Server time (UTC): 2021-01-16, 21:21
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tiger

3D Editor

Ok so,

I was messing around in the 3D editor, because DayZRP wont let me use regular editor (why are we not allowed to go singleplayer Rocket?), and started placing roads and stuff (painstakingly lining stuff up). When I saved and reopened, all the roads positions in game had shifted, while they seemed to have remained in the same place on the 2D map editor.

I know that the 3D editor is glitchy as fuck, so I my question is: what can I do to prevent this "shift" if I would like to create a settlement or something? Or, what do the rest of you guys use to make stuff in the editor?

As a side note: any way to move roads easier?

Thanks in advance :)

You can't use the 3d editor for settlements anyway, it HAS to be the 2d editor

Oh really? Then that solves my problem. I hate the 3D editor anyway.

How would one access the regular editor to make ze stuffs for settlements? I noticed alot of the houses are the same as ACE, so could I use that?

EDIT: I know to use regular Arma editor, but what addons do I need active to make it compatible?

Oh really? Then that solves my problem. I hate the 3D editor anyway.

How would one access the regular editor to make ze stuffs for settlements? I noticed alot of the houses are the same as ACE, so could I use that?

EDIT: I know to use regular Arma editor, but what addons do I need active to make it compatible?

Just click the DayZRP launcher, then click "Launch to menu".

Once you are on the main menu hit CTRL + E then select DayZMod it should take you to the editor with all the compatible addons

Once you are on the main menu hit CTRL + E then select DayZMod it should take you to the editor with all the compatible addons

Thats what I did before, but Ctrl+E gets you the 3D editor. Are you saying thats how to find the addons, or to use that editor?

Thats what I did before, but Ctrl+E gets you the 3D editor. Are you saying thats how to find the addons, or to use that editor?

When it gets to the 3d editor you should have an button that allows you to go to the 2d editor.

So is that it? Do I just save the map while in the 2D map screen? Can I use the 3D part at all? (for positioning/checking how it looks)

Sorry for all the questions, but I thought the 3D editor and the 2D editor inside of it were the same thing.

OK nvm, thanks for the link TheLimited, it's exactly what I was looking for :)

This is solved now.