Server time (UTC): 2021-01-27, 06:40
Sign in to follow this  
Ego

Considering applying to go to Cameroon to build a school

So yeah I know its a pretty random thing to post on the forums, but I am heavily considering applying for it, its going to cost me roughly £1500-2000 I estimate.

This is a link to the volunteer course thingie (I have absolutely no clue what the technical name is for it) http://www.aidcamps.org/nurseryschoolproject.aspx

So the question is, given the chance, would you guys do this? I think I want to do it, but idk how it will affect my life back at home afterwards, whether ill be able to find a job after it or not.

Nursery%20children%20in%20borrowed%20classroom.jpg

Personally I think the fact you would be showing the initiative to do something like this would only help you with future jobs. Obviously volunteering to do something that costs you money, in my opinion would look good to a person looking at possible future employees. Just my opinion though. Personally, I would definitely do something like this given the chance. Truthfully I don't think I personally have the time, but I applaud those who find it within themselves to do something like this.

If you decide to do it, good luck to you, and hope you guys make a great impact!

Yeah I suppose, I then need to think of how im going to raise the money to do it (I dont have a job at the moment). I wish I could get a career working for a charity like Red Cross or something like that, but I can;t find a single one which sucks :/

You should visit GoFundMe.com. That would be a good starting place for you I believe.

Guest JohnAtkin

If you choose to go through with it, good luck. It's an amazing thing to want to do!