Server time (UTC): 2021-01-16, 14:03
Sign in to follow this  
DankPineapple

RP Session.

Alright, I would like to arrange a time where we can all (As much as we have) can hop onto the server and do some RP. I would like to propose Friday, 9pm to some time in the early morning GMT+10. I also think a decent meet up spot would be Black Mountain. It's somewhat close to the costal spawns so it won't require you to run for 3 hours. TlEvHVV.jpg

If you have any other suggestions or changes you would like to make feel free to give your input. If you're planning on coming along just drop a message in thread so we can all get an idea of numbers. I hope to see quite a few people there for an enjoyable RP session.

I will be online very likely with a friend and try to join the event ;)

#inb4getmetaandrobbed

Why organize rp!? Finding it and playing is half the point of it!!

#inb4getmetaandrobbed

I suppose it is a Standalone server Staggs. One does not simply find RP in Standalone. Therefore they have organised it.

#inb4getmetaandrobbed

I suppose it is a Standalone server Staggs. One does not simply find RP in Standalone. Therefore they have organised it.

My statement stands on the metagaming! Even though i fucked up big time :(

#inb4getmetaandrobbed

My statement stands on the metagaming! Even though i fucked up big time :(

Yeah the only reason i'm organizing it is because finding RP on the Standalone server is.... very difficult. Once the proper admin tools and all of that jazz have been released things will be much easier. Yes I guess there might be some meta gaming; all we can hope is that it doesn't happen.

I will be online very likely with a friend and try to join the event ;)

Alright I hope to see you two there :)

There's a point where the meta-gaming argument loses traction. That's right about around my third straight week of only payday-masked players that only shoot on sight driving roleplayers to OTHER servers, or a barren wasteland of player-less night time. The standalone server is so filled with flying bullets that whatever it takes to roleplay in it is entirely worth it. A person can -always- come up with an IC reasoning to arrange the event.

In the end, we're all here to roleplay with each other, not run around dodging bullets and hiding from kids that yell friendly constantly and then shoot at everything.

If we gotta cut some corners, I'm all for cutting corners. Otherwise, the server's just sitting there costing money and producing almost zero roleplay.

At that, Black Mountain may become compromised as a location, so I definitely recommend using the TS as well.

There's a point where the meta-gaming argument loses traction. That's right about around my third straight week of only payday-masked players that only shoot on sight driving roleplayers to OTHER servers, or a barren wasteland of player-less night time. The standalone server is so filled with flying bullets that whatever it takes to roleplay in it is entirely worth it. A person can -always- come up with an IC reasoning to arrange the event.

In the end, we're all here to roleplay with each other, not run around dodging bullets and hiding from kids that yell friendly constantly and then shoot at everything.

If we gotta cut some corners, I'm all for cutting corners. Otherwise, the server's just sitting there costing money and producing almost zero roleplay.

At that, Black Mountain may become compromised as a location, so I definitely recommend using the TS as well.

I totaly agree with you.

Also my expereince after some month on SA it is a matter of fact, that without coordinating us via TS or here in the forum, it is very hard to find a RPler without getting shot by randoms.

Howerver you made a good point to mention that the spot will be compromised very soon. We had this with the last 3 meeting points, too. So I highly recomend to coordinate on TS the exact coordinates, before leaving it and stay in Char for RP. However we should request a privat forum for those player who are focusing on SA.

However we should request a privat forum for those player who are focusing on SA.

I remember there was a thread about this, and everyone decided that having it limited to donors was a good idea. Has anything been said about whether or not it's going to be created?

limited to donors.

I feel like that's a bit unfair. I think there should be an application process for getting into that private forum.

limited to donors.

I feel like that's a bit unfair. I think there should be an application process for getting into that private forum.

Ok I think that this was a bit missleading. If you read through the thread you will see, that there was no decission done yet. I mentioned the donor as a limitation, due to the fact that the whitelisting is currently combined with a donation. However I think this privat thing has to be started as soon as possible. The access to it should not be a big issue at all, but should be discussed in the related post.

But I am really looking forward to Friday ;)

limited to donors.

Ok I think that this was a bit missleading. If you read through the thread you will see, that there was no decission done yet. I mentioned the donor as a limitation, due to the fact that the whitelisting is currently combined with a donation. However I think this privat thing has to be started as soon as possible. The access to it should not be a big issue at all, but should be discussed in the related post.

But I am really looking forward to Friday ;)

Ahh alright then. Yeah sorry, the way it came across was "Only donors should have access." And yes, I'm looking forward to Friday as well.

GMT+10 where is that lol? Australia?

If its 09:00 in the morning for you it will be 01:00 during the night here. Can probably make it.

If its 09:00 in the morning for you it will be 01:00 during the night here. Can probably make it.

As I said in the OP it's 9pm not am haha. So, that'll be 1 in the afternoon for you I would assume?

As I said in the OP it's 9pm not am haha. So, that'll be 1 in the afternoon for you I would assume?

Ah yes my bad. You wrote from 9pm "to sometime in the morning" and not in the morning.

Dammit! The AM/PM still confuses me after all these years :P

Will still be at work for another 4-5 hours when it starts so can hopefully see if i can catch up later. If its night on the server again...i cant see shit lol.

Ah yes my bad. You wrote from 9pm "to sometime in the morning" and not in the morning.

Dammit! The AM/PM still confuses me after all these years :P

Will still be at work for another 4-5 hours when it starts so can hopefully see if i can catch up later. If its night on the server again...i cant see shit lol.

Oh alright i'll move it forward to 10pm hopefully it'll still be going so you can join in. I'm going to start a new thread with updated info.