Server time (UTC): 2021-01-16, 15:25
Sign in to follow this  
Kiiwi

Tradepost hostilities

My question is: Do hostilities committed in the TP area lead to any other punishments than ones appointed by the CTC? Is the TP area a safezone IC:ly (The CTC upholds the law and punishments will be applied IC:ly) or is it a safezone also OOC, (Breaking the rules of the TP will result in punishment OOC:ly, bans, warnings etc.)

Please don't tell me to just read the TP rules, for they do not clarify this, and the TP being an exception as it is, i thought this needs clarification. Just to avoid misunderstandings, i don't have any sinister plans or anything along those lines. Nope, none. Seriously, give it a rest already, my intensions are as pure as freshly fallen snow.

Short version: Are hostilities in the TP met with bans or getting your ass kicked systematically by the CTC?

If you commit a hostile action in any way you can't go to the TP for two hours. If you do you'll be breaking the rules.

Short version: Are hostilities in the TP met with bans or getting your ass kicked systematically by the CTC?

Both.

Muhahaha.

Technically, if you attempt to steal, rob or commit hostile actions in game it is against the rules and you will get banned however we need to catch those who committed them.

If you get stolen from, please attempt to find out who committed those actions and report it to a CTC member and we can attempt to deal with IC and then deal with the ban afterwards. If we have no idea who stole, we cannot punish them (easily)

Guest Icy

I'll disobey your request, and tell you to read the rules, as they clearly state

Do not, under any circumstances perform or pretend to perform any of the following actions: initiate, steal, threaten, shoot at, be hostile towards, provoke or bait other players.

The rules are focused on stuff that will be punished OOC, with bans etc

Well, that clarified it. Thanks for the quick, on-topic responses. :) A followup question, what about hostilities in the TP area, directed at the CTC? Still no sinister plan here, nuh-uh.

Well, that clarified it. Thanks for the quick, on-topic responses. :) A followup question, what about hostilities in the TP area, directed at the CTC? Still no sinister plan here, nuh-uh.

You cannot commit hostile actions within TP whatsoever.

OOC: Hostilities within the TP is NOT allowed full stop.

IC: Did you not see what happened to the drone?!

I was hoping for a 'you are welcome to try' but oh well. Will have to leave taking over the world for later... Which is not sinister in any way. I deny everything.

Try it, see what happens. I've already killed someone this morning and its only midday.

Hostilities towards the CTC, as long as its IC and such that's fine, it wont end well for you though.

However shouting for someone to drop his guns isn't going to end well IC or OOC.

Side note for everyone.

Hostilities like attacking CTC or ANYONE inside the trade post area is not allowed and will result in you getting banned from our community.

The odd shit talk is all fine and dandy but attacking is a BIG NO NO and is NOT TOLERATED inside the zone.

Thank you Toorrik, that is exactly what i wanted to hear. :) Muhahahahahaaah. Hah.

No, in all seriousness, my intentions are still as pure as a morning dew, that glistens beautifully in the rays of a rising sun.

Guest Whazmeister

I personaly think there's a factor of ruleplay/badrp involved. For example, I get tons of death threats or disrespect given to me on my SDS character by random loners. Why do they have the balls to mounth off to a big group of armed somalians that are known for robbing everyone? Because they're protected by the rules, they know nothing can happen to them in there. I think that should be punishable OOCly, as it is blatant ruleplaying because obviously nowhere is a safezone, and if you are scared somewhere else you should be scared here as well.

I personaly think there's a factor of ruleplay/badrp involved. For example, I get tons of death threats or disrespect given to me on my SDS character by random loners. Why do they have the balls to mounth off to a big group of armed somalians that are known for robbing everyone? Because they're protected by the rules, they know nothing can happen to them in there. I think that should be punishable OOCly, as it is blatant ruleplaying because obviously nowhere is a safezone, and if you are scared somewhere else you should be scared here as well.

Make a list. Pay them a visit later.

Guest Whazmeister

Hard, because people are just at the tradepost to show off their weaponry all day and log out in the safezone later.

And if people do leave, you'll be instantly met with overpowered mortar fire or tanks rolling after us (yes, this happened lol) before we're done.

Well, it works both ways - if the tradepost was manned like it would be IRL with dozens of CTC soldiers, you as a member of SDS would never be able to get inside. It could be considered bad role play for you to get inside and pretend like everything is okay even though you're a known bandit and murderer, but nobody can do anything about it since you're inside the safezone.

But, since this is a game and we can't sit there guarding the TP from attacks and hostilities 24/7 or check every person that walks in we will have to live with these limitations and inconsistencies in RP.

Guest JMS

Well, it works both ways - if the tradepost was manned like it would be IRL with dozens of CTC soldiers, you as a member of SDS would never be able to get inside. It could be considered bad role play for you to get inside and pretend like everything is okay even though you're a known bandit and murderer, but nobody can do anything about it since you're inside the safezone.

But, since this is a game and we can't sit there guarding the TP from attacks and hostilities 24/7 or check every person that walks in we will have to live with these limitations and inconsistencies in RP.

But SDS helped CTC :(

Hard, because people are just at the tradepost to show off their weaponry all day and log out in the safezone later.

And if people do leave, you'll be instantly met with overpowered mortar fire or tanks rolling after us (yes, this happened lol) before we're done.

Also it shows how people act in there as well all that happens when a Bandit group enters TP is the Civs (because they are protected) talk shit at the bandit clans because they know the bandits can't do anything.

Daheb dies to glitch in the TP and at least 5 people kicked his body.

We park a motorbike at TP. A member of B-Merc spits on it.

Outside of TP if a civ sees any clan I'm confident they arnt going to run at them and spit on their vehicle :P

What about stealing from the CTC, but being sneaky about it. Is that against server rules?

It is against the rules to steal in TP. CTC may be an exception but I HIGHLY doubt it. Besides what possible IC reason or motive is there?

Shh, Boltz. No-one is planning anything. You all saw nothing.

Motive, well CTC has bigger better stuff

So? They also invited you into their home and gave you shelter and protection - plus they are clearly much better armed than you, more of them, and they have armour.

EDIT: Let me try to put it a better way -

If a tank rolled up to you and four guys got out all with DMRs and you had an AK, you wouldn't steal from them just because they have better gear, that would be suicide.

So? They also invited you into their home and gave you shelter and protection - plus they are clearly much better armed than you, more of them, and they have armour.

If a tank rolled up to you and four guys got out all with DMRs and you had an AK, you wouldn't steal from them just because they have better gear, that would be suicide.

If every person in the trade camp decided to turn on the CTC for whatever reason, it would be suicide for the CTC to try and respond with action.

Besides if the guy was desperate enough and thought he could get away with it, he may well try do it.

If every person in the trade camp decided to turn on the CTC for whatever reason, it would be suicide for the CTC to try and respond with action.

Besides if the guy was desperate enough and thought he could get away with it, he may well try do it.

Hopefully every single civ and clan in Chernarus doesn't band together and try it, cos yeah, they'd likely win that battle.

Hopefully every single civ and clan in Chernarus doesn't band together and try it, cos yeah, they'd likely win that battle.

No... They wouldn't

slow_mo_t_90_tank-29206.gif

If people are disrespecting you, spitting, kicking bodies...whatever. inform a CTC member. They will be removed for disturbing the peace. You do not have to take it and anyone doing this is breaking a CTC rule. No hostilities or provoking.

Na what do CTC have to lose?

I will admit recently with the firepower volki has had we have debated taking on a tank if it rolled up to our roadblock :troll: