Server time (UTC): 2021-01-19, 22:05
Sign in to follow this  
Greenpenguin

Aussi connection

So Im not of age to be able to play yet (15 in 5 days so I will need another year). But i live in Australia, I have decent internet and have no trouble connecting to Aussi/Asian servers. But will I be able to actually connect and not play with heaps of desync?

No us Aussies can connect fine, just with a little extra ping and no major delays.

The desync isn't too bad for me, Its really just my underpowered computer.

I know a few others who run really smoothly too. Just sometimes Telstra likes to not connect to other countries.

Well I live in Sweden (Where the servers are hosted) and I desync a lot. It is so bad I have crashed around 5 cars in 3 weeks, and I am a good driver (no lie). However I also have shitty internet connection and a bad computer, so that might be related.

Ping doesn't affect ArmA to much, if you follow ROE with high ping you won't die senselessly.

Guest Shadow

I get 450 ping average. Desync happens sometimes (Some days are shit some are perfect). But in the end it feels like I'm on a regular server. As long as the ping limit is not lowered by then you should be fine.

Ping isn't that bad. I get 350 ping and I'm in in SE Australia.

Yeah, us Aussies have been playing on these servers for months. Majority of the time I can't even notice the lag.

The real challenge with Aussie players has to be how the hell they manage to play dayZ upside down. I still dont get that.

*is old and has a ridicilous sense of humour*

This reply was inspired by MuntZ's TS shenanigans.

The real challenge with Aussie players has to be how the hell they manage to play dayZ upside down. I still dont get that.

Now I understand why his TS username is like that!

Guest Biiddy

Now I understand why his TS username is like that!

Ohhhhhhhhh, it all makes sense now.

Thanks for the info as well fella's. Good too see so many Aussies playing DayzRP.

Guest whitepointer

Just to add on, I usually get around 420 (pretty high) and yet I see no real effects.

Besides the occasional 3 seconds to get in a vehicle and get out, may lead to some deaths here and there :D

The real problem isn't ping, it's waking up early to play at peak times.