Server time (UTC): 2021-01-25, 05:17
Sign in to follow this  
NickTine

TP booths trade counters

Have crates for traders at market booths  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hey so today me and my friends went to sell some stuff at TP we had looted a bunch and took up one of the booths we then placed our items on ground for people to see and to make it easy to trade, it looked awesome and i loved how people could see our wares with ease.

but one of the things that sucked is that the game would make multible piles so it was hard to do, currently placeing items on ground to sell is just not very secure stuff can dissapear and glitch out, also when we went to pack up and all of us were grabbing loot from the pile stuff started to dupe and so we got scarred and left it due to fear of being banned or in trouble.

my suggestion is putting crates by the booths altough that would be cool there would need to be rules put in place about ownership of booth and clearing the booth after use so people would not steal stuff that might be left over maybe a TP CR to overlook and mantain these booths i dont see how this could be too much of a problem as long as these booths are treated as formal trading booths rather than random booths with crates that any person can takeover without permission. Im sure any other problems can be worked out to make it work.

Simple tents or empty ammo caches could work or if you wanted to make it really awesome something more RP like a basket full of fruit like we have now but you are able to go into it like a ammo cache...

if this can not be done perhaps fixing this duping glitch and have the ground act as the booth this would be good due to the fact if someone steals something you can see it dissapear before your eyes.

overall i think this would be a awesome addition to the market because currently it is quite confusing to trade.

thanks for reading!!

here is a picture of todays booth it was a awesome experience.

http://tinypic.com/r/vfy4cl/8

PS. if you like the idea please post! :)

Interesting idea. Truthfully I think this could be fixed if they just put tents there so traders could just slap all their stuff in the tent. Plus it would make viewing all the items easier.

Obviously things people would leave behind in these tents would be fair game, but if they were actively there trading and had all their wares in the tents it could work great.

Interesting idea. Truthfully I think this could be fixed if they just put tents there so traders could just slap all their stuff in the tent. Plus it would make viewing all the items easier.

good idea!! would be the same as a crate haha but just a tent thanks!!

+1 the ground ate my stanag today so having something to put stuff in would be great

Last time I traded stuff at TP with Andrew some of our stuff got deleted. Seriously would help.

This is a great idea! +1

Are you able to place stashes at all? I doubt it, but have to ask.

Probably not because everyone and their mother would be doing it right now.

Probably not because everyone and their mother would be doing it right now.

True. In any case, this is a good idea. I'd love to meander among the market stalls, just browsing for goodies. ^_^

that would work aswell but as it is a player placed item anyone else that would try to use booth would use it and the player that placed it would prob have a problem with that..

+1 This is a great idea/suggestion because it will help stop duping, objects deleting and it will provide organization. People won't be able to steal hardly at all and there'll be a lot less glitches. I say we should have this implemented.

There is no 'duping glitch' it's the server lagging and not recognising that the weapon has been taken

There is no 'duping glitch' it's the server lagging and not recognising that the weapon has been taken

Is this it? As I have had two experiences with 'duping' in the Tradepost, one as CTC and BHM.

A civilian dropped a bit of meat and a clothing item. It then dupes into a few piles and in the end I had to leave it.

In BHM a civilian dropped some tools and left them and then when we picked them up they continued to stay there... (As we picked it up, more and more were still there). But we told Papa about that.

Is this it? As I have had two experiences with 'duping' in the Tradepost, one as CTC and BHM.

A civilian dropped a bit of meat and a clothing item. It then dupes into a few piles and in the end I had to leave it.

In BHM a civilian dropped some tools and left them and then when we picked them up they continued to stay there... (As we picked it up, more and more were still there). But we told Papa about that.

Yeah, it a result of bad connection between the client (you) and the server, so when you pick something up the message then sent to the server takes longer than normal and so it doesn't disappear straight away. If you then open the loot pile again you send another message telling the server it's still there and the cycle starts again.

This is a old, old issue with the fundemental structure of ARMA and is why standalone moved to a new model. Sadly there isn't much we can do except try to keep desync and lag to a minimum.

EDIT: A good example of this is on Altis Life when someone drives in front of you, they are sending messages to the server updating their location but because of lag those messages are behind what is actually happening

I'll keep suggesting tables at the trading area(like I have for the past 3 months) that you can actually get ontop of and put items down. Most people seem to think such table models dont exist, but there's at the very least one.

:D

Yeah its just lag we did something similar in enclave a while back one of our guys tried to pick up a tire whilst he was lagging and he somehow managed to pick up about 7

Yeah its just lag we did something similar in enclave a while back one of our guys tried to pick up a tire whilst he was lagging and he somehow managed to pick up about 7

I SWEAR I DID NOT DO IT ON PURPOSE! YOU HAVE NO PROOF I DID IT ON PURPOSE. But it did help getting them 7 wheels, we repaired about 2 or 3 Cars...

But yes, It would be nice to have booths set up and maybe have them a little out side of TP, like an extension so that way it will be quieter for both the traders and people within TP.

I personally hate it when you are constantly been bombarded with speech saying "Selling 2 grenades for the cheap price of your highest offer!"...

I believe these glitches occur mostly when the servers are over stressed and haven't been restarted in a while. It is just one of those annoying things that I do not think is possible to fix without major work.

Guest JohnAtkin

When there are so many people in that small, cramped area, it's going to be awkward. Hopefully there are something the staff can do, they manage everything else pretty damn well! :P

Guest Dolphin

+1, But lets not give the tradepost such a hard time! It just came out, surely theres going to be flaws. I've never written something the first time perfectly.

This should be made into a poll.

+1

This should be made into a poll.

+1

I have added a poll on this thread hopefully i did it right :P

Guest Colton

Yeah man this is a genius idea, I'm sure most people have thought of this being added in at least once. Well I have anyways, and it would make "shopping" the trade post more interesting +1