Server time (UTC): 2021-01-15, 18:33
Sign in to follow this  
DigitalRenegade

Spetsnaz GRU Sniper color randomly changed on the torso.

Describe the issue: Basically the Spetz GRU Sniper skin torso randomly changed color while running. It became a lighter color than the rest.

Is the problem reproducible, ie can you re-create it on demand? Yes.

Time, server and location of this occurring? Server 1. 22:57

How long have you had this problem? Just happened.

What have you done to fix this already? I tried relogging but it didn't work.

What it should look like: 62.jpg

What it looks like: JZSOx4p.png

Did you remove the skin by putting on another one and then changing back?

I will try that right now. Didn't even think about it. Thanks.

Edit: Just tried it and had the same problem. Even had the problem when I switched to the other skin.

Welcome to ARMA :)

Looks like a simple texture glitch, if restarting the game/changing skin doesn't work then post again :)

Actually tried restarting the game right before you posted this and nope it didn't work.

Edit: Also just tried dropping my backpack thinking maybe that was the problem and it didn't fix it.

Actually tried restarting the game right before you posted this and nope it didn't work.

Edit: Also just tried dropping my backpack thinking maybe that was the problem and it didn't fix it.

Only thing I could suggest then is redownloading that pbo

Only thing I could suggest then is redownloading that pbo

I'll redownload the whole dayzrp file. It should take about 8 minutes. I just don't see how the pbo would change while I am using it IG. Worse comes to worse I can just refund it since I only bought it a couple hours ago. It's even happening with other skins now so Idk.

This has been an issue for months. The other problem is that it happens occasionally. I can remember a few times I wore it that it was exactly the same as in the Donation Exchange but others it had the strange mis-coulour.

This has been an issue for months. The other problem is that it happens occasionally. I can remember a few times I wore it that it was exactly the same as in the Donation Exchange but others it had the strange mis-coulour.

See that's the thing though. I haven't ever had this problem with any other skin. Now I had the problem with this skin and then whenever I try and load a different skin it has the same problem.

Edit: Just redownloaded the DayZRP file. Will test it out for a bit and report back here if this happens again.

I was playing a little bit today and it randomly happened again. I was running and boom, weird skin glitch. I have no clue what's causing it.

It will fix itself in a little bit, I had the issue before. I lived with it and it returned to normal after a bit.

It will fix itself in a little bit, I had the issue before. I lived with it and it returned to normal after a bit.

Alright. I hope so. Looks ugly as hell plus it hard to find exactly what you blend in with when your skin isn't what it's suppose to be. Just tried to redownload dayzrp thing I did before and that didn't fix it this time. I guess I just wait. I just hope other people don't see it how I see it because then the camo aspect of it would be useless.

I saw you in-game around 30 minutes ago and everything looked fine to me.

Hm I don't know how you saw me when I was out getting something to eat 30 minutes before you made that post. I'm thinking you saw someone else unless my computer is playing by itself lol.

I've seen hundreds of players use that skin while guarding TP and everytime its been 100% fine.

Could it be a graphic option messing it up? Like Contrast, Brightness, Anti-aliasing or whatever?

I've seen hundreds of players use that skin while guarding TP and everytime its been 100% fine.

Could it be a graphic option messing it up? Like Contrast, Brightness, Anti-aliasing or whatever?

I have my contrast and brightness settings normal. I actually just messed with all of the settings and nothing fixed it. It's weird because it hasn't been changing back this whole time so I don't know what's going on. really wish it would fix though. I know other people might not be able to see it but, man if it isn't bugging the heck out of me.

Sorry for the double post but I thought I would update you on this. Apparently other people can see this glitch. Clanmate just let me know that he can see the glitch that's in my screenshot on his screen when he looks at me.

Volki have been using this skin for months now. We spotted No colour glitches whatsoever.

I'm just going off of what a clanmate said. I told him to make sure he wasn't messing around because I was updating this post about it and he said he promised he wasn't playing. So apparently you are able to see this sometimes.

Volki have been using this skin for months now. We spotted No colour glitches whatsoever.

I'm just going off of what a clanmate said. I told him to make sure he wasn't messing around because I was updating this post about it and he said he promised he wasn't playing. So apparently you are able to see this sometimes.

I've noticed it a couple times actually. I thought it was just the chest rigging that was a different colour to the rest of the skin but then I noticed that it wasn't suppose to be like that.

It only happens rarely for me and I just learnt to deal with it. Like Anze said, I don't think anyone else in Volki has noticed it.

Now that I look at the picture. It seems like you were wearing a Russian Soldier uniform under the SGRUSNIPER one. It looks like theyre glitching over eachother. I have no idea how is that even possible. Maybe the maker of the skin used the Russian soldier as a Template for the sniper,

and it glitches out at a certain angle.

What do you use to start DayZRP? The Launcher?

No the skin is bugged, when goinging into the shadows of tree or anything the torso gear *Radio and just that part* start to go white, I've tried fixing it many times on my end, it is a clear skin bug :L

Now that I look at the picture. It seems like you were wearing a Russian Soldier uniform under the SGRUSNIPER one. It looks like theyre glitching over eachother. I have no idea how is that even possible. Maybe the maker of the skin used the Russian soldier as a Template for the sniper,

and it glitches out at a certain angle.

What do you use to start DayZRP? The Launcher?

I've used the launcher, DayZ Commander and just regularly run it through steam. I've reinstalled the game along with all of the expansions and even reinstalled DayZ RP multiple times. Honestly the skinned is just bugged.

No the skin is bugged, when goinging into the shadows of tree or anything the torso gear *Radio and just that part* start to go white, I've tried fixing it many times on my end, it is a clear skin bug :L

Yep, I hope it is something they fix as some point in time.

Yep, I hope it is something they fix as some point in time.

Hmm... I wish they could re-do the skin. One thing that bugs the hell out of me, is if you wear mask + gloves or any balaclava with the pointed tops, one side slightly sticks out through the hood, but I think I'm the only one that's noticed it.

I doubt there will be a fix for it though, unless someone gets on to Certamine and asks if he can attempt it? Not sure if he can do skins but I know he did the black humvee retexture.

I'd never had a problem with this skin, But when I removed my "BAF" and my "PMC" Expansion packs the skin changed torso just like in the picture.... Maybe that's the problem?

Sign in to follow this