Server time (UTC): 2021-01-21, 01:17
Sign in to follow this  
miket1113

Getting initiated while logging?

Just a question about logging, would it be considered fail RP or combat logging if a group initiates on you while about to log? Like if I was leaving to go to work and a group begins to initiate is it okay OOC to them I'm leaving or do I need to just quickly drop everything then log off. Also would it fall under trolling or something if when trying to log off someone keeps coming near you after you explained you are tryin to log out?

Thanks!

It depends, If they know you are about to log then yes, It is pretty scummy. Plus, if they initiate on you and you say that you have to leave, I'd say that's fine too

I can see 2 possible scenarios:

1) They let you go as if it never happened. Good guy bandits.

2) They force you to drop all your stuff before logging by threatening you with combat logging if you don't. Scummy pricks.

I don't know who would be in the wrong according to rules in the latter, them for ruleplaying and possibly metagaming or you for logging during a robbery.

Happened to me the day before wipe. Who ever it was seemed cool with it. I gave them beanz for their trouble.

2) They force you to drop all your stuff before logging by threatening you with combat logging if you don't. Scummy pricks.

I don't know who would be in the wrong according to rules in the latter, them for ruleplaying and possibly metagaming or you for logging during a robbery.

Yeah thats why I'm curious, if the situation occurs d like to know what to do

If you urgently have to go then i'd just log off, IRL is more important then Dayz. If they decided to get all mad and report you then explain to them why you had to log.

Comply with the robbery quickly as possible and tell them ooc that you have to leave. Once they let you go, just run to another spot quickly and log off.

I just give them all my stuff, apologize for my absence, and ask them if its OK to log, and sometimes even give them a claim ticket that they can rob me again later if they want to.

Guest John Le Bear

Always option 2. Got to get dem lootz.