt the most sturdiest ship in the fleet to say the least.

To be honest, ARMA dev is 99% done and better on a PC. IT's how the game was built

To be honest, ARMA dev is 99% done and better on a PC. IT's how the game was built

I figured as much, hopefully I'll be staying in the city over the summer and I can work on the PCs at my college. THEY HAVE THE UNREAL 4 ENGINE!!!!

I figured as much, hopefully I'll be staying in the city over the summer and I can work on the PCs at my college. THEY HAVE THE UNREAL 4 ENGINE!!!!

I have UE4 :P it's like $10 a month

I have UE4 :P it's like $10 a month

Im a broke college kid. You see my dilemma. :P